ADVERTISEMENT

Which Fictional Coach Could Fix Us?

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
Right now I’m thinking Bud Kilmer from Varsity Blues. He’d do anything to win...and maybe we need that mentality!

Wouldn’t have needed the injury excuses this season. Those guys would’ve played!

Coach Sam Winters, from the Program

Already experienced in coaching in Williams Brice

coach-joe-kane-the-program.jpg

We would have a lot less injuries, and players would miss less games, everyone would be "hurt" not "injured"

He just wants to ring the championship bell

And we could really use the orginal waterboy at LB, Alvin Mack, he would bring him along

Already experienced preparing for SEC Teams, more on Mack and Winters, preparing

And he had a steriod player, Lattimer, who was actually based on Tommy Chakin per the writers, when he bashed his head into a car window that was from the SI article

Also according to some footage I saw he recruited his star QB from Columbia, his star QB seemed to live near the Olympia Mill, so he is familiar with recruiting Columbia as well

Last edited:
Coach Sam Winters, from the Program

Already experienced in coaching in Williams Brice

coach-joe-kane-the-program.jpg

We would have a lot less injuries, and players would miss less games

He just wants to ring the championship bell

And we could really use the orginal waterboy at LB, Alvin Mack, he would bring him along

Already experienced preparing for SEC Teams, more on Mack and Winters, preparing

His son Tweeder played for Kilmer at West Canaan. Great choice. “He just wants to ring that championship bell.” RollLaugh What an awesome post!

25331178.jpg

Ed "Straight Arrow" Gennero. He took a team coming off the Death Penalty, pieced together a roster comprised of a 38-year old QB, a lineman who was a college professor, a female soccer player, and various other tidbits to overcome a 9 game losing streak to start the season, and finish with a tie and then a win against the #1 team in the country. Just imagine what this guy could do if given 3-5 years to recruit actual scholarship players. Plus, he clearly understands the importance of a quality QB in the college game.

The Lance and Wendell issues aside, all that guy wanted to do was run the ball to control the clock without that loudmouth whiny Moxon airing it all over the field.

Yep and take football seriously and not go to a strip club the night before and get wasted, I only ever saw him punch a water cooler, what is wrong with that

Yes he caught some flack for being raciest and not running the ball into the end zone, but seemed like he was just employing play action effectively in the red zone.

mfq7N5.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackMagik
celebrity-closeup-portrait-of-actor-nick-nolte-as-western-head-coach-picture-id682027594

Pete Bell, coach of the Western University Dolphins in Blue Chips. Get the right bag man and you can be a former insurance salesman and win football games. Surely a basketball coach could do it.

Reactions: Carolina4
25331178.jpg

Ed "Straight Arrow" Gennero. He took a team coming off the Death Penalty, pieced together a roster comprised of a 38-year old QB, a lineman who was a college professor, a female soccer player, and various other tidbits to overcome a 9 game losing streak to start the season, and finish with a tie and then a win against the #1 team in the country. Just imagine what this guy could do if given 3-5 years to recruit actual scholarship players. Plus, he clearly understands the importance of a quality QB in the college game.
I was going to do this or;
images

"He's wiry"

Reactions: idohvac2
Pete Bell, coach of the Western University Dolphins in Blue Chips. Get the right bag man and you can be a former insurance salesman and win football games. Surely a basketball coach could do it.

f515ec61b0e59e18085a9864d50f44d61191603002.jpeg

Now we are onto something. I’m fine if it isn’t a football coach. Winners find a way to win and Pete Bell is a great example of that. I’d throw The Minnesota Miracle Man in the mix now too. Gordon Bombay took a bad team (District 5) and turned them into a winner. They made him the coach of USA Hockey for the Junior Goodwill Games for goodness sakes. Hell, he got Wayne Gretzky, a Canadian, to visit and motivate Team USA. GENIUS! Sure, I’m worried about him banging players’ mothers, or dating professors...but THATS WHAT WINNERS DO!

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
The Lance and Wendell issues aside, all that guy wanted to do was run the ball to control the clock without that loudmouth whiny Moxon airing it all over the field.

Ding ding ding! Look, Moxon was a fine story. But he was a cancer! He and his dummy-o’s couldn’t even run a simple draw and all of a sudden they have secret formations. Oop-de-f&@$*ng-oop! Punk would read books on the sideline pretending to study the playbook. Then guess what happens??? Lance goes down and he doesn’t even know the signals to get the played call in the final seconds of a game. He’s fortunate Kilmer kept playing him despite him not sticking to the game plan. Even Mox’s dad wanted him to stick to the game plan. But as Kilmer often said...he has a bad attitude and doesn’t listen. Kid probably doesn’t even know the difference between a sneeze and a wet fart.

There’s a reason that statue still stands today...because Bud Kilmer is a hell of a coach. I’d love to see him work with Hilinski.

Last edited:
Craig T Nelson was a players coach (Hayden Fox) at Minnesota State and a hard nose no BS coach (Nickerson) at Ampipe HS in Pa & Cal Poly Tech. He’s the right man for the job

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT