ADVERTISEMENT

What Happened To The "What Wilds & Cooper Said" Thread?

this?

SEPTEMBER 13, 2015

Brandon Wilds after USC’s loss to UK: “We need to run the ball more” (AUDIO)
September 13, 2015

Brandon Wilds wants the ball more.

Brandon Wilds carried the ball 16 times for 107 yards with a 6.6 yard per carry average in USC’s 26-22 loss to Kentucky Saturday night. The Gamecocks second half rally came up short in large part because of three drives that bogged down in the red zone and ended in field goals. After the game Wilds cited his usage, or lack thereof, as the issue.

Q: Do you feel like you got the ball enough tonight?

Wilds: Uh, no. Not at all.

Wilds on Perry Orth coming off the bench: Perry came in there and did a good job in my opinion, just need to run the ball more.

Q: What did you feel like the problems were when you got in the red zone?

Wilds: Uh, I didn’t get the ball.

Q: Brandon, I mean is this second guessing the play calling and the coaches that are calling the plays or is this just saying ‘I’m seeing things, I’m seeing lanes, I should get the ball and go with it?

Wilds: I’m a player, I just get what the coach calls in. I just run what I’m told to do.

I dont know... I started it... And Wilds had 16 carries for 106 yards... 6.6 yards per carry... I am no genius but run him a couple times inside the 10 and I like our chances just saying. Williams is the one that has been very disappointing.

this?

SEPTEMBER 13, 2015

Brandon Wilds after USC’s loss to UK: “We need to run the ball more” (AUDIO)
September 13, 2015

Brandon Wilds wants the ball more.

Brandon Wilds carried the ball 16 times for 107 yards with a 6.6 yard per carry average in USC’s 26-22 loss to Kentucky Saturday night. The Gamecocks second half rally came up short in large part because of three drives that bogged down in the red zone and ended in field goals. After the game Wilds cited his usage, or lack thereof, as the issue.

Q: Do you feel like you got the ball enough tonight?

Wilds: Uh, no. Not at all.

Wilds on Perry Orth coming off the bench: Perry came in there and did a good job in my opinion, just need to run the ball more.

Q: What did you feel like the problems were when you got in the red zone?

Wilds: Uh, I didn’t get the ball.

Q: Brandon, I mean is this second guessing the play calling and the coaches that are calling the plays or is this just saying ‘I’m seeing things, I’m seeing lanes, I should get the ball and go with it?

Wilds: I’m a player, I just get what the coach calls in. I just run what I’m told to do.
I agree with him....and if I were his coach, he'd be sitting on the bench for the next month learning some humility and never have the chance to talk to the media again.

Reactions: IkeWild33
I agree with him....and if I were his coach, he'd be sitting on the bench for the next month learning some humility and never have the chance to talk to the media again.

Sit him on the bench....WTH? That's smart...dude nearly get a first down each touch and HE is the problem?

So you agree, but he needs to be taught a lesson? That makes absolutely no sense. Our coaches, however, need to all get on a bus (maybe the Taters rock rubbin' bus) and go take a seat somewhere.

Last edited:
Spurrier is washed up he still has fantasy of getting to the NFL so he wants to do things his way he is stubborn.....The Sad thing is I dont Drink so I cant drink the pain away

When you're behind and your qb is making good throws, you throw. Wilds got stacked up inside the 20 when we did go to him. Knot's penalty killed us. No way we would have passed from the 2.

I have to disagree with Brandon's statement. It's a long season and he's had injury problems through the years. I think 16 carries is a decent number. I hope we come out mad from the start at Georgia.

Reactions: jonesz21
I have to disagree with Brandon's statement. It's a long season and he's had injury problems through the years. I think 16 carries is a decent number. I hope we come out mad from the start at Georgia.

You don't question your coach to the media that is dumb. Wilds had a good game. Da williams needs to step up a little more

It's going to be a long year followed by a stressful offseason. Changes have to be made at the top.

IMO, this staff quit recruiting two years ago knowing that Spurrier was probably leaving after last year. Then, we begged him to stay a little longer and it's showing up on the field.

To me, the biggest recipe for disaster was naming Jr Recruiting Coordinator. He knows his job is safe no matter what. We have gone downhill ever since he was given that job.

It's going to be a long year followed by a stressful offseason. Changes have to be made at the top.

IMO, this staff quit recruiting two years ago knowing that Spurrier was probably leaving after last year. Then, we begged him to stay a little longer and it's showing up on the field.

To me, the biggest recipe for disaster was naming Jr Recruiting Coordinator. He knows his job is safe no matter what. We have gone downhill ever since he was given that job.
^^^^^This^^^^^

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT