ADVERTISEMENT

When Do We Get Rid of Franks' BOY ????

Not all coaches are quitting. Saban retired. That's ONE out of 130. That's less than ONE PERCENT. There is no truckload number of coaches quitting because of NIL. You are ignoring that fact.

Again, all schools have NEVER been equal and never will be even if all schools had the same amount of NIL monies.

Many reported in the $5-$10mi range.

What does this have to do with anything? You and I both agreed Spurrier would walk if his best were walking.
Because is there a mass exodus of football coaches due to NIL? No, of course not. Spurrier always made no secret of his detest for recruiting. So I could see why he would quit if he was losing players one year after he recruited them.

As I said, football programs have never been equal whether it be facilities, conference affiliation, tradition, etc. Successful coaches adjust.

We've pretty much had one single coach who did this. He made a spectacle of the fact everyone on this planet believed you couldn't win at SC in the SEC. It was embarrassing in the beginning. He had clout and this was his pitch to the national media and recruits. He also had a very weak SEC East to feast on. He made some waves - especially for a 3-year stretch (after 5 seasons of relative mediocrity) in a 10 year career. We still didn't win the SEC Championship but made it to the party.

That guy is now saying if he coached today he would start by finding as many donors as humanly possible. What does that tell you?

Whether a team has 2x or 20x the amount of money to spend as we do, it's an exponential issue. This imbalance continues year after year reshaping the balance of competition.

How do you know we're trailing in NIL funding - Many of our best players are bolting at year's end. Hello!!!! We're not losing unmarketable OLs who suddenly want to go to Bend, Oregon after living in Columbia their entire existence.

And as Will Muschamp has stated, games are typically decided by 6 or 7 plays and by 1 or 2 players. If you're paper thin like us, you can't afford this lose your top talent to the NIL (or injury) on any regular basis. It's just that simple. As stated previously, we probably win several more game last season if the mass exodus doesn't occur and Watson is on an IV drip.

Anyhow, this has been beaten into the ground. If you guys come up with your phantom coach and the AD agrees to sign them and he is able to overcome the fact his resources/talent are limited and other big schools don't steal him because of his success to spite those limitations -- I'll lie on the sword and apologize to each and every one of you with pure sincerity. Otherwise, this is useless gum flapping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robhawk29
We've pretty much had one single coach who did this. He made a spectacle of the fact everyone on this planet believed you couldn't win at SC in the SEC. It was embarrassing in the beginning. He had clout and this was his pitch to the national media and recruits. He also had a very weak SEC East to feast on. He made some waves - especially for a 3-year stretch (after 5 seasons of relative mediocrity) in a 10 year career. We still didn't win the SEC Championship but made it to the party.

That guy is now saying if he coached today he would start by finding as many donors as humanly possible. What does that tell you?

Whether a team has 2x or 20x the amount of money to spend as we do, it's an exponential issue. This imbalance continues year after year reshaping the balance of competition.

How do you know we're trailing in NIL funding - Many of our best players are bolting at year's end. Hello!!!! We're not losing unmarketable OLs who suddenly want to go to Bend, Oregon after living in Columbia their entire existence.

And as Will Muschamp has stated, games are typically decided by 6 or 7 plays and by 1 or 2 players. If you're paper thin like us, you can't afford this lose your top talent to the NIL (or injury) on any regular basis. It's just that simple. As stated previously, we probably win several more game last season if the mass exodus doesn't occur and Watson is on an IV drip.

Anyhow, this has been beaten into the ground. If you guys come up with your phantom coach and the AD agrees to sign them and he is able to overcome the fact his resources/talent are limited and other big schools don't steal him because of his success to spite those limitations -- I'll lie on the sword and apologize to each and every one of you with pure sincerity. Otherwise, this is useless gum flapping.
And again I'm saying we have always had disadvantages when it comes to recruiting, that I mentioned in my previous comment. Spurrier still averaged only a number 8 SEC recruiting class over his time here. We always will, NIL or no NIL, be at a recruiting disadvantage. Was Clemson weak when he beat them 5 times in a row? They had a couple of Top 10 teams and a couple of Top 25 teams in that stretch. Around that time, UGA had a Top 10 team and a Top 25 team. Florida had a couple of Top 10 teams. I don't think any of those 3 were always weak back then.

In all likelihood , we will never be NIL-rich. Maybe Florida will be. We won't. That's unfortunate. But, it's probably reality.

I'm sure lots of teams we played wish they did not have an exodus of players. Teams lose players and gain players through the Portal.

The bottom-line is we are always going to be limited in resources. Our facilities will always be behind some of our opponents. That's not going to change just because we want it to. Therefore, It's up to each USC coach in EVERY sport to adjust. They have to make the most of what they have to work with. Some coaches are better at that than others. Not everyone is equal in talent in any occupation. That's a fact of life. The alternative is to give Beamer a lifetime contract right now. As for me, I have said from the get-go to give Beamer a chance to go into his 5th season, unless he unexpectedly really soils his bed this coming season.

Last edited:
And again I'm saying we have always had disadvantages when it comes to recruiting, that I mentioned in my previous comment. Spurrier still averaged only a number 8 SEC recruiting class over his time here. We always will, NIL or no NIL, be at a recruiting disadvantage. Was Clemson weak when he beat them 5 times in a row? They had a couple of Top 10 teams and a couple of Top 25 teams in that stretch. Around that time, UGA had a Top 10 team and a Top 25 team. Florida had a couple of Top 10 teams. I don't think any of those 3 were always weak back then.

In all likelihood , we will never be NIL-rich. Maybe Florida will be. We won't. That's unfortunate. But, it's probably reality.

I'm sure lots of teams we played wish they did not have an exodus of players. Teams lose players and gain players through the Portal.

The bottom-line is we are always going to be limited in resources. Our facilities will always be behind some of our opponents. That's not going to change just because we want it to. Therefore, It's up to each USC coach in EVERY sport to adjust. They have to make the most of what they have to work with. Some coaches are better at that than others. Not everyone is equal in talent in any occupation. That's a fact of life.

Outside of the basement dwellers, please cite any SEC team who has lost their best talent for two years in a row -- much less one year. They don't exist.

The AD is not going to spend $15mil to switch out coaches like a pair of shoes though with the glimmer of hope that one might work better than a coach who is among our best ever after 3 seasons. Instead, they are going to ride out their choice until they simply can't anymore because of media and fan attention. That's not this season unless it's 4 wins or less (maybe 3 wins). If you're excited about that notion, wait and see what happens first.

Reactions: turncock

The bottom-line is we are always going to be limited in resources. Our facilities will always be behind some of our opponents. That's not going to change just because we want it to. Therefore, It's up to each USC coach in EVERY sport to adjust. They have to make the most of what they have to work with. Some coaches are better at that than others. Not everyone is equal in talent in any occupation. That's a fact of life. The alternative is to give Beamer a lifetime contract right now. As for me, I have said from the get-go to give Beamer a chance to go into his 5th season, unless he unexpectedly really soils his bed this coming season.
You keep saying USC coaches have to adjust.....that sounds ignorant. How do you adjust to something you can't control? No coach has won big here and never will! A few good seasons every now and then will happen, but that is the best USC can hope for and everybody knows it whether you want to believe it or not.

You keep saying USC coaches have to adjust.....that sounds ignorant. How do you adjust to something you can't control? No coach has won big here and never will! A few good seasons every now and then will happen, but that is the best USC can hope for and everybody knows it whether you want to believe it or not.

I don't think stock is talking about "winning big". But, I shouldn't put words in his mouth.

I think we all agree we're not knocking of the door of becoming champions. We need to stop arguing that point. No one e is refuting it.

I think the disconnect is what level of expectations people have beyond that. For me, bow eligibility is not a thing we should settle on occasionally, or even half the time.

Edit: As for adapting, I think k the example of adopting the run and shoot was given as an example earlier. Something aggressive that may get us a game or two more than simply being lile the rest of the teams around us.

Reactions: gamecock stock
That's not this season unless it's 4 wins or less (maybe 3 wins). If you're excited about that notion, wait and see what happens first.
Either I am misunderstanding you or you are misunderstanding me, because I think we are saying the same thing. Common ground!!!

I don't think stock is talking about "winning big". But, I shouldn't put words in his mouth.

I think we all agree we're not knocking of the door of becoming champions. We need to stop arguing that point. No one e is refuting it.

I think the disconnect is what level of expectations people have beyond that. For me, bow eligibility is not a thing we should settle on occasionally, or even half the time.

Edit: As for adapting, I think k the example of adopting the run and shoot was given as an example earlier. Something aggressive that may get us a game or two more than simply being lile the rest of the teams around us.
Bowl eligibility should not be a difficult goal to achieve annually. No one is talking about winning the SEC.

Reactions: Lurker123
Where did I say winning big? We have never won the SEC. We have a ceiling. The best we have ever done is finish in the Top 10. "Adjust" means getting the most out of the talent on hand or at least not underachieving (as we did last year). That you can control. I hope you understand that. If not, I'll try again.

Last edited:
The bottom line is that we will know whether Beamer is the right guy by the end of 2025. I am on record on this site saying that before today. Only 2, maybe 3 posters here are real sour on Beamer at this time...Watson, Southern Fried and Bassslayer. There may be others but, I don't recall. The rest of us want to see more evidence. I'm too old to want to change coaches just for the sake of changing. Only change if it's obvious. Time will tell.

Last edited:
The bottom line is that we will know whether Beamer is the right guy by the end of 2025.

We will know for sure whether Beamer is the right guy after this season. The question is will we fire him in December or will we waste another full season in 2025 before firing him halfway through 2025?

We will know for sure whether Beamer is the right guy after this season. The question is will we fire him in December or will we waste another full season in 2025 before firing him halfway through 2025?
So what's your happy Watson win total for 2024? One that you feel Beamer is the right guy and making progress? Or do you feel no matter how well his teams preform he will never be the right guy?

Reactions: Ward Jr
He needs to go 4-4 in conference to deserve a 5th year.

So he needs to keep pace with Spurrier in 4 year to retain his job?

Let's walk through your breathtaking delusion together.

In 2008, Spurrer did not beat a ranked team in the SEC in three attempts.

Three of the four teams he did defeat -- UK, UT and ARK -- were all mediocre teams who had losing records in the conference.

Spurrier also wasn't having to buy and retain talent with a small fraction of funds that his SEC foes had.

And he didn't have his top players walking at the end of season.

This year, we play four ranked teams in the Top #12, and seven in the Top #20.

Can you walk us through where you believe those four SEC wins should come from?

Can you also explain why you're holding Beamer to a higher standard than our best coach in history?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Three of the four teams he did defeat -- UK, UT and ARK -- were all mediocre teams who had losing records in the conference.

Spurrier also wasn't having to buy and retain talent with a small fraction of funds that his SEC foes had.

Can you also explain why you're holding Beamer to a higher standard than our best coach in history?

Thank you.

All you're saying is that Beamer can't get the job done.

Thank you.
We knew who Spurrier was. Shane is not Spurrier. Shane is not even Frank. Talk about breathtaking delusion.

Reactions: uscwatson21
OK. My question is: What's the solution? The answer from some here is going to be triple the amount of money going into NIL. Fine. Then someone needs to get moving and get those funds in. I don't know whose responsibility that is. But I suspect that won't happen.....that this is as good as it gets re: NIL money. So, if there's not a large infusion of NIL money, should we just accept that this is our lot in football life?

(NOTE: I'm pulling hard for Beamer)

OK. My question is: What's the solution? The answer from some here is going to be triple the amount of money going into NIL. Fine. Then someone needs to get moving and get those funds in. I don't know whose responsibility that is. But I suspect that won't happen.....that this is as good as it gets re: NIL money. So, if there's not a large infusion of NIL money, should we just accept that this is our lot in football life?

(NOTE: I'm pulling hard for Beamer)

The question is: Based on our history, what is broken as of today? Beamer is dealing with a new system and under funding which is costing him top talent -- yet he is two wins from the best ever.

Maybe just sit back, relax, see what actual reality brings and go from there?

It's the best option unless you want to suck in blue light all day and analyze/complain about something that isn't broken as of today and is also out of your control. (NIL)

The question is: Based on our history, what is broken as of today? Beamer is dealing with a new system and under funding which is costing him top talent -- yet he is two wins from the best ever.

It's the best option unless you want to suck in blue light all day and analyze/complain about something that isn't broken as of today and is also out of your control. (NIL)
I'm not sure anything is broken. As I have said multiple times, I think Beamer overachieved his first 2 years here. That being said, some on here have said Beamer is handicapped by the current system. Therefore for YOU:

What, under this system, is success in football for SC?

Reactions: Robhawk29

The best ever 3 year record is Muschamp. Maybe it’s time to be honest and admit that metric doesn’t actually reflect long term success.

Its more a product of how the last coach left the team.

Run and shoot is great when it works but we never have that level of talent to run it consistently. You better have a good defense too because the three and outs are plentiful!
Where did I say winning big? We have never won the SEC. We have a ceiling. The best we have ever done is finish in the Top 10. "Adjust" means getting the most out of the talent on hand or at least not underachieving (as we did last year). That you can control. I hope you understand that. If not, I'll try again.
This just shows a lack of sports knowledge! Beamer lost his O-line last year, best receiver and played with a defense that was giving up almost 30 points a game. Hell, I think he did a great job with what he had! He gave UGA all they wanted through 3 quarters, gave one away against Florida and gave Clemson all they wanted. Things were not as bad as some of you try and portray given the problems he was dealing with and trying to mask.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
I'm not sure anything is broken. As I have said multiple times, I think Beamer overachieved his first 2 years here. That being said, some on here have said Beamer is handicapped by the current system. Therefore for YOU:

What, under this system, is success in football for SC?
Why does it have to be that Beamer overachieved? Why can't you just say he did a great coaching job? Without Beamer, there would have never been a Spencer Rattler and I can only imagine how bad it would have been in season 2 and 3.

Run and shoot is great when it works but we never have that level of talent to run it consistently. You better have a good defense too because the three and outs are plentiful!

This just shows a lack of sports knowledge! Beamer lost his O-line last year, best receiver and played with a defense that was giving up almost 30 points a game. Hell, I think he did a great job with what he had! He gave UGA all they wanted through 3 quarters, gave one away against Florida and gave Clemson all they wanted. Things were not as bad as some of you try and portray given the problems he was dealing with and trying to mask.

You had zero reason to think the offensive line was going to be better last year prior to the injuries.

And this was the worst Clemson team we’ve played in more than a decade and we didn’t even challenge them.

Why does it have to be that Beamer overachieved? Why can't you just say he did a great coaching job? Without Beamer, there would have never been a Spencer Rattler and I can only imagine how bad it would have been in season 2 and 3.
OMG, you are a troll. You are an idiot and the most stupid person on this site. You are the only person I will have on "Ignore" on this site. Congratulations. You are not worth my time. Go back to your basement and continue playing with your "junk" little boy. Goodbye. SMH

Last edited:
Reactions: uscwatson21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT