ADVERTISEMENT

What???? FGF is leaving Rivals?

So, the board will be pay to post now? I created an account but got a message that I can't post unless unless I register (pay).

Am I wrong?

Edit: looks like they have the Insider board too. Must be a grace period before posting when you sign up.

So, the board will be pay to post now? I created an account but got a message that I can't post unless unless I register (pay).

Am I wrong?

Edit: looks like they have the Insider board too. Must be a grace period before posting when you sign up.

I’ll bet you a $1 FGF will remain free.

Really……$1.

🤷🏻‍♂️

"On3" is a new recruiting site trying to get their name out there. They were started by Shannon Terry, same guy who originally started Rivals and later 247. So this is his latest "play." He's adding a bunch of existing sites to the "On3 umbrella"
Ok. So is there something official on this move posted somewhere?

Reactions: Legendary Cock
If that's what they have to do, in the best interest of their business model, I understand. No hard feelings on my part. I used to read MarketWatch, published by the Wall Street Journal, for investment information and ideas. Then they, within the past year, changed to a paid subscription. As soon as they did that, I said au revoir,,,,,sayonara....adios....ciao.....cheerio....well, you get the point. I think they allow you a few free clicks a month. But, I haven't gone back. And I have not missed MarketWatch. Can I afford to pay monthly for Gamecock news? Yes. But, I won't. I made due without it prior to its existence. And will do so again. All it is for me is entertainment; nothing more; nothing less.

$99 after the first year. No thanks
I cannot speak about your expenses, but the $99/yr. for the Insiders Forum is the best money you can spend if you're an actual Gamecock fan. There's not nearly as many fans of other teams there and few, if any, offer a free site to anybody except Gamecock Central. Not only that, but the pay forum consists mainly of avid fans and much better and correct information by the GCC staff.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
My guess is it'll be business as usual on the new site. A paying forum like TIF, and a free board like FGF.

That was my thought after looking. I'll let you know if I'm given permission to post on the non insiders board. Initially, it asked for me to sign up (pay).

Edit: looked again. There is an insiders forum, and a fighting gamecock forum. I created an account and went to the fighting gamecock forum . I could read the first post in the thread, and every response was listed as premium content, and to read it I needed to register (pay).

Last edited:
If that's what they have to do, in the best interest of their business model, I understand. No hard feelings on my part. I used to read MarketWatch, published by the Wall Street Journal, for investment information and ideas. Then they, within the past year, changed to a paid subscription. As soon as they did that, I said au revoir,,,,,sayonara....adios....ciao.....cheerio....well, you get the point. I think they allow you a few free clicks a month. But, I haven't gone back. And I have not missed MarketWatch. Can I afford to pay monthly for Gamecock news? Yes. But, I won't. I made due without it prior to its existence. And will do so again. All it is for me is entertainment; nothing more; nothing less.

Agreed. I paid for premium content for many years, and it slowly lost its worth to me over time.

I don't get $99 of enjoyment from this site. Most of you yahoos just like to talk junk to people and hijack it with Covid, trump or something else other than sports. I sold tickets and tailgating with members from whatever this used to be. I'm like the other fella. I'll be ok without it. I'm sure there is another site out there that I can waste time on.

thumb_ill-give-you-about-tree-fiddy-diylol-com-ncg-coin-48728751.png

So there's been nothing official from the site guys here. But from what I've read in this thread, the guy who once owned Rivals - who didn't own GamecockCentral to begin with - left to start up 247, and now is starting up another sports site. This guy started a "Fighting Gamecocks Forum" forum at that new site.

So, what does that have to do with this site? Or Rivals? Does it have to do with this site any more than what TheBigSpur has to do with this site? Anyone can start another sports forum on the internet, but that doesn't automatically mean that pre-existing ones have to go away, does it?? And can this new site even keep "Fighting Gamecocks Forum" as the title of their site??

Fr
So there's been nothing official from the site guys here. But from what I've read in this thread, the guy who once owned Rivals - who didn't own GamecockCentral to begin with - left to start up 247, and now is starting up another sports site. This guy started a "Fighting Gamecocks Forum" forum at that new site.

So, what does that have to do with this site? Or Rivals? Does it have to do with this site any more than what TheBigSpur has to do with this site? Anyone can start another sports forum on the internet, but that doesn't automatically mean that pre-existing ones have to go away, does it?? And can this new site even keep "Fighting Gamecocks Forum" as the title of their site??
Nothing will be announced until February 1.

It's just like TBS. Some posts in the "free" forum are behind a paywall so you try to read a thread and miss most of it because you're not a paying member. Bullshit is what it is.

Reactions: rogue cock
It's just like TBS. Some posts in the "free" forum are behind a paywall so you try to read a thread and miss most of it because you're not a paying member. Bullshit is what it is.

Seriously? I really hope that's not it, as that sounds ridiculous to try and wade through.

Reactions: Dizzy01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT