ADVERTISEMENT

What has happened to Bobby Petrino

Never thought much of him as a human being but he could coach. Guess that aspect of him has followed suit with the rest.

He's always run programs into the ground. The difference is this is the first time he's ever stayed at a job more than 4 years so its bottomed out with him still there rather than right after he left.

Never thought much of him as a human being but he could coach. Guess that aspect of him has followed suit with the rest.

Truth be known, the man is an OC. Can call plays with the best of them. But not the kind of guy that you would figure is an impressive recruiter. Being at a place only 3-4 years has probably served him well. He can dial up plays for the talent he inherits and then gets out of Dodge before he has to supply his own.

His little off field issue? Please. If we fired every football coach that strayed from the marital bed half the coaches in the country wouldn't be on the sideline.

Reactions: rogue cock and PC31
When they ran Petino off they hired an AD (forget his name) but they said at the time the guy hated Petrino and thought he would fire him too. I guess things arent working out now but id love to have him as our offensive coord.
He uae to give Spurrier fits

He's always run programs into the ground. The difference is this is the first time he's ever stayed at a job more than 4 years so its bottomed out with him still there rather than right after he left.

Actually he built a powerhouse at Louisville then left and did the same at Arkansas. He now is back at Louisville and waa building them back up until they had the recruiting scandal and hired an AD that hates the guy. Say what you will but he is Spurrier offensive good

Actually he built a powerhouse at Louisville then left and did the same at Arkansas. He now is back at Louisville and waa building them back up until they had the recruiting scandal and hired an AD that hates the guy. Say what you will but he is Spurrier offensive good

Well hire his azz cuz we are no where near spurrier good at OC

I have to disagree there. He was very good at coaching the talent he inherited but not good at actually building and maintaining a healthy program. The coach after Petrino always takes over a rebuild.

I never had a high opinion of him as a person, after the L'ville-Auburn incident, but after how he notified his players when he was the Atlanta Falcons HC that he was leaving, I lost all respect for him.
I won't deny he could call a great game, but watching him crash and burn like he has gives me great satisfaction.

Reactions: sclawman77
Louisville had 18 penalties last night when I finished watching. Obviously that's not a mark of a well coached team.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT