ADVERTISEMENT

What does USC have to do to be in too 25

RockThrillCock

Aug 9, 2005
Rock Hill
i guess we are not now because many people had now idea how we would be by looking at last year. NC State may not be a playoff team after all . To really get noticed we should try to blow them out.

We're 21 on CBS's poll.

I saw somewhere where we was ranked 18th.

i guess we are not now because many people had now idea how we would be by looking at last year. NC State may not be a playoff team after all . To really get noticed we should try to blow them out.
I do not look at the polls as a true indicator of how good a team is compared to others. I think Western Michigan had a great season last year with two wins over Big Ten conference (North Western and Illinois). However prior to Western Michigan playing Wisconsin in the bowl game, I do not believe the Broncos were a 12th rank team in college football AP poll, I think teams outside of the top 25 poll could have beaten Western Michigan.

I am more interested on what South Carolina conference record will be at the end of the season. Anything starting with a 5-3 to a 8-0 conference record will be a success and South Carolina should be a top 25 team.in the polls

I wish there weren't any polls until after week 4 at the very earliest, if not week 5.

But I believe if we beat UK and La Tech to go 4-0 we will probably break in the top 25 in the AP. Definitely will be in the AP and Coaches Poll if we beat aTm.

Reactions: 92Pony
If we get to 6-0 I will start paying more attention to rankings.

If we get to 6-0 I will start paying more attention to rankings.
I agree, really dont care about rankings now. BUT having said that, a win this week, put SC in TOP 25.. Without a doubt!! Now the good thing about playing in the SEC is. You always control your own destiny.. Go undefeated, you are in the 4 team Playoff!!

3-0 maybe be 23, 24, 25
4-0 probably gets us around 20
5-0 could really bump us depending on other teams that lose - maybe up to 15

...but ultimately I'm with the "who cares at this point" crowd

To those saying "don't worry about rankings".

I laugh at that. Having that little number by your name MEANS SOMETHING. It makes your wins better because your rank is rising, and if you lose then you risk losing your rank completely.

Losing as an unranked team simply doesn't matter as much. You're not risking a ranking.

Plus, it works well for recruiting when you can say that you are a nationally ranked team.

I believe a win vs Kentucky combined with some top 25 teams losing and we'll break into It. Just keep winning and it will all work out.

we are #27 right now. Loser of #22 Tennessee vs #24 Florida game will drop out. I'm sure one other team will lose that's ahead of us right now. I think we crack top 25 after this week

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
If USC beats UK, LA tech, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Tennessee, Vandy and Georgia they will definitely be in top 25.
You don't understand. Some believe the media hates us and does all they can to hurt the program (akin to an infamous former prez candidate).

Some think we'll have to go 10-0 and look like we'll give the babblin' dabo's up the road a run for their money to get in the top 25, due to lack of respect.

In reality, got to beat somebody. Only thing beaten to this point is a bunch of unfounded hype about an NC State team. Mizzou is hideous. And after watching Kentucky against EKU last Saturday, not sure they are anything to write home about. La Tech is a decent. But still a mid major type that won't turn any heads. Beating A&M might would be a turning point in the respect game. But if Sumlin doesn't get that dumpster fire straightened out, even that may not impress. Just keep winning and let the ones in front of us fall back one, by one.

Reactions: Stickman413
With only being 2 spots out in the AP, a top 25 spot is highly probable with a win. Down 6 spots in the coach's poll, not so much.

I'm just happy we can actually start talking about rankings again...after being a few years removed from when we were mainstays in the top 25 for the entire season.

It actually feels like we've been missing from the polls longer than a couple years. But aye, that's what winning does.

we are #27 right now. Loser of #22 Tennessee vs #24 Florida game will drop out. I'm sure one other team will lose that's ahead of us right now. I think we crack top 25 after this week
I was thinking this exact thing. I believe we replace the loser of the UT/UF game. Maybe not verbatim, but we get in with a win.

In reality, got to beat somebody. Only thing beaten to this point is a bunch of unfounded hype about an NC State team. Mizzou is hideous. And after watching Kentucky against EKU last Saturday, not sure they are anything to write home about. La Tech is a decent. But still a mid major type that won't turn any heads. Beating A&M might would be a turning point in the respect game. But if Sumlin doesn't get that dumpster fire straightened out, even that may not impress. Just keep winning and let the ones in front of us fall back one, by one.
Are you kidding?? NC State was being touted as one of the better teams in the ACC, Missouri (A conference opponent) Scored 16 more than the Mighty Clemson tigers against a similar level opponent, Neither game was at home... So i will disagree with they have played NOONE, compared to most other teams..

To those saying "don't worry about rankings".

I laugh at that. Having that little number by your name MEANS SOMETHING. It makes your wins better because your rank is rising, and if you lose then you risk losing your rank completely.

Losing as an unranked team simply doesn't matter as much. You're not risking a ranking.

Plus, it works well for recruiting when you can say that you are a nationally ranked team.
I'm not arguing that, but I am arguing not to worry about the rankings. We can't fix that. We can't change it except by going out and winning. That's why I don't care about the rankings. Win, and they take care of themselves.

Reactions: cockofdawn
You don't understand. Some believe the media hates us and does all they can to hurt the program (akin to an infamous former prez candidate).

Some think we'll have to go 10-0 and look like we'll give the babblin' dabo's up the road a run for their money to get in the top 25, due to lack of respect.
"Babbling Dabo's" I gotta use that one myself. Nice

Being ranked right now means nothing if you lose next weekend. I think alot of fans, me included, want to see Carolina prove we deserve to be ranked. What good, recruiting or otherwise, did it do notre dume to be ranked for one week?
Beat Kentucky and we will be ranked. Keep winning and it will definitely help recruiting. Start losing after Kentucky and no one will care if we were ranked for a week or so

Winning the stats by a good margin and a blowout of UK would probably do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT