ADVERTISEMENT

What's happened to my beloved Gamecock Baseball team? Where ever they

I hate to say it, but this team is bad, and isn’t showing signs of improvement. We are currently last in the sec in team batting average ( last in BB and 1st in Ks), pitching era and 7th in fielding percentage. Going into the series with Alabama we really needed a sweep, if not at least to win the series, to turn things around. We managed just 1 run on 7 hits and 17 strikeouts in 18 innings yesterday. Last year around this time Kingston managed to find a winning combination with the lineup, pitching, and defense. This year they don’t seem to have any answers at this point. Callil got moved to the 2-hole yesterday and I watched him strikeout 3 times chasing balls in the dirt. (He struck out 4 times in the 2nd game but evidently I missed an ab). Not trying to pick on one player because it’s evident up and down the lineup, just an example. We have no idea how to battle, work a count, or adjust and take the ball the opposite way.
Our offensive philosophy seems to be to swing for the fences no matter what the count is. Pitching, other than Morgan, Tringali, and Kerry, shows no signs of consistency. Some of the freshmen have shown promise on the mound, only to take a step back in their next outing. We get to 2 strikes on hitters but either don’t have an “out” pitch, or can’t execute location. Defensively I guess you could say we’ve improved moderately, but still not performing at a high level.
At this point it’s hard to find any improvement. They look to be playing tight, lack player leadership, and will end up not even making the sec tournament

This quote from Reid Morgan after the 2nd game yesterday is also disturbing.
“We just have to come together as a team. Find the guys who want to do it, the guys that don’t want to do it, so be it,” Morgan said. “They’ll find out eventually that its time to go, and hopefully they’ll get on board. The guys who want to do it, we’ll get together and be a family.”

“We just have to come together as a team. Find the guys who want to do it, the guys that don’t want to do it, so be it,” Morgan said. “They’ll find out eventually that its time to go, and hopefully they’ll get on board. The guys who want to do it, we’ll get together and be a family.”

Yep, there's trouble there.

I would sit the whole starting lineup today, if possible, they show no heart and maybe riding the pine would motivate them.

Yep, there's trouble there.

I agree with you, that's an announced trouble post. Unless something drastic changes for the better, it would not surprise me to see Reid get a nice pro offer and accept it. Heaven only knows where the run production will come from next season.

I agree with you, that's an announced trouble post. Unless something drastic changes for the better, it would not surprise me to see Reid get a nice pro offer and accept it. Heaven only knows where the run production will come from next season.
next season?? How could next season have less?? OOPS, i best be careful... I am gonna get scolded by the sunshine pumpers..

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
That sounds like the clubhouse trouble Holbrook had his last couple years.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT