ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the best player we faced ever?

RockThrillCock

Aug 9, 2005
Rock Hill
Cam Newton comes to mind but we did make many players look great (Mo Williams, Darren McFadden, Matt Jones). That in itself could be another threads, who did we make look like a Heisman. Cam in the SECCG was a man among boys.

We have a long history of making opposing players look like Heisman trophy candidates . . . even mediocre players that come off the bench (remember JoJo Kemp of UK . . . oh my God!)

Reactions: Silverspur02
Herschel IMO, I thought you asked best we ever played not who had their best day against us, there are a lot of those!

Reactions: SCexpat38
Wow, I forgot we were in a bowl game against both Barry Sanders and Dan Marino. May have to modify my list. When I posted my original list I thought Walker was fourth. You guys are making think, which is a good thing,

All the ones mentioned come to mind, but who was that back for Arkansas who ran about 4,000 yards against us several years ago?

Remember when Tee Martin (not best player we've faced) went 24-25 for 300+ yards and like 4 TDs? :mad::confused::rolleyes:

Wow, I forgot we were in a bowl game against both Barry Sanders and Dan Marino. May have to modify my list. When I posted my original list I thought Walker was fourth. You guys are making think, which is a good thing,
Funny we weren't in bowl games against Marino or Sanders. A guy named Rick Trocano was the Pitt QB in 80 and Thurman Thomas was the RB in 84. We did play Marino later on but never against Barry Sanders.

But back to the question, the answer is Herschel Walker.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Vinny Testaverde, Deion Sanders, Major Harris, Anthony Carter, Mike Golic, Michael Irvin, Eli Manning, Culpepper, Lawrence Taylor, and Kenny Stabler are some others

Reactions: rogue cock
Vinny Testaverde, Deion Sanders, Major Harris, Anthony Carter, Mike Golic, Michael Irvin, Eli Manning, Culpepper, Lawrence Taylor, and Kenny Stabler are some others
I was going to mention Michael Irvin but you beat me to it
Your list so far is the most comprehensive

the day Arkansas came to town and McFadden and Jones both went silly. Robert Edwards from Georgia ran for 5 touchdowns in 95'. Too many to name....

Funny we weren't in bowl games against Marino or Sanders. A guy named Rick Trocano was the Pitt QB in 80 and Thurman Thomas was the RB in 84. We did play Marino later on but never against Barry Sanders.

Yes, but I believe Pitt put Marino in at one point during that game.

Almost all of the players mentioned were in fact great players. Some were Heisman contenders, and some winners, but if you want to split hairs there were players ... WE MADE LOOK LIKE THEY WERE HEISMAN CANDIDATES, BUT WEREN'T.

JoJo Kemp (KY) and the Georgia QB (VA transfer) that completed 20 out of 22 passes or something like that. Those guys were decent players, but neither was as good as we made them look the day they killed us.

Thanks for setting my feeble mind straight

I would say just based of his performances against us Darren McFadden . The game where him and Felix Jones ran all over us was abysmal. Didn't he throw a TD against us in the game too ??? Tebow ran all over us too but the I will never forget that Arkansas game . I would definitely say McFadden or Cam . Cam in the SEC championship was just ridiculous.

Reactions: RockThrillCock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT