ADVERTISEMENT

What it will take to beat Clemson

johncockroach

Sep 24, 2019
3 sacks by our defense

1 int by Lawrence

10-15 touches for Dak. I don't care about yards, just give him the effing ball.

4 designed runs for hilinski. Again, i don't care about yards, keep the defense honest to open up RPO's.

1 big play for Bryan and Shi each

zero turnovers by offense

Outgain them on the ground and hold Lawrence to 250 yards passing. Keep receivers in front and limit big plays in the passing game.

1 big special teams play

convert >50% of redzone trips to TD's

It's easy to look at the records and momentum and think it's absolutely unattainable, we should just game plan it brick by brick and forget the noise. Look at the minutia and details, it's not as out of reach as everyone thinks. I'm giving it a 15% chance. Gotta stop feeling sorry for ourselves and the program, this is the girl we brought with us to the dance, I'm gonna be drinking, yelling, and praying. A win would change everything.

I know the first instinct to respond to this is to poke holes in how difficult some of the above items are. I know, I get it, but it's what we need to do.

Score 24 points and we have a chance. Hold them below 28 and we have a chance. We can score 24 points on a good night against that D. We can hold them to 28 or less on their off night.

Reactions: rmgill
Urich needs a chance to play! Why the hell not? He’s our fastest qb...yes, faster than Dak. Injuries are not a concern since this is our last game.

Reactions: 92Pony
Watch the georgia game.

A massive difference, in the Cocks favor, in turnovers with at least one being a defensive score. Superior special teams play will also be a must.

Honestly though.....I doubt even that'll matter. We're in act of God territory here.

Reactions: TeamPlayer
giphy.gif

Our fans drilling them with D cell batteries during their "Victory Walk" and they haul tail back to Pickens County.

If you put the batteries in socks they don't bruise as easily.

Did you flunk math?

By your numbers, we still lose...

Carolina - 24
Clemson - 28

Huh?

Just saying if we don't score over 24 points, no way we win. If they score over 28 points, no way we win. If we want a chance we have to score more than 24, or hold them to less than 28. Less than 28 includes #'s that are less than 24, and more than 24 includes numbers that are more than 28.

Reactions: 92Pony
Our fans drilling them with D cell batteries during their "Victory Walk" and they haul tail back to Pickens County.

LOL Do you think those thugs will really do that Taunting Walk again? They call it a Victory Walk. But how do they know before the game they are going to win? All it is is being thugs and taunting fans. They should call it the Taunting Walk.

3 sacks by our defense

1 int by Lawrence

4 designed runs for hilinski. Again, i don't care about yards, keep the defense honest to open up RPO's.

Outgain them on the ground and hold Lawrence to 250 yards passing. Keep receivers in front and limit big plays in the passing game.

1 big special teams play

It's easy to look at the records and momentum and think it's absolutely unattainable, we should just game plan it brick by brick and forget the noise. Look at the minutia and details, it's not as out of reach as everyone thinks. I'm giving it a 15% chance. Gotta stop feeling sorry for ourselves and the program, this is the girl we brought with us to the dance, I'm gonna be drinking, yelling, and praying. A win would change everything.

I know the first instinct to respond to this is to poke holes in how difficult some of the above items are. I know, I get it, but it's what we need to do.

Score 24 points and we have a chance. Hold them below 28 and we have a chance. We can score 24 points on a good night against that D. We can hold them to 28 or less on their off night.
Clemson fielding an ineligible player resulting in a forfeit?

Tell them "the game is on Sunday, c'mon back tomorrow, we'll have pancakes in the morning for you."

Then they forfeit for not showing up.

"The Mutara Nebula"

AKA...Heavy rain like that seen in the Missouri game one year ago. It might help to negate their passing game. Of course our team would still lose, but bad weather can help alter a game plan.

3 sacks by our defense

1 int by Lawrence

1 big special teams play

Ummm wait, so our only chance to beat them is if we score 24 and hold them to 28??? I think you should check that math there chief... Beyond that- Edwards is not playing and even if we do hold them to 28, we have yet to score a TD this season when Edwards was not at least on the field... Why would anyone think we can put up one of our biggest point totals of the season vs a really solid D without the only play maker on our team suited up?

our only hope to win is if the entire clemsun offense and defense is abducted prior to the game and they have to field a team of cheerleaders with Dabo playing QB.

3 sacks by our defense

1 int by Lawrence

1 big special teams play

You obviously haven't watched that "D" this year......they're better than last years defense, be lucky to cross the 50 unless they turn it over.

Reactions: SpartanCock1013
If the defense shows up, the offense plays like it did in the first half against Georgia and Alabama the entire game, we win the turnover battle by at least 2, and Clemson isn’t firing on all cylinders.....we may still not win! Make no mistake, the aforementioned must happen to have a chance....but even then it’s going to take a miracle.

Trevor Lawrence needs to exit the game early with a injury or ejection is the scenario

Since I dont wish injury, I think he needs to throw a pick and make the tackle and get called for targeting and ejected. We win under this scenario

As is I dont see us scoring much and we cant stop the deep pass with Ibe back there, this is how I see us winning

Reactions: USCLaw85
Ummm wait, so our only chance to beat them is if we score 24 and hold them to 28??? I think you should check that math there chief... Beyond that- Edwards is not playing and even if we do hold them to 28, we have yet to score a TD this season when Edwards was not at least on the field... Why would anyone think we can put up one of our biggest point totals of the season vs a really solid D without the only play maker on our team suited up?

our only hope to win is if the entire clemsun offense and defense is abducted prior to the game and they have to field a team of cheerleaders with Dabo playing QB.

Already explained the logic of the 24 & 28 points in an earlier post. If you can't figure it out may God have mercy on your soul.

I didn't know Edwards was listed as doubtful until after I posted this.

I am not predicting that we are going to win or score 24 points. These are keys to victory. That is why the title of the thread is "what it will take to beat clemson" not "I believe we will win because we will score 24 points and Clemson will score 28 points and Bryan Edwards will magically score a touchdown sitting on the bench in street clothes and the laws of logic and physics will reverse and 28 will become less than 24". I thought about using that title but I knew smart people on this board would hold me accountable.

Already explained the logic of the 24 & 28 points in an earlier post. If you can't figure it out may God have mercy on your soul.

I didn't know Edwards was listed as doubtful until after I posted this.

I am not predicting that we are going to win or score 24 points. These are keys to victory. That is why the title of the thread is "what it will take to beat clemson" not "I believe we will win because we will score 24 points and Clemson will score 28 points and Bryan Edwards will magically score a touchdown sitting on the bench in street clothes and the laws of logic and physics will reverse and 28 will become less than 24". I thought about using that title but I knew smart people on this board would hold me accountable.

So the team with the most points in the end wins? Is that what your saying. So you’re telling me we have a chance! We landed on the moon!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT