ADVERTISEMENT

When all is said and done with this recruiting class..

What are you realistically and honestly happy with? It’s year 4 recruit class. Plenty of time to establish relationships and build networking. Personally if we aren’t Top 15 I don’t think we’re building toward closing the Gap with Clemson or UGA and possibly widen gap with teams like A and M and Florida. What’s your take?
It's really year 3 class because BOOM! got stuck with whatever he could salvage or scrape up in his first recruiting cycle.

we still get to add a couple more players and add in the fact if you count belk and the other transfer, which they dont we would be 14th right now...whether they count em or not, we still got em

Reactions: rogue cock
SOS signed 5-star guys FROM SOUTH CAROLINA, that's a huge difference. It's not like he pulled these guys out of Florida or Georgia. To consistently pull that kind of player you have to be able to recruit nationally. We aren't there yet, but I think we headed in the right direction.
Culliver was from NC, if I recall correctly.

So it still begs the question how these other 1st year coaches are getting over the hump faster than our staff who have been settled in here longer.
You mean at UGA? UT? A&M? You know, teams with a greater population to recruit from and/or a better history of actually winning football games?

I can't imagine how they're doing it.

You mean at UGA? UT? A&M? You know, teams with a greater base to recruit from and a better history of actually winning football games?

I can't imagine how they're doing it.
How about Arkansas? Tennessee has been a dumpster fire for more than a decade. Prior to this year, Florida has had one competitive year since the end of the Meyer era. That's an entire lifetime for today's recruits. Most of them don't remember those schools as the juggernauts they once were. A&M hasn't been anything special since Manziel was there. And before that, they hadn't been anything special at all for years. And in that time, Baylor -- not exactly storied the most storied of programs -- manged to become a major player on the national stage, complete with a Heisman trophy winner. If not for the sexual assault scandal, they could still be tearing it up.

Suffice to say, history does not dictate future success. Look at us in the golden years of Spurrier.

Having said that, I'm not down on this class. There's a lot to like about it. I particularly like how we've addressed our need in the trenches. But every single recent study shows that if we truly want to compete on the national level, our classes have to finish higher than where we are.

How about Arkansas? Tennessee has been a dumpster fire for more than a decade. Prior to this year, Florida has had one competitive year since the end of the Meyer era. That's an entire lifetime for today's recruits. Most of them don't remember those schools as the juggernauts they once were. A&M hasn't been anything special since Manziel was there. And before that, they hadn't been anything special at all for years. And in that time, Baylor -- not exactly storied the most storied of programs -- manged to become a major player on the national stage, complete with a Heisman trophy winner. If not for the sexual assault scandal, they could still be tearing it up.

Suffice to say, history does not dictate future success. Look at us in the golden years of Spurrier.

Having said that, I'm not down on this class. There's a lot to like about it. I particularly like how we've addressed our need in the trenches. But every single recent study shows that if we truly want to compete on the national level, our classes have to finish higher than where we are.

Pardon me if I'm incorrect, but I don't think Spurrier got any top 5 classes. If so, it was only one. In retrospect, some of his classes really panned out better than they were on signing day. I have a feeling this one will be one of those. You don't realistically go from

Pardon me if I'm incorrect, but I don't think Spurrier got any top 5 classes. If so, it was only one. In retrospect, some of his classes really panned out better than they were on signing day. I have a feeling this one will be one of those. You don't realistically go from
Yeah, he had one that was rated 5th or 6th. But he also had the coaching ability that allowed him to get the most out those classes that were ranked lower. I haven't seen that yet from Muschamp.

Yeah, he had one that was rated 5th or 6th. But he also had the coaching ability that allowed him to get the most out those classes that were ranked lower. I haven't seen that yet from Muschamp.
Agree with that. One thing I'd really like to see is Brad Lawing rehired as DL coach or at least in an analyst role. As for the Spurrier staff development, it trailed off badly in the last three years he was here.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT