ADVERTISEMENT

What band have you seen the most times live

Alabama....6 times, 3 at The Bowery.
Hootie....6 times
Widespread Panic....5 times
REM...4/5 times
Jupiter Coyote....3 times
Marshall Tucker....3 times

Rick James....once, the night he was arrested in Greenville.

Edit: Jimmy Buffet....over 10 but may not remember all of each of them.
Black Crows......2 times.
KC and the Sunshine Band....2 times.

Last edited:
Widespread Panic somewhere in the 40s range.
Allman Brothers probably upper 20s maybe 30 something.
Grateful Dead 14 times.
You must live near Athens. I am surprised REM has not shown up yet in this thread. I saw them once at the Township, great concert. Nowadays I listen to a band called Tinnitus every day.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
You guys are killing me with only seeing your favorite band a few times

Former deadhead here and I have seen the Grateful Dead 61 times including the best concert that I have ever seen the final performance ever in 2015 ... it was special

Did you see Dead and Company . I was pleasantly surprised . I know a lot of hardcore fans hated John Mayer but i thought he did a hell of a job . He stayed very true to Jerry’s style and really respected the songs . There will never be another Jerry but I thought JM really did his homework . He’s an amazing player

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Return to Forever - 3 times
Funkadelic - 5 times
Prince - Twice
Fishbone - Twice
James Brown - Twice
Living Colour - Twice
King Crimson - Twice
Once Each - Eric Clapton, The Stones, Jackson 5, Bad Brains, Pat Metheny, Tony Williams, Santana

Seen the Allman Brothers 7 times and Santana 4 . Every show was killer except for a show back in the 90s where Dickie and Gregg were both trashed . Who ya got ?? The local cover band down at the VFW or country club doesn’t count
Black Crowes
Metallica
Journey
Sqwearl
Whitesnake (kinda by accident)

Seen the Allman Brothers 7 times and Santana 4 . Every show was killer except for a show back in the 90s where Dickie and Gregg were both trashed . Who ya got ?? The local cover band down at the VFW or country club doesn’t count
Tie: Rush 6 times, Scorpions 6 times.

Player had very mild symptoms during the week but tested negative. Mild symptoms were gone by Friday, which happens to be the day he tested positive. The reality is you really do have to rely on the test. If you held out every player who experienced a runny nose, headache, sore muscles etc then no one would play. You can’t go by symptoms, especially considering that most in this age group show none. That’s why the protocols the ACC uses relies on testing.
You guys are killing me with only seeing your favorite band a few times

Former deadhead here and I have seen the Grateful Dead 61 times including the best concert that I have ever seen the final performance ever in 2015 ... it was special
The Grateful Dead’s final performance was performed in Chicago in 1995, no?...

Reactions: heavycock
Really haven’t seen a lot of bands multiple times but think Marshall Tucker a few times, John Mellencamp twice, Amos Lee twice , and Transiberian Orchestra I think 3 times. But reigning Champ would be the Killer Whales LOL - too many times to count

The Avett Brothers - 20+
Wilco/Jeff Tweedy - 20+
Band of Horses - 6
Jason Isbell - 6 (hopefully 7 this year)
Too many others to name that I've seen more than once.

Man do I miss live music. Haven't been to a show in over a year. I've had tickets to an Avetts show in Charleston since last April. Show is still on - now for November 2021.

Reactions: AsTheCockCrows
Dang what a cool picture, I wonder what the sunburst is worth now . 59’ owned by Skydog .... its gotta be ridiculous
Well...Duane’s’57 Goldtop was for sale for years for 1.1 M and recently sold. That ‘59 Burst being his #1 and the recent precedent set by the sale of David Gilmour’s guitars (7+ M for his black Strat ALONE); it’s really hard to say. His daughter now owns it...hopefully she can afford to keep it.

Mothers' Finest - 3 times, Eagles - 3 times, Charlie Daniels Band - 3 times, Marshall Tucker Band, Three Dog Night and, Grand Funk Railroad - 2 times each.

Seen Clutch 4 times I think if we're talking about national acts. There's a local band out of the Charleston area that I've seen at least 50 times over the years.

The Grateful Dead. A strong second would be their post iterations.....followed by the Doobie Brothers and Bob Dylan. If in the area (these artist)....i am usually in attendance.

Looking forward to getting back to live entertainment.

Hank Williams jr. Countless times but only because he was in spartanburg every other week it seemed like. My favorite would be a toss up between Tina Turner ( what's love got to do with it tour) and Pink Floyd (the wall)

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Pearl Jam 3x

2000 Charlotte
2008 Columbia
2016 Columbia

Tool, A Perfect Circle, Incubus, Chevelle all multiple times, not sure exact count

Springsteen - 8
Santana -4
Elton John - 4
Boz Scaggs - 4
Jimmy Buffett - 3
Lyle Lovett - 3
Too many jazz artists to list that I've seen at least 3 times apiece.
And to my surprise, after I counted Atlanta Symphony Orchestra - 5

Reactions: SCexpat38
Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons ... at least 4x that I can remember. Their music was
and still is different than any other band ever.

I saw Linda Ronstadt three times either headlining or opening for someone else. I've seen tons of others including "punk" bands like the Swimming Pool Q's. The Producers, and the Killer Whales.

I saw Linda Ronstadt three times either headlining or opening for someone else. I've seen tons of others including "punk" bands like the Swimming Pool Q's. The Producers, and the Killer Whales.
I forgot about the beach bands
General Johnson and the Chairman of the board. Too many to count
Tams
Embers
Catalinas
All many many times

Reactions: psmith5532
Two shows I saw that weren't that great were Stevie Nicks and James Taylor

Two shows I saw that weren't that great were Stevie Nicks and James Taylor
Worse act I ever saw was Joe Cocker. Didnt make it through two song before he started throwing up on stage. Luckily, Styx opened up for him when they were in their prime. They were worth the price of admission.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Worse act I ever saw was Joe Cocker. Didnt make it through two song before he started throwing up on stage. Luckily, Styx opened up for him when they were in their prime. They were worth the price of admission.
Stevie Nicks was really trashed and kept going offstage. I always thought she was overrated anyway. James Taylor was boring.

Reactions: bucketdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT