ADVERTISEMENT

What's the likelihood we're going to have a night game vs Ga?

I'll guess pretty good chance if we beat Vandy. We would likely be a 7 or 7:45 on ESPN or the Deuce. I don't see a chance of CBS unless they are just dying to get Uga. Georgia is the draw. And having us with 6 wins to look like competition (I'm not so sure myself) should lock up a primetime slot.

I'll guess pretty good chance if we beat Vandy. We would likely be a 7 or 7:45 on ESPN or the Deuce. I don't see a chance of CBS unless they are just dying to get Uga. Georgia is the draw. And having us with 6 wins to look like competition (I'm not so sure myself) should lock up a primetime slot.
CBS is having a double header on 4 November. One game at 3:30 and the other at 8:00. I would think the Alabama vs Louisiana State will be prime time CBS for the 8:00 Showing. The South Carolina game has a chance to be aired on CBS for the 3:30 game. If CBS does not select the South Carolina and Georgia matchup then I guess CBS will show the Auburn and Texas AM game at 3:30.

CBS is having a double header on 4 November. One game at 3:30 and the other at 8:00. I would think the Alabama vs Louisiana State will be prime time CBS for the 8:00 Showing. The South Carolina game has a chance to be aired on CBS for the 3:30 game. If CBS does not select the South Carolina and Georgia matchup then I guess CBS will show the Auburn and Texas AM game at 3:30.

I think the only thing worse than getting the CBS game (I'm basing this largely on our stellar won/loss record, lol), is getting the early CBS game that doesn't have Verne and Gary, so they pull in backup NFL guys who don't know the college game and talk ad-nauseum about the pro-prospects' chances while ignoring the flow of the game. Add in about twelve discussions on the differences in the pro vs college game and you're all set...

Reactions: Lakecock1

This.

I think the only thing worse than getting the CBS game (I'm basing this largely on our stellar won/loss record, lol), is getting the early CBS game that doesn't have Verne and Gary, so they pull in backup NFL guys who don't know the college game and talk ad-nauseum about the pro-prospects' chances while ignoring the flow of the game. Add in about twelve discussions on the differences in the pro vs college game and you're all set...

Fail.

I can see CBS gobbling up ALA/LSU for prime time at 8. That game is always a ratings hit. That leaves the 3:30 slot open to battle with the A&M/Aubbie game.

I think we get the afternoon CBS game if we beat Vandy and they beat Florida. At 6-2 there is an outside shot we will be ranked. #2 vs #25 would be a good draw. In any event, it's 6-2 vs 8-0 which will be a good matchup....at least in theory.

I can see CBS gobbling up ALA/LSU for prime time at 8. That game is always a ratings hit. That leaves the 3:30 slot open to battle with the A&M/Aubbie game.

I believe Auburn has already done the 3:30 game twice. Once for certain but I believe twice. That improves our chances. Is the Cocktail party the 3:30 CBS game? If so, they may not want UGa on back to back weekends.

Don’t all teams get a game at 3:30 on cbs? Have to be uga or UF

I had two thoughts on this:
1. I don't think CBS is required to take everyone a certain number of times. I'm pretty sure we have missed during our lean years, and I only occasionally ever remember seeing Vandy.
2. All teams that play Alabama get a CBS game, lol...

I'd bet the Florida game just because they can milk the "Muschamp goes up against his former team that fired him" angle.
Pretty sure that would be the fifth time UF would be on CBS at 3:30. I can't imagine CBS showing anyone that many times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT