ADVERTISEMENT

What's your favorite quote from a Carolina coach you have heard?

Holtz was once talking about a player (Cleveland Pinkney, I believe) and his gift for gab.

"He'll just keep talking until he finds something to say."
When I was a kid and use to go to all of the home games, I remember standing outside of the stadium where Carolina comes in. I was talking to an elderly woman and about a middle aged woman. Turned out it was Cleveland Pinkney's aunt and grandmother. His aunt held me up in her arms when they were coming into the stadium and let me hug him. As a kid that was a surreal moment. She asked me for my name and address. A few weeks later I received an autographed picture of him making a tackle against Georgia and then received an autographed handheld football game. Really was special.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
this is hear say because I’m fairly sure it is not in print/audio

Joe Morrison saying “Raynard Brown was so fast cause he has jets in his ass.“

Note: if watch the vid you may want turn down audio so not hear/relive Keith Jackson talk about national stakes this game meant to us.

Spurrier following our 2014 win over Vandy: "I told the guys, it’s embarrassing the way we play. And I’m the head coach of this embarrassing group of guys."

Does Dabo Swinney count as a Carolina coach? He coaches in South Carolina. This week he said:

It's “like I've got the plague,” Swinney said of Clemson's 4-3 mark.

I love that quote. Dabo Swinney with the plague.

After a preseason practice in August during his first season and remarking how hot it was Lou said:
"The only thing between Columbia in the summer and hell, is a screen door"

When I was a kid and use to go to all of the home games, I remember standing outside of the stadium where Carolina comes in. I was talking to an elderly woman and about a middle aged woman. Turned out it was Cleveland Pinkney's aunt and grandmother. His aunt held me up in her arms when they were coming into the stadium and let me hug him. As a kid that was a surreal moment. She asked me for my name and address. A few weeks later I received an autographed picture of him making a tackle against Georgia and then received an autographed handheld football game. Really was special.
That's awesome!

Reactions: StallionDuck
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT