ADVERTISEMENT

What bowl game do you want us to go to, and why?

All these people saying Birmingham??? I went to Birmingham when we played there last, it was a shithole... Not just the stadium, but the entire town.
If it's Birmingham, be aware it is being played at the new UAB stadium.

I'm sure a couple of blue blood teams that finished 6-6 would decline the invites, allowing Ball Sate to get in. Which is fine, as MACtion has carried me through the last few weeks on Tuesdays.
True. In this day and age of opting out, there is no telling if a team will have enough players to play.

UVa because they’re my #2, in CLT because I’m already planning the day trip. Not much else you can hope for at 6-6

Just saying, you can see how we went from an offense with a 1,000 yard rusher to basically nothing with the OC change. Our defense was good enough for us too have won 2-3 more games if our offense hadn't been totally impotent. If we get a new OC and possibly some we and/ or OL in the portal or through recruiting we may be in better shape
I definitely agree about a new OC, but that isn't a reason to miss extra practices. Every practice is valuable when talking 18 and 19 year olds who come out of high school just dominating their opponent and suddenly find themselves facing guys every bit as good as they are. Anthony Munoz could have used the worst technique in the world in high school and still dominated. He probably could have done it blindfolded. But in the NFL he was blocking Reggie White and Bruce Smith and even for him, he needed every technique he could learn to stop those guys. You need a new OC, but you need all the practices your o-line can get against college level competition.

I definitely agree about a new OC, but that isn't a reason to miss extra practices. Every practice is valuable when talking 18 and 19 year olds who come out of high school just dominating their opponent and suddenly find themselves facing guys every bit as good as they are. Anthony Munoz could have used the worst technique in the world in high school and still dominated. He probably could have done it blindfolded. But in the NFL he was blocking Reggie White and Bruce Smith and even for him, he needed every technique he could learn to stop those guys. You need a new OC, but you need all the practices your o-line can get against college level competition.
That's true as well. I just don't want a new OC or OL Coach to have to re-teach those who have learned from poor coaching. I hope Adkins is feeling well, and I would hate to fire a man during a health crisis, but our our OL performed waaay better the game he wasn't there. Coincidince? I felt like we had arguably our best rushing game against Auburn, and Adkins missed the game with a health scare.

That's true as well. I just don't want a new OC or OL Coach to have to re-teach those who have learned from poor coaching. I hope Adkins is feeling well, and I would hate to fire a man during a health crisis, but our our OL performed waaay better the game he wasn't there. Coincidince? I felt like we had arguably our best rushing game against Auburn, and Adkins missed the game with a health scare.
Let the offense just run scout plays and concentrate on defensive and special team coaching. Special teams generally get short shrift in practice time allotment, so several practices devoted just to that would be wonderful.

Reactions: cockyferg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT