ADVERTISEMENT

What band have you seen the most times live

Let he who has not showed up on stage trashed cast the first stone
When almost everyone was walking out during Joe Cocker's second song, he stopped getting sick long enough to cuss out everyone. Then he got sick again and walked off stage. I stayed longer than he did... one of the few that did.

When almost everyone was walking out during Joe Cocker's second song, he stopped getting sick long enough to cuss out everyone. Then he got sick again and walked off stage. I stayed longer than he did... one of the few that did.

I saw Joe Cocker once, and while he didn't throw up, he was so drunk he could barely stand up.

ZZ Top - 3
Gov't Mule -3

My dad saw George Jones. Said he showed up 2 hours late and they had to "pour" him onto a barstool

Widespread Panic - > 100 times
Jupiter Coyote, Blue Dogs, Five Way Friday - 30-40 times each
Dead and Company - 11 times
Warren Haynes with the ABB, Govt. Mule - 15-20 times
Bob Weir with the Grateful Dead, Further, Wolf Bros. - 15-20 times
Lots of other bands several times - Grateful Dead, Allman Brothers Band, moe., Phish, String Cheese Incident, Twiddle, Buddy Guy, David Alan Coe, Bruce Hornsby...

Lots of other bands several times - Grateful Dead, Allman Brothers Band, moe., Phish, String Cheese Incident, Twiddle, Buddy Guy, David Alan Coe, Bruce Hornsby...
LOVE them. I've seen them a lot too.

You guys are killing me with only seeing your favorite band a few times

Former deadhead here and I have seen the Grateful Dead 61 times including the best concert that I have ever seen the final performance ever in 2015 ... it was special

Several bands mentioned are not worth seeing multiple times on the same tour because they typically play the same songs each night. I dated a girl years ago that saw Jimmy Buffett several nights in a row with friends and the setlist was changed each night by replacing 1-2 songs. I was in disbelief.

Mothers' Finest - 3 times, Eagles - 3 times, Charlie Daniels Band - 3 times, Marshall Tucker Band, Three Dog Night and, Grand Funk Railroad - 2 times each.
I've seen GFR twice. The first time the band came down and stood with me during the drum solo. The second time was in RH and it was the worse concert I've ever been to. The band was off stage and packed up before last call. I think they played 6 songs including the drum solo and Hendricks version of the Star spangled Banner

The Avett Brothers - 20+
Wilco/Jeff Tweedy - 20+
Band of Horses - 6
Jason Isbell - 6 (hopefully 7 this year)
Too many others to name that I've seen more than once.

Man do I miss live music. Haven't been to a show in over a year. I've had tickets to an Avetts show in Charleston since last April. Show is still on - now for November 2021.
A friend of mine taught the Avett Bothers in high school and their sister. We saw them open for Jupiter Coyote at the Handlebar in Greenville, SC with their sister and there was only about ten people there for their set.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Holy cow, did you own the bar where they were playing or were you a roadie for them?

Korn - 8 times
Metallica - 6 times (was supposed to see them 2x last year but got covid-cancelled)
Jimmy Buffet 5 times
I have a friend that has seen Phish/Trey Anastasia Band/Oysterhead > 400 times.

Return to Forever - 3 times
Funkadelic - 5 times
Prince - Twice
Fishbone - Twice
James Brown - Twice
Living Colour - Twice
King Crimson - Twice
Once Each - Eric Clapton, The Stones, Jackson 5, Bad Brains, Pat Metheny, Tony Williams, Santana
We are two peas in a pod. Return to Forever had went their separate ways before I was in middle school, but Romantic Warrior is a top 20 for me! Pat Metheny is another I would loved to have seen! Still Life( talking) is another top 20 for me. King Crimson. What a great band! I’m probably even with you on Funkadelic, Fishbone, and Living Colour. Prince? I respected his virtuosity but not my thing. James Brown... probably the one show I would choose if told I could pick only one that I hadn’t seen! Bad Brains I saw two or three times at Rockafellas.

Did you see Dead and Company . I was pleasantly surprised . I know a lot of hardcore fans hated John Mayer but i thought he did a hell of a job . He stayed very true to Jerry’s style and really respected the songs . There will never be another Jerry but I thought JM really did his homework . He’s an amazing player

Yes I catch a couple of shows every summer but it is not the same. You are correct on John Mayer as he is very good and adds a touch of energy to the band.

The Grateful Dead’s final performance was performed in Chicago in 1995, no?...

Yes that is correct

Every time I fell a little bit down from the stupid virus over the past year I watch this

The crowd singing along was something that I will never forget at a live event.

I saw the vast majority of my shows at Rockafellas in the mid 80s to mid 90s.
Helmet, my favorite, I saw 4-5 times at the club and a couple more elsewhere.
Widespread 15+ times with 5 or so at Rockafellas
The Neighborhoods 4x
Quicksand 2x
The Hollywood Squares, an amazing local band, probably around 8 times. The drummer would play the hubcaps hung on the wall! He later became lead guitarist for the Groovy Cools. Talented.
Type O at Rockafellas once, but they were so tight!
Skid row once, a great straight rock band!
Morphine once at Rockafellas
Green Day once, but they were incredible! This was before Dooky was released.
The last 4 listed are bands that blew up after their Rockafellas gigs.
Primus 6x easy ,once in Rockafellas.
RUSH- 7-8 times. My favorite live band ever!
Van Halen 3x. I got up to front row center stage for 1984 tour! I had a Gamecock kerchief tied around my leg and DLR was in front of me looking down at me. I handled him the kerchief he unraveled it and the crowd went wild in the coliseum! I was a sophomore at Irmo at the time so that was incredible!
Too many more....Allgood, 10x, Jupiter Coyote 5-8x, Black Flag 1x, Plaid Retina 1x and an example of boredom at home on a Monday, and going to Rockafellas. You never knew during MTW.(TAD)
Lollapalooza 1,2,3. 1 was Janes Addiction, 2 was AIC, 3 was Primus as headliners. Faves from the 3 shows...Ice T, Rollins Band, Soundgarden, Souxie and the banshees, Arrested Development, Pearl Jam(short set) and others I can’t remember.

Holy cow, did you own the bar where they were playing or were you a roadie for them?

Korn - 8 times
Metallica - 6 times (was supposed to see them 2x last year but got covid-cancelled)
Jimmy Buffet 5 times
Dang, I totally forgot about Buffet. I have seen him more times than any performer...at least 10 though not sure how much of each I actually remember.

Wow you will appreciate this . As many of you guys know I’m in the music business (or was pre Covid when live shows actually existed). Two years ago I was playing a festival in South Florida and I met Melody Trucks who is Butch’s daughter aka Dereks cousin etc etc . Anyway I was telling her about seeing the band frog wings in college at Elbow room . If you guys remember that band was Butch , Jimmy Herring , Otiel , Kofie. Jeff Sipe , and a 14 year old Derek . She said she remembers that show at Elbow room because she fell asleep in Butch’s drum cases in the green room . What a freaking band !!! Jimmy and Otiel were still in the ARU at the time I think . It was very cool to listen to Melody tell crazy Butch road stories !! She’s a heck of a singer and writer as well .

Saw Johnny Paycheck get arrested on stage because he said “screw your curfew” to a promoter who was telling him he was 20 minutes past a midnight curfew. Promoter came back with a couple of cops and they took him off. Greenwood, SC at the now razed Civic Center. 1979?

Reactions: heavycock
Anyone out there remember the Killer Whales? I saw then a few times back in the day. They were recently at the Wind Jammer a couple of years ago.

Saw Johnny Paycheck get arrested on stage because he said “screw your curfew” to a promoter who was telling him he was 20 minutes past a midnight curfew. Promoter came back with a couple of cops and they took him off. Greenwood, SC at the now razed Civic Center. 1979?
Ha Ha...I saw Loverboy at the ole Civic Center in 1981 when I was at Lander

Besides local bands... I do not think there is a single national/famous act I have ever seen more than one time. Going to big concerts has just never been a focus for me 🤷‍♂️

Doobie Brothers
Journey w/ Loverboy opening
Eagles - 2
Tom Petty w/ Steve Winwood opening
Chuck Mangione
Killer Whales - many times
Hootie & the Blowfish - many times
Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose
Tams
Embers
KC & the Sunshine Band
Chicago
Commodores
Stevie Nicks w/ Joe Walsh opening
Billy Joel -3
Elton John
Nantucket
Marshall Crenshaw

The Neighborhoods 4x
Quicksand 2x
The Hollywood Squares, an amazing local band, probably around 8 times. The drummer would play the hubcaps hung on the wall! He later became lead guitarist for the Groovy Cools. Talented.
Van Halen 3x. I got up to front row center stage for 1984 tour! I had a Gamecock kerchief tied around my leg and DLR was in front of me looking down at me. I handled him the kerchief he unraveled it and the crowd went wild in the coliseum! I was a sophomore at Irmo at the time so that was incredible!
Too many more....Allgood, 10x, Jupiter Coyote 5-8x, Black Flag 1x, Plaid Retina 1x and an example of boredom at home on a Monday, and going to Rockafellas. You never knew during MTW.(TAD)
Lollapalooza 1,2,3. 1 was Janes Addiction, 2 was AIC, 3 was Primus as headliners. Faves from the 3 shows...Ice T, Rollins Band, Soundgarden, Souxie and the banshees, Arrested Development, Pearl Jam(short set) and others I can’t remember.

Wow you mentioned a band in there that I thought was one to the greatest bands to never really “breakout” or make it big ... AllGood . Those guys were absolutely incredible. One of best live bands I’ve ever seen . Those guys could jam for hours . Phenomenal band

Aerosmith 9 times. They were my favorite band back in the '70s and the '80s brought lots of opportunity to see them. Ted Nugent opened for them three times and I saw him at least a couple more times so I've seen him at least five. Judas priest four times. Johnny Winter four times. Probably saw Pat Travers more than all of them, He played Myrtle Beach all the time in the '80s and early '90s.

Im soooooo jealous! I had a chance to see the Turbo tour but I hated that album. Did you see Sreaming for Vengeance tour? The Hellion into Electric Eye to open the album is one of the best openings in hard rock/ metal history!

Dude! I saw that to her twice and I've said exactly that ever since. No band ever came on stage with more power than they did with those songs. Rob Halford from the top of the light truss..."up here in space!" Awesome!

Reactions: redrogers
Mothers Finest the most at Mother Fletchers. Aerosmith and Van Halen 4X each. Only saw Heart once, would have liked to have repeated that one. Boston 3X, the last time a couple years ago on a cruise ship.

I’ve been roped into seeing to my brother’s favorite band, KISS, the most, maybe 5 times, but they do put on an entertaining show. Of the people I actually want to see, Ryan Adams, Old 97s, and Avett Bros about 3 times each. Surprised no one has said DMB since they tour so much.

The Neighborhoods 4x
Quicksand 2x
Allgood, nice one! Jupiter, always a good show!

Reactions: Contentment Blues
Wow you mentioned a band in there that I thought was one to the greatest bands to never really “breakout” or make it big ... AllGood . Those guys were absolutely incredible. One of best live bands I’ve ever seen . Those guys could jam for hours . Phenomenal band
I saw Indecision, the Grapes, the Other People, New Potato Caboose, Purple Schoolbus and Allgood a lot as well. Allgood was at the HORDE Festival in 1992 or 1993 and I thought that was the break they needed.

Wow you will appreciate this . As many of you guys know I’m in the music business (or was pre Covid when live shows actually existed). Two years ago I was playing a festival in South Florida and I met Melody Trucks who is Butch’s daughter aka Dereks cousin etc etc . Anyway I was telling her about seeing the band frog wings in college at Elbow room . If you guys remember that band was Butch , Jimmy Herring , Otiel , Kofie. Jeff Sipe , and a 14 year old Derek . She said she remembers that show at Elbow room because she fell asleep in Butch’s drum cases in the green room . What a freaking band !!! Jimmy and Otiel were still in the ARU at the time I think . It was very cool to listen to Melody tell crazy Butch road stories !! She’s a heck of a singer and writer as well .
I saw Col. Bruce several times with ARU, Codetalkers and others. I have friends that are friends with one of the Trucks girls that lives in Savannah that they say is a great singer but I thought it was Derek and Duane’s sister.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT