ADVERTISEMENT

What is the closest Marta station to Georgia Tech..

shmitty

Gold Member
Mar 25, 2002
I don't think there is one. Anyone going to the Stones next week? If so, where are you parking.

I don't think there is one. Anyone going to the Stones next week? If so, where are you parking.
Probably Midtown or North Avenue stations. If it is at Bobby Dodd, then you will want to get off at the North Avenue station and walk down North Avenue. It crosses over the Downtown Connector, and the stadium will be on your right.

I tried to pull up the map on google but could not see how far the North Avenue Station was from Georgia Tech. What are we talking.. 5 blocks? 400 yards? Isn't their a pedestrian walk way very close to the Varsity that connects one close to campus and the stadium?

Probably Midtown or North Avenue stations. If it is at Bobby Dodd, then you will want to get off at the North Avenue station and walk down North Avenue. It crosses over the Downtown Connector, and the stadium will be on your right.
This is correct. What is the distance from North Avenue station to that crosswalk?

North Marta Station for sure! It's about .25 miles to Bobby Dodd. And I'll be there! Can't wait actually.

If you want to park and take Marta, there is a large lot across from the Arts Center Marta Station that will have plenty of parking (and should be $6-10) for the night.

Reactions: shmitty
North Marta Station for sure! It's about .25 miles to Bobby Dodd. And I'll be there! Can't wait actually.

If you want to park and take Marta, there is a large lot across from the Arts Center Marta Station that will have plenty of parking (and should be $6-10) for the night.
I wonder what time that parking lot will fill up? I dunno. Is anyone warming up for the Stones?

CBbSg0aWAAAodS7.png

Awesome!! The last time I saw The Stones was in 1992 (I think) when they played at Clemons Memorial Stadium.

They were awesome, but I distinctly remember than none of the band members stayed anywhere near Pickens County - they flew in right before the concert started via helicopters from Atlanta!!

I wonder what time that parking lot will fill up? I dunno. Is anyone warming up for the Stones?

That lot never fills up - it's not really a widely used lot for Bobby Dodd (but is great if you want to be able to miss a lot of traffic).

That said, there are still a ton of Bobby Dodd parking passes on Stubhub for $20 or less. If you pick a good lot for the direction you want to leave, that could be even better (and have tailgaters).

I am trying to find this garage on a map but no luck so far. Can someone post a link to a map of the location of this garage so I can plan a driving route.

3rd St Parking Deck- Only 2 Blocks from Bobby Dodd

you might be thinking it's on 3rd street. yea.. no doubt. still can't find it on a map.

Hey Shmitty. i'm going to the Stones too. Going to try to catch the nearest MARTA from my hotel. Anybody in your party need a ticket? I've got an extra floor seat Section H row 5 for face + ticket charges $165.

I probably don't need to tell you this, but if you use Marta be very alert to your surroundings from the time you pull into the parking lot until you leave the lot. Same can probably be said about the Tech campus, maybe not so bad in the summer but quite a few kids have been roughed up and had their electronics taken on campus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT