ADVERTISEMENT

Who needs to be fired for this crap!!!!!!!

Reactions: gamecockfury
I get the feeling if we were to play, let’s say Maine, at home and never have any series or games out of conference against legit big time programs...the same fans complaining about this game would complain we never play any other top programs outside of the conference.

These are the games kids sign with Carolina to play in. Not a mid-week game against USC-Upstate.

I’d rather see the Clemson - SC series move to a home and home. But this game is perfectly fine in Charlotte, May help us recruiting that area, is in a great venue, and is against a quality opponent. Enjoy the spotlight.

Reactions: rogue cock
I get the feeling if we were to play, let’s say Maine, at home and never have any series or games out of conference against legit big time programs...the same fans complaining about this game would complain we never play any other top programs outside of the conference.

These are the games kids sign with Carolina to play in. Not a mid-week game against USC-Upstate.

I’d rather see the Clemson - SC series move to a home and home. But this game is perfectly fine in Charlotte, May help us recruiting that area, is in a great venue, and is against a quality opponent. Enjoy the spotlight.

Don't get me started with the Carolina/Clemson series...

We should play 6 games, weekend games.... 3 here and 3 up there...

And name for me what recruits/players have we gotten from NC from this game in Charlotte supposed to help us???

And name for me what recruits/players have we gotten from NC from this game in Charlotte supposed to help us???

Said “may” help us in recruiting that area. I’m sure if there was a prospect we could get it wouldn’t hurt.

But you won’t give up on the argument. You just feel like complaining. This is no big deal at all, at least from a negative perspective. Coaches want it. Players want it. I’m sure a portion of the fan base wants it. Just stay home that day.

Tanner said today on 107.5 that Coach Kingston approached him about these games saying the players were asking to play some games in minor league parks. They love it.

And 6 games is too many against a single opponent in a short college baseball season. Heck, that could end in a 3-3 tie. No thanks. 3 is perfect. Just needs to be home and home like football and basketball are.

Last edited:

Jonah Beamon, infielder, Charlotte Christian (N.C.)
Trey Tujetsch, RHP, Ardrey Kell (N.C.)
Xavier Bussey, outfielder, Garner (N.C.)
Brett Kerry, RHP, Wesleyan Christian Academy (N.C.)

But you won’t give up on the argument. You just feel like complaining.

And 6 games is too many against a single opponent in a short college baseball season. Heck, that could end in a 3-3 tie. No thanks. 3 is perfect. Just needs to be home and home like football and basketball are.

You're damn right...

You're just a baby... You don't know what it's like playing 6 games against Clemson.... 3 and 3... Great series!

When I played sports, I actually enjoyed playing away games more than home games. There was something exciting about playing at the different venues, regardless of the quality of the facilities. Something made me feel Stud. It always seemed like the Whole World was interested in 'Who are these guys?' ... 'Which one is he?' ... 'WOW, are they all this big?'

Any athlete will tell you, you don't really hear the crowd noise but Boy, you sure could hear the deafening silence when you took the home team crowd out of the game.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...h-carolina/usc-baseball/article220521235.html

South Carolina baseball will play a pair of midweek games at BB&T Ballpark in Charlotte in 2019, the team announced Tuesday night. The Gamecocks will face North Carolina State on April 2 and North Carolina on April 16, with first pitch for both games at 7 p.m.

I'm so tried of playing these games in Charlotte....

If those pansy ACC teams from North Carolina don't want to come to Columbia....

Then screw them! We don't need them!
It's you OP. You are fired from FGF and the Gamecock fanbase. It was a nice run you had but we are cutting the dead weight going forward

Nice Downtown area IMHO......I think the holes are in for a bad year so it may work out for you this time.

You definitely don’t follow UNC baseball. They will be top 5-10. Might have the best pitching staff in baseball.

Playing in Charlotte is about more than baseball (or football when we play in the panthers stadium). We have a large Alumni presence in the Charlotte area. Its the closest major TV market and home to the SEC Network. USC is closer to Charlotte than UNC or NCSU. We do a ton of marketing in Charlotte. Maintaining a presence in Charlotte is a good thing for the University beyond sports but also helps sports recruiting.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...h-carolina/usc-baseball/article220521235.html

South Carolina baseball will play a pair of midweek games at BB&T Ballpark in Charlotte in 2019, the team announced Tuesday night. The Gamecocks will face North Carolina State on April 2 and North Carolina on April 16, with first pitch for both games at 7 p.m.

I love playing in Charlotte even though we have been getting killed.

FYI, Charlote is closer to Columbia, SC than Chapel Hill, NC

I want UNCarolina and NC State to come to Columbia play us here... They won't do it....

We're not afraid to play them in Chapel Hill or Raleigh.... Playing them in Charlotte gives them an out and they act like they are doing us a favor by playing us in Charlotte than in Columbia...
I'm not sure what you are trying to to stir up.

I'll bite. The only way we will play a series with one of those teams if we give up a home series one year at the beginning of the season.
Those first 2-3 series at home against lesser competition are crucial and a litmus test for the head coach if he's got his team ready for SEC play.

This is the most absurd post ever. We typically outnumber anyone we play in Charlotte as far as fan support goes. It's our own fault we get our asses kicked every time we show up there. I live here and am glad to be able to make a game during the week.

This is the most absurd post ever. We typically outnumber anyone we play in Charlotte as far as fan support goes. It's our own fault we get our asses kicked every time we show up there. I live here and am glad to be able to make a game during the week.

Then let's play in Chapel Hill or Raleigh if you want exposure...

We're not getting great players in NC, because the way the Scholarships are handled out to North Carolina residences, it makes it harder for NC families to send their children out of state...

They pretty much get great tuition break to NC schools through the lottery system....

That's why UNCarolina, Duke and NC State students are 90% from North Carolina...

You lose all credibility by saying Duke is 90 % NC residents. It's a private school who's kids come from everywhere.

I want UNCarolina and NC State to come to Columbia play us here... They won't do it....

We're not afraid to play them in Chapel Hill or Raleigh.... Playing them in Charlotte gives them an out and they act like they are doing us a favor by playing us in Charlotte than in Columbia...

We have gone to Raleigh and Chapel Hill the same number of times they have come to Columbia.... ZERO.

Lighten up Francis...

When I played sports, I actually enjoyed playing away games more than home games. There was something exciting about playing at the different venues, regardless of the quality of the facilities. Something made me feel Stud. It always seemed like the Whole World was interested in 'Who are these guys?' ... 'Which one is he?' ... 'WOW, are they all this big?'

Any athlete will tell you, you don't really hear the crowd noise but Boy, you sure could hear the deafening silence when you took the home team crowd out of the game.
I agree I always liked playing away games. You can't beat the Clebrating with your teammates on a long ride home. When we played at home after the game. Everybody was in an out of the locker room quickly as possible to go party or meet their Girl.

Wow. Even on a gamecock "support" board, this must set a record. A fire them post before the first pitch is thrown. Usually it takes at least three innings of the first game or the first series of a football game or a first turnover in a basketball game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT