ADVERTISEMENT

What's the word on Jay Ulrich?

ken in sacramento

Jan 16, 2000
He is a RS Frosh but I haven't seen him anywhere. Is he ever going to be a factor? Maybe we should give him some snaps instead of Scar if we ever get ahead again. I get that Scar is the backup but he is gone after this year, and we need to plow some fields for the future.

Horn looks like a stud!

There is no word on Urich. He played in the spring game. Didn't do much one way or the other.

SInce the new savior is coming this spring, and we have Joyner, I imagine he transfers our. I probably would if I were him.

Normal teams put guys like that in after the game is out of reach to give them some playing time and see what you have.

But we have to let Bentley go up against 4th teamers, so we don't look so bad or to pad his stats or something.

Reactions: robertfootball
He is a RS Frosh but I haven't seen him anywhere. Is he ever going to be a factor? Maybe we should give him some snaps instead of Scar if we ever get ahead again. I get that Scar is the backup but he is gone after this year, and we need to plow some fields for the future.

Horn looks like a stud!

He was ave in high school. I Don’t see him getting in the mix unless injuries happen

Soon as he graduates and we have to play someone else. Long as he's here they won't get meaningful playing time to show what they can do.
That is correct he is daddy’s little boy daddy should be run out of town on a rail and back in to high school ball where he belongs.

Soon as he graduates and we have to play someone else. Long as he's here they won't get meaningful playing time to show what they can do.
Did you watch any of the spring game? Anyone who did knows that at least at that time, Bentley was the best we had. So unless someone else has made some huge strides since then, he’s the best we got right now regardless of who his daddy is

Did you watch any of the spring game? Anyone who did knows that at least at that time, Bentley was the best we had. So unless someone else has made some huge strides since then, he’s the best we got right now regardless of who his daddy is
Hmmmm I saw Scar came in and throw a TD in a similar drive like he had against Coastal.

If you can’t tell the difference between Bentley and Scarnecchia then I can’t help you.
Hell I thought you were talking about Joyner or Urich Hahahaha
Are you saying Scarnechia can't miss open receivers and throw picks as well as Jake?

Bentley has the tools. He just doesn’t seem to play well in big games. But still, he’s not the only one. Keep that in mind. We rarely come out and play a solid all-around game. I mean seriously, when is the last one against a decent opponent?

Not saying Jake is great. Something is lacking. But something is lacking for the majority of college QBs. I don’t think we put the kid in many opportunities to succeed. I know we certainly didn’t do him any favors coming out throwing the ball like we were Texas Tech or something.

Bentley has the tools. He just doesn’t seem to play well in big games. But still, he’s not the only one. Keep that in mind. We rarely come out and play a solid all-around game. I mean seriously, when is the last one against a decent opponent?

Not saying Jake is great. Something is lacking. But something is lacking for the majority of college QBs. I don’t think we put the kid in many opportunities to succeed. I know we certainly didn’t do him any favors coming out throwing the ball like we were Texas Tech or something.
It's his leadership skills or lack thereof. You can be ra ra but eventuallly you have to step between the white lines and prove you can lead the team. I don't see him as the type that want to put the team on his shoulders and carry them. I honestly think he's more of a liability in big games than anytning.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
It's his leadership skills or lack thereof. You can be ra ra but eventuallly you have to step between the white lines and prove you can lead the team. I don't see him as the type that want to put the team on his shoulders and carry them. I honestly think he's more of a liability in big games than anytning.

So far it’s hard to argue against what you are saying. I agree, though I can’t really say how he leads in the huddle, locker room, etc other than I do think he’s too up and down. But again, it’s this whole team. Bryson Allen-Williams runs his mouth, says “never again”, all that same stuff but in the big games he can’t make tackles, gets out run, and looks just as bad.

Our defense doesn’t help Jake and I know he threw a pick 6 to start but that ball should’ve been caught. It’s tough to throw the ball 34 times against a great team in one half. When you get behind early, and big, it’s very tough to stick to the game plan and establish the run. I can’t recall us ever trying to run against Clemson in the two recent beat downs under Muschamp and we didn’t this past Saturday either. That’s why it blew my mind to come out throwing 7 straight times with no back in the backfield. It wasn’t almost as if McClendon was doing it for the fans saying, “look what I did to the offense.” The problem was it was still the same crappy offense, just faster and with 5 WRs.

These talented teams can just tee off on Bentley and that’s tough. I know that Bentley was 10 times better than Orth or McIlwain. He hasn’t improved much but I know it is better now than it was this time 3 years ago.

What big games has he won since he's been the starter? Better yet, What big games were we competitive in when he was the QB?

It takes more than just a QB to be competitive. No doubt if Aaron Rodgers was out there I’d feel better. But we lose all of these games as bad or worse with the QBs behind Bentley on this roster. I believe that wholeheartedly.

We haven’t won’t any BIG games. But we won a lot more than we would’ve had we stuck with Orth and McIlwain his freshman season. Same last season.

How does Bentley get beat up so much when it’s Muschamp’s defense giving up 50+ to Clemson and 41 to UGA after 3 quarters? This defense is sloppy and it’s shocking we are still this bad 3 years in.

That is correct he is daddy’s little boy daddy should be run out of town on a rail and back in to high school ball where he belongs.
Y'all are putting way too much on the qb. Without a running game, everyone knows to gain yards we must pass. Not too hard to figure out our offense. Really unfair to the qb to keep blaming him for all our woes.

Reactions: Carolina4
I fail to see how much of what went wrong offensively had anything to do with Bentley
Bentley's big problem is that he doesn't see the field well....such as missing a wide open Dowdle streaking down the sideline on the wheel route. He also missed several to his safety valve eventhough they were wide open. He can't seem to look away from his primary one or two receivers. He often locks on to one receiver and fails to look the safety off...like on the play with the interception in the end zone.

Bentley's big problem is that he doesn't see the field well....such as missing a wide open Dowdle streaking down the sideline on the wheel route. He also missed several to his safety valve eventhough they were wide open. He can't seem to look away from his primary one or two receivers. He often locks on to one receiver and fails to look the safety off...like on the play with the interception in the end zone.

As a friend of mine said Saturday, he telegraphs his passes more than Alexander Graham Bell.

It makes it very easy for the DBs to know where to go.

He's 1-5 vs ranked opponents. Not good.

Oddly enough our entire team has the same record against those same opponents. Bentley could play a solid game and post 30 points against these ranked teams. But they are scoring 40 & 50 on us. Not sure the records would change much

As a friend of mine said Saturday, he telegraphs his passes more than Alexander Graham Bell.

It makes it very easy for the DBs to know where to go.

I feel like RPOs force this. Especially for younger QBs. So much decision making...doesn’t allow much of an opportunity to do much other than hand off, keep and run, or throw ball to primary receiver.

I don’t think this staff is doing Jake any favors in this offense, even if this is what Jake says he likes.

The concept works for QBs who can do it. We do it often but it doesn’t feel like we have a ton of success with it. And with our OL not being a major strength in the run game. I’d prefer to see them all in run Block rather than left side run / right side pass, etc...

Oddly enough our entire team has the same record against those same opponents. Bentley could play a solid game and post 30 points against these ranked teams. But they are scoring 40 & 50 on us. Not sure the records would change much

His qbr rating is in the 60's against ranked opponents. I get your point, but it's difficult to argue that Bentley has played well against good defenses.

Reactions: Carolina4
His qbr rating is in the 60's against ranked opponents. I get your point, but it's difficult to argue that Bentley has played well against good defenses.

And I haven’t argued that at all. It’s been bad. But so has every other aspect of this football team. That’s the point. How could Bentley possibly do enough to win that game Saturday? He couldn’t. Not with this defense, this system, these players. We aren’t good enough yet. Not all his fault. We just have a long way to go.

Reactions: BigTomE
All I know is we are 1-1 in those stupid looking helmets. Burn them along with the black pants.
You can put monkeys in the uniforms of your choice and they still can’t play football. We just don’t have very much talent and not much coaching.

Perhaps your friend meant it as a compliment.

An electrical telegraph was independently developed and patented in the United States in 1837 by Samuel Morse. His assistant, Alfred Vail, developed the Morse code signalling alphabet with Morse. The telegraph was patented 10 years before A. G. Bell was born.

Or, perhaps your friend was thinking of Alexander Graham Belski, who invented the telephone Pole. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist)

Last edited:
Perhaps your friend meant it as a compliment.

An electrical telegraph was independently developed and patented in the United States in 1837 by Samuel Morse. His assistant, Alfred Vail, developed the Morse code signalling alphabet with Morse. The telegraph was patented 10 years before A. G. Bell was born.

Or, perhaps your friend was thinking of Alexander Graham Belski, who invented the telephone Pole. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist)
I think he meant "phonographs".

What big games has he won since he's been the starter? Better yet, What big games were we competitive in when he was the QB?
None do you realize how many coaches we have on offence that sucks I can think of two especially. Why Bentley has his job I don’t understand unless that was the only way we could get mr overrated. B Mack is as bad as I have ever seen. He might be a good position coach I don’t know but the OC is not now or never will be a good one.

None do you realize how many coaches we have on offence that sucks I can think of two especially. Why Bentley has his job I don’t understand unless that was the only way we could get mr overrated. B Mack is as bad as I have ever seen. He might be a good position coach I don’t know but the OC is not now or never will be a good one.

Either a troll or just clueless. Can’t decide which one though

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT