ADVERTISEMENT

When Do We Get Rid of Franks' BOY ????

I think the length of tenure matters if the argument is we continually fire coaches. We actually keep them around longer than normal.

I also think it's fair to say that some coaches have done better than others here. Even if it's not playing for titles, some coaches have done better. It's not unreasonable to look for one of those coaches again.
To be fair, the only coach that has had real success was Spurrier. He had an unusual amount of SC high school talent that all came out about the same time and he was lucky enough to snag them all, but as we all saw, that wasn't sustainable.

Stock answered this very well. I would only add one point. If all these other factors are stacked against us, is that reason to ignore coaching as a factor? Imo, that's just adding another factor against us.
We have had the best of the best when it comes to coaching and nothing has changed. Time to stop blaming coaches and continuing to try and make some magical hire every 4 to 5 years. That has proven not to work!

Reactions: DeeDave
When this is what you're resorting to to try to defend the coach it should be obvious it's time for a change at the HC position.

There are plenty of better coaches that would take the job.

Watson - You've written the same lame one liners for years.

You're long on criticism and short on substance.

Let's do this again this season and see if you can come up with anything this time.

Explain to us all WHY Beamer is a poor coach as of today and why he should be switched out with another big bailout and new coach search.

So your argument is that Beamer has done such a bad job that not a single decent coach would come to Carolina?

Just crazy talk.
you are terrible at this- so bad you have to post outright lies about what someone said...

1) I didn't argue anything about Beamer at all.

2) I've given you chances and you've blown them each time to name another coach that wants to come here that would do better. I ask you to provide specific evidence that they would do better, not your opinion which is worthless and isn't evidence.

3) You've failed multiple times

Reactions: Robhawk29
I suppose this depends on what you consider "fixing" gamecock football.

I don't think anyone believes we are going to hire a "magical" coach that is going to suddenly make us title contenders. But consistently bowl eligible? Is that really such a lofty goal as to be unattainable?

We all get the changing landscape of college football. Some just believe that coaching is one component of a successful program, ignored at our peril.

As for continuing to fire coaches, we keep our coaches longer than the average tenure for college coaches across the nation. The "revolving door" idea is not accurate.

1) Secure Ample Funding to purchase talent, and more importantly, secure the talent you already have.
2) Allocate Resources According to Needs
3) Coach 'em up.

If you're falling way short at #1.....#2 and #3 don't mean much when you're operating in the SEC. In today's game, 4 or 5-stars care very little if it's Beamer or Chadwell in command. That was yesteryear.

They care about making as much money as possible in case college football is the final destination for their trade.

Beamer found a dynamic recipe in the second half of 2022 which could have easily translated to another 8-4/7-5 season in 2023.

Instead, 4 of his 5 top returners could not be retained because of financial reasons. That's not his fault.

To spite that, he's still two wins from the most ever after 3 seasons.

Lurker, please explain to us why Beamer should be let go today. We're looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Chadwell is a better coach. His resume is better than Beamer's. That's fact. Your opinion holds no value.

I disagree. I don't think his resume is better. That's the thing about opinions- that's all they are.

But opinions on who is better mean nothing- especially about coaches that aren't here and never will be.

Being a head coach at Coastal, Charleston Southern and Liberty means nothing at South Carolina. Especially given no one here running their mouths about Chadwell have a damn clue if he'd ever even take the job at South Carolina had it been offered.

Sparky Woods was a pretty dang good coach at App State. He wasn't worth a crap at South Carolina.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robhawk29
We have had the best of the best when it comes to coaching and nothing has changed. Time to stop blaming coaches and continuing to try and make some magical hire every 4 to 5 years. That has proven not to work!

These folks are the same people that have to put their hand on a hot stove multiple times to understand it's hot. It never ends with them. They never learn the lesson even after chance after chance to learn it.

I think you see what you want to see. I don't think his coaching or coach picks have been any worse than any other program. His recruiting has been really good compared to previous staffs. You might be to young to know, but there was a time when a 3 star recruit was a big deal around here. Getting a 4 star was rare and a 5 star unheard of.
No, I don't see what "I want to see". That would say I want us to lose. I who supposedly sees what I want to see, am on record as saying we will at least break even (4-4) in the SEC this year. That means at least a 7-5 record. I have been told I'm crazy to say we will have that record. I am also on record as saying that I think Beamer overachieved his first 2 seasons here. So, I try to be fair. Being fair does not mean just hand out praise. Sometimes, you have to be critical. Whether his coaching picks AND NON-coaching staff changes were wise, is a matter of opinion. But, it is mine. I went to my first Carolina football game 2 weeks before JFK was blown away. To quote Lou Holtz, when a fan told him he had season tickets since the 1950s and what he thought of that.... I've seen a lot of bad football. By the way, Will Muschamp had better ranked recruiting classes than Beamer has had.

Last edited:
Other than Watson and, I think, Southern Fried, I don't recall anyone else calling for Beamer to be fired on the spot. There could be others. But I don't t remember, just like I don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday.

Most of us try to be fair and call them as we see them. You may not agree with our eyesight but, that's life. We are a diverse, not homogeneous, society. The Carolina fan base reflects society.

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123
No, I don't see what "I want to see". That would say I want us to lose. I who supposedly sees what I want to see, am on record as saying we will at least break even (4-4) in the SEC this year. That means at least a 7-5 record. I have been told I'm crazy to say we will have that record. I am also on record as saying that I think Muschamp overachieved his first 2 seasons here. So, I try to be fair. Being fair does not mean just hand out praise. Sometimes, you have to be critical. Whether his coaching picks AND NON-coaching staff changes were wise, is a matter of opinion. But, it is mine. I went to my first Carolina football game 2 weeks before JFK was blown away. To quote Lou Holtz, when a fan told him he had season tickets since the 1950s and what he thought of that.... I've seen a lot of bad football. By the way, Will Muschamp had better ranked recruiting classes than Beamer has had.

You're once again comparing two different eras, Stock.

Muschamp and all of the others weren't having to purchase their best talent and watch them walk out the door at the end of the season.

Other than Watson and, I think, Southern Fried, I don't recall anyone else calling for Beamer to be fired on the spot. There could be others. But I don't t remember, just like I don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday.

Most of us try to be fair and call them as we see them. You may not agree with our eyesight but, that's life. We are a diverse, not homogeneous, society. The Carolina fan base reflects society.

Have you seen Lurker's greatest hits about Beamer? I posted a sample of that a few weeks back.

you are terrible at this- so bad you have to post outright lies about what someone said...

1) I didn't argue anything about Beamer at all.

2) I've given you chances and you've blown them each time to name another coach that wants to come here that would do better. I ask you to provide specific evidence that they would do better, not your opinion which is worthless and isn't evidence.

3) You've failed multiple times

Muschamp did a better job than Beamer.

You're the one that's terrible at this because your'e just going to always claim, "he wouldn't come here! we don't know he would do better!"

I've already given you someone that interviewed and would have done a better job than Beamer.

Muschamp and all of the others weren't having to purchase their best talent and watch them walk out the door at the end of the season.

Muschamp would have been much better in an Era being able to buy talent. He already recruited better than Beamer without money.

No, I don't see what "I want to see". That would say I want us to lose. I who supposedly sees what I want to see, am on record as saying we will at least break even (4-4) in the SEC this year. That means at least a 7-5 record. I have been told I'm crazy to say we will have that record. I am also on record as saying that I think Beamer overachieved his first 2 seasons here. So, I try to be fair. Being fair does not mean just hand out praise. Sometimes, you have to be critical. Whether his coaching picks AND NON-coaching staff changes were wise, is a matter of opinion. But, it is mine. I went to my first Carolina football game 2 weeks before JFK was blown away. To quote Lou Holtz, when a fan told him he had season tickets since the 1950s and what he thought of that.... I've seen a lot of bad football. By the way, Will Muschamp had better ranked recruiting classes than Beamer has had.
Meant to say Beamer overachieved his first 2 seasons here (Correction made).

I meant to say "Beamer", not Muschamp, overachieved his first 2 seasons here. Do not know how I put Muschamp in rather than Beamer. Age, I guess. Correction made.

I understand what you are saying re: Portal. But the Portal hits everybody. In fact, we finished 2nd in the Portal in the first year and 8th this past season. We have lost some players and gotten some players. So have the other teams. The thing the Portal does is to practically give you a chance to rebuild quickly.

I know you have pointed out Ole Miss and Missouri re: NIL. Yet look at the recruiting thus far this year. There is not a wide gap between us and them. And Ole Miss and Missouri aren't exactly killing it in recruiting compared to the other SEC teams. Neither are we, for that matter, obviously.

Anyone who says get rid of Beamer now is wrong. I have been on record as saying that he should be given into 2025. By the 5th season, you know whether your Head Coach is doing as well he could with the players he has.

Muschamp would have been much better in an Era being able to buy talent. He already recruited better than Beamer without money.

All rhetorical conjecture on your part because you've never liked Beamer on a personal level.

Let's do this again this season and see if you can come up with anything this time.

Explain to us all WHY Beamer is a poor coach as of today and why he should be switched out with another big bailout and new coach search.

I meant to say "Beamer", not Muschamp, overachieved his first 2 seasons here. Do not know how I put Muschamp in rather than Beamer. Age, I guess. Correction made.

I understand what you are saying re: Portal. But the Portal hits everybody. In fact, we finished 2nd in the Portal in the first year and 8th this past season. We have lost some players and gotten some players. So have the other teams. The thing the Portal does is to practically give you a chance to rebuild quickly.

I know you have pointed out Ole Miss and Missouri re: NIL. Yet look at the recruiting thus far this year. There is not a wide gap between us and them. And Ole Miss and Missouri aren't exactly killing it in recruiting compared to the other SEC teams. Neither are we, for that matter, obviously.

Anyone who says get rid of Beamer now is wrong. I have been on record as saying that he should be given into 2025. By the 5th season, you know whether your Head Coach is doing as well he could with the players he has.

Ole Miss and Missouri are killing it. Head over to Reddit and look at their purchases. They also aren't losing players off their team.

Check out the first comment of this post below after we lost our best offensive player for this season to a team we play this season. It's 100% accurate garnered plenty of attention.

Muschamp record after 3 seasons: overall 22-17 and SEC 12-12

Beamer 20-18 and 10-14

Muschamp has done better in his first 3 seasons than Beamer, according to the numbers.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Muschamp record after 3 seasons: overall 22-17 and SEC 12-12

Beamer 20-18 and 10-14

Muschamp has done better in his first 3 seasons than Beamer, according to the numbers.

Now tell us how many recruits Muschamp had to purchase and how many of his top players left at the end of the season because of their bank account.

Two different eras.

Why do you believe Beamer is a poor choice for a coach as of today?

Ole Miss and Missouri are killing it. Head over to Reddit and look at their purchases. They also aren't losing players off their team.

Check out the first comment of this post below after we lost our best offensive player for this season to a team we play this season. It's 100% accurate garnered plenty of attention.
I look over at On3's Transfer Portal rankings taking into account players coming in and players going out. We sit well. WE are in the Top 10 with Ole Miss 2 years ago. (Missouri is not). We are in the Top 10 this past season with both Ole Miss and Missouri.

I look over at On3's Transfer Portal rankings taking into account players coming in and players going out. We sit well. WE are in the Top 10 with Ole Miss 2 years ago. (Missouri is not). We are in the Top 10 this past season with both Ole Miss and Missouri.

It's not even close to accurate on any level. Again, head over to Reddit and look at the players these teams are picking up. Missouri recently bought a 5 star QB which included a car signing bonus.

They also purchased a couple of 4-stars from California -- because California guys are dying to be landlocked in Missouri for their college career. :)

Now tell us how many recruits Muschamp had to purchase and how many of his top players left at the end of the season because of their bank account.

Two different eras.

Why do you believe Beamer is a poor choice for a coach as of today?
How many of the players did the teams Muschamp went up against got to get players through the Portal or lost players through the Portal. The rules were the same for our opponents back then. And the rules are the same for our opponents today. The fact is that Muschamp did better.

I have said multiple times here on this site that I want to give Beamer more time. I'm not willing to say up or down on him yet. I have an open mind on him.

It's not even close to accurate on any level. Again, head over to Reddit and look at the players these teams are picking up. Missouri recently bought a 5 star QB which included a car signing bonus.

They also purchased a couple of 4-stars from California -- because California guys are dying to be landlocked in Missouri for their college career. :)
So On3 is inaccurate but Reddit is not. Hmmm. OK

All rhetorical conjecture on your part because you've never liked Beamer on a personal level.

Explain to us all WHY Beamer is a poor coach
He just went 5-7 with the greatest QB in gamecock history.

as of today and why he should be switched out with another big bailout and new coach search.

You guys were the idiots who wanted to give him a big extension and buyout. Might be time to say I was right to argue he didn't deserve one.

How many of the players did the teams Muschamp went up against got to get players through the Portal or lost players through the Portal. The rules were the same for our opponents back then. And the rules are the same for our opponents today. The fact is that Muschamp did better.

I have said multiple times here on this site that I want to give Beamer more time. I'm not willing to say up or down on him yet. I have an open mind on him.

How many top players did Muschamp lose during his tenure -- much less have his 4 top guys walk on him at the end of a season?

So On3 is inaccurate but Reddit is not. Hmmm. OK

It's well known there is no accurate way to measure the NIL and portal acquisitions and departures as of today.

All you can do is recognize what schools are paying big bucks for new recruits and to purchase top players from other teams.

Ole Miss and Missouri are the biggest NIL winners in the SEC right now. It's not a secret. They crow about it.

It's well known there is no accurate way to measure the NIL and portal acquisitions and departures as of today.

All you can do is recognize what schools are paying big bucks for new recruits and to purchase top players from other teams.

Ole Miss and Missouri are the biggest NIL winners in the SEC right now. It's not a secret. They crow about it.
They can crow about it. But the rankings say they are underachieving compared to the money they have.

You're not making sense and quickly falling into the Watson/Lurker category of foolishness.
Read what I'm saying. The rules that Muschamp had to live by back then, applied to our opponents as well back then. The rules that Beamer has to live by, apply to our opponents today as well.

How many top players did Muschamp lose during his tenure -- much less have his 4 top guys walk on him at the end of a season?

Crazy you're not asking yourself why the 4 top players no longer wanted to play for Beamer.

Read what I'm saying. The rules that Muschamp had to live by back then, applied to our opponents as well back then. The rules that Beamer has to live by, apply to our opponents today as well.

Stock - The reason why the portal is such a big deal in this new era is because you can buy players. So now players bounce in and out of schools chasing the dollar. That wasn't the case during Muschamp. Comeon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT