ADVERTISEMENT

When does that stupid poster come down?

That poster is seriously one of the most hideous facility sights in the entire country. Regardless of whether the majority fully supports SOS, no one can truly get behind keeping that cheap a$$ thing.

Don't like the poster and cant disagree with the coaches you named that should be on the very hot, hot seat.

However, we all know SOS Jr. aint going nowhere. Problem with nepotism.

Reactions: gamecock ed
The golden calf fathead should never have been allowed by Coach Tanner. Or Coach Spurrier.

A poster with the university or AD logo would be acceptable as long as it is of high quality. Those large columns supporting the West Upper Deck are great spots for hanging those types of banners, but the SOS banner, certainly as a permanent thing, is not complementary to all the wonderful enhancements that have been added to the stadium plaza and the general area. It needs to come down now - we all got the message of the greatness of the HBC - and that spot left vacant or replaced with an attractive all-university banner. JMO.

Reactions: gamecock ed
Don't like the poster and cant disagree with the coaches you named that should be on the very hot, hot seat.

However, we all know SOS Jr. aint going nowhere. Problem with nepotism.

In the past I would have probably agreed with you entirely in that statement.....However that fire is getting pretty warm now....

He might stay (jr) but he can't stay as the RC........

I know Ray is a smart guy and he knows he still has problems with the baseball team.....he isn't going to have two wildfires going at the same time.....this one gets solved at or near the end of this season.....

Last edited:
Postor will not come down until Spurrier leaves. It would considered an insult. I myself have never lIke it ethier.

I agree, but we have an excellent Law School, fine Journalism School and an outstanding Business School. We ought to be able to come up with an acceptable (to SOS) reason/excuse to bring it down and replace it with a more generic themed banner.;)

What stupid poster? The OP?

imagesCAMAFIEW_zpsb3626318.jpg

"I know Ray is a smart guy and he knows he still has problems with the baseball team..."

Actually, I'm not sure he is and that he does. He hasn't shown me much of anything yet as an AD, other than re-upping Dawn Staley.

Postor will not come down until Spurrier leaves. It would considered an insult. I myself have never lIke it ethier.
Please change your name from "uscgrad1991"...no USC grad has that much trouble forming a complete sentence or spelling correctly. You can't be serious!

Does any other program have a huge poster of a coach hanging in their stadium? Sort of gives a "cult of personality" feel to the stadium, like something from North Korea.

I've seen statues of coaches outside stadiums, usually long time "legendary" or championship coaches. I can't ever recall seeing a huge poster of a coach, especially a current coach, in a stadium.

Stupid idea to put the poster up. When the HBC leaves here, he'll never mention Carolina, only speak of Florida unless he's cutting us. Holtz only speaks of ND

"I know Ray is a smart guy and he knows he still has problems with the baseball team..."

Actually, I'm not sure he is and that he does. He hasn't shown me much of anything yet as an AD, other than re-upping Dawn Staley.
Just what exactly is it that you think you should have seen at this point?

Just what exactly is it that you think you should have seen at this point?
I think he probably means, staying one of the best teams in the SEC and not getting steadily worse each year so that we are near the bottom of the league.

I think he probably means, staying one of the best teams in the SEC and not getting steadily worse each year so that we are near the bottom of the league.

And what would you have him do? Fire a HOF coach because things aren't going great?

You do remember that less than 2 years ago and for 2 years before that we won 11 games so SOMEONE knew WTH they were doing!

Last year was bad and I, along with most others, expected some changes as it was apparent we were missing with regards to talent.

Personally I thought the entire staff on D should have been re-assigned and/or just let go...

Jr should no longer have been in charge of recruiting and Elliott needed to show something quickly or been told to look elsewhere if not. I personally think he has reached his limit with regard to coaching ability but i'm not the AD

Our D was terrible for many reasons but the most obvious was lack of talent and inexperienced and/or inept coaching......

The mere fact that we have a lack of talent means someone (the guy in charge JR) was not properly overseeing recruiting.....

Geez red flags should have gone up someplace when a guy gets 11 players to commit and 1 makes it into school.......A recruiting genius Ward is NOT nor apparently is Jr in overseeing those efforts....

I personally like JR and I am sure its hard to be the son of SOS with respect to also coaching for him but thats his choice and not mine. He hasn't gotten the job done and the job should be someone elses.

Should we have gotten Muschamp if he wanted to come here? Yes! But he or we didn't want the other and we didn't /couldn't make it happen....I can live with that!

What I can't live with is they fact that a guy like Brad Lawing is let go, makes it known he would like to be back here, and we don't do what we need to do to get him is simply beyond belief. That is poor management on someone's part and poor management is getting old pretty darn quickly with me.....

We needed his coaching talent and his recruiting ability and we passed....Heck we didn't just pass we IGNORED him.....

Spurrier has done way more good than bad here but some of this stuff is getting old....

In the end its a simple as this...it takes money to do things big....Our donors have ponied up and ponied up huge to improve Carolina athletics.....

Do I expect 11 win seasons every year? NO.....Do I expect to have 7 win seasons and not see major efforts taking place to correct what we need to in order to be competitive? YES.....This is just common sense and yet I see none of those kind of efforts to correct the situation.

The only thing that has changed since the end of last season is Hoke was brought in and even then is called a CO-coordinator to a guy that, im sorry, doesn't have a clue....

Why not just come out and tell the guy we will pay you what we owe you and let you go and get the new guy some help that actually knows what they are doing?

It darn sure isn't for lack of money so I put that on SOS........

One thing I have figured out over the last year and a half....Ellis Johnson was doing way more here than we thought he was doing.....While I don't like the way he left it may well be time to bring him back and put him back in charge of recruiting and make him the Asst HC again....

3 games into this season and the HBC finally says there will be some changes......? WTH there should have been changes after last season....Even the most reasonable didn't expect us to have 11 wins this year but getting beat by Kentucky in your own house is not acceptable.

Getting blown out by UGA is not acceptable.....

I'm sorry but throwing out Nunez to try to appease me and most of the fan base as the go to guy for the future simply isn't enough.....

Its time to either get in 100% and make the changes that need to be made to get the talent and coaches we need to be successful or its time to hit the links and let us move on.....

With regards to Ray I can appreciate his position.....He has a HOF coach that has a lot of influence. He can't just ride in and tell him to do this, that or the other no matter what some think.... It just doesn't work that way.

Reactions: joedcock
A poster with the university or AD logo would be acceptable as long as it is of high quality. Those large columns supporting the West Upper Deck are great spots for hanging those types of banners, but the SOS banner, certainly as a permanent thing, is not complementary to all the wonderful enhancements that have been added to the stadium plaza and the general area. It needs to come down now - we all got the message of the greatness of the HBC - and that spot left vacant or replaced with an attractive all-university banner. JMO.

roger 67
but what poster are yall talking about?

edit
guess I understand after reading all the posts but isn't that a mural and not a poster....at least not a poster as we define a poster. If a mural please paint it over with and ad for the Shriners Hospital or Ovarian Cancer research...if a poster, put an ad up there for a web gambling site...since we need money so badly

Last edited:
Stupid idea to put the poster up. When the HBC leaves here, he'll never mention Carolina, only speak of Florida unless he's cutting us. Holtz only speaks of ND

That's not even remotely true. Holtz used to favor us so much on his ESPN studio show with May and Davis that it bordered on cartoonish homerism. I loved it, mind you, but he did.

And what would you have him do? Fire a HOF coach because things aren't going great?

You do remember that less than 2 years ago and for 2 years before that we won 11 games so SOMEONE knew WTH they were doing!

Last year was bad and I, along with most others, expected some changes as it was apparent we were missing with regards to talent.

Personally I thought the entire staff on D should have been re-assigned and/or just let go...

Jr should no longer have been in charge of recruiting and Elliott needed to show something quickly or been told to look elsewhere if not. I personally think he has reached his limit with regard to coaching ability but i'm not the AD

Our D was terrible for many reasons but the most obvious was lack of talent and inexperienced and/or inept coaching......

The mere fact that we have a lack of talent means someone (the guy in charge JR) was not properly overseeing recruiting.....

Geez red flags should have gone up someplace when a guy gets 11 players to commit and 1 makes it into school.......A recruiting genius Ward is NOT nor apparently is Jr in overseeing those efforts....

I personally like JR and I am sure its hard to be the son of SOS with respect to also coaching for him but thats his choice and not mine. He hasn't gotten the job done and the job should be someone elses.

Should we have gotten Muschamp if he wanted to come here? Yes! But he or we didn't want the other and we didn't /couldn't make it happen....I can live with that!

What I can't live with is they fact that a guy like Brad Lawing is let go, makes it known he would like to be back here, and we don't do what we need to do to get him is simply beyond belief. That is poor management on someone's part and poor management is getting old pretty darn quickly with me.....

We needed his coaching talent and his recruiting ability and we passed....Heck we didn't just pass we IGNORED him.....

Spurrier has done way more good than bad here but some of this stuff is getting old....

In the end its a simple as this...it takes money to do things big....Our donors have ponied up and ponied up huge to improve Carolina athletics.....

Do I expect 11 win seasons every year? NO.....Do I expect to have 7 win seasons and not see major efforts taking place to correct what we need to in order to be competitive? YES.....This is just common sense and yet I see none of those kind of efforts to correct the situation.

The only thing that has changed since the end of last season is Hoke was brought in and even then is called a CO-coordinator to a guy that, im sorry, doesn't have a clue....

Why not just come out and tell the guy we will pay you what we owe you and let you go and get the new guy some help that actually knows what they are doing?

It darn sure isn't for lack of money so I put that on SOS........

One thing I have figured out over the last year and a half....Ellis Johnson was doing way more here than we thought he was doing.....While I don't like the way he left it may well be time to bring him back and put him back in charge of recruiting and make him the Asst HC again....

3 games into this season and the HBC finally says there will be some changes......? WTH there should have been changes after last season....Even the most reasonable didn't expect us to have 11 wins this year but getting beat by Kentucky in your own house is not acceptable.

Getting blown out by UGA is not acceptable.....

I'm sorry but throwing out Nunez to try to appease me and most of the fan base as the go to guy for the future simply isn't enough.....

Its time to either get in 100% and make the changes that need to be made to get the talent and coaches we need to be successful or its time to hit the links and let us move on.....

With regards to Ray I can appreciate his position.....He has a HOF coach that has a lot of influence. He can't just ride in and tell him to do this, that or the other no matter what some think.... It just doesn't work that way.
What would I do? Would I fired him if I was AD? If he didn't resign after this year you are absolutely right I would fire him. Why? Because I have the heuvos to actually do it unlike a lot of you all. Because I don't I don't give a rat's behind about his HOF career or what he has done in the past. Because the only thing I care about is WINNING asap. Because putting winning first is the ALWAYS the right thing to do when you are an Athletic Director, because that is your job. Because Spurrier's Legacy that you are so impressed with has been completely warn out and has not value in the sport to today. Because, Yes, two years ago we won 11 games and YES he did LOSE IT JUST THAT FAST. He lost his good players and they aren't coming back. Because this cluster is F'ed up to fix and we need to just start over with a clean slate. Yes, I'd fire him if I had to but I don't think I would have to.

What would I do? Would I fired him if I was AD? If he didn't resign after this year you are absolutely right I would fire him. Why? Because I have the heuvos to actually do it unlike a lot of you all. Because I don't I don't give a rat's behind about his HOF career or what he has done in the past. Because the only thing I care about is WINNING asap. Because putting winning first is the ALWAYS the right thing to do when you are an Athletic Director, because that is your job. Because Spurrier's Legacy that you are so impressed with has been completely warn out and has not value in the sport to today. Because, Yes, two years ago we won 11 games and YES he did LOSE IT JUST THAT FAST. He lost his good players and they aren't coming back. Because this cluster is F'ed up to fix and we need to just start over with a clean slate. Yes, I'd fire him if I had to but I don't think I would have to.
Like your style!!! Got my vote for AD

Wellll . . . . actually . . . . you're damn right, particularly relating to the WINNING thing. So many so-called fans appear to forget that ALL fans, everywhere, recognize and respect winning first and foremost.

This is terrible but I agree with it. I hope SS can see the writing on the wall.

Wellll . . . . actually . . . . you're damn right, particularly relating to the WINNING thing. So many so-called fans appear to forget that ALL fans, everywhere, recognize and respect winning first and foremost.
Yet, some fans will get hypnotized by a coach because he did great things in the past the don't seem to notice that he has a become a worn out 70 year old man that is VERY different from the coach that he was and only still exists in their minds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT