ADVERTISEMENT

Why are Carolina fans are still not happy with Coach Shane Beamer???

I don't think you can use the overall ranking this early in the process, because some teams have as many as 19 recruits (Boston College - do you really think they'll end up #6?) while others only have 7 or 8 (UNC and Clemson). A better indicator of recruiting is to look at the average rank per recruit. That's what I explicitly said I was doing in my post. In that metric, it's #58 and #13.
Sure we can. People on this forum were using the same metrics to disparage the recruiting in early June, now that it is moving up people want to change the goalposts. We have good momentum in recruiting and I expect we will finish in top 30 when all is said and done.

I haven't moved any goalposts. I think the overall recruiting rankings are stupid, because they don't account for attrition. A lot of teams sign top 10 class, but that's because they sign 25+ players every class and then process them. You have to always look at how good your average recruit is, if you want to put that much weight into recruiting (which I don't put much stock in the rankings). If you track average recruit rankings, you get a much more accurate view of football team talent. Since 2015, the top 6 teams in average recruit rankings have been: Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, UGA, Oklahoma, and A&M. That is pretty much exactly what you expect. But if you look at total recruiting, you get: UGA, Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, Texas, and USC.
I didn’t say you did. There are other posters on this forum however that were crucifying our coaches in early June based on where we were in the rankings. All I’m saying is if the same criteria is being used to disparage then it needs to be used to promote. While you are correct in determining overall team talent is a good way to look at things there are certain positions that will not reflect in the rankings. Muschamp was good at getting certain skill players thus improving our ranking but our depth was lacking.

How can anyone be either happy or unhappy with Coach Beamer? He hasn't coached one game.
Truth. I find it amusing that people can state mater of factly that Beamer is going to win because of x,y or z. He may. He may not. There isn’t a single person that knows anything more than anyone else about how successful or unsuccessful he will. Other than God, NO ONE knows. Everyone’s opinion is just that, opinion. He has zero body of work to suggest he will be good or bad. Let’s hope for the best, but making profound prognostications is pretty silly and makes you look a little juvenile..

I think he is doing all the right things at the moment. He is recruiting hard and building excitement and interest which is all he really can do.

Now, this fall the rubber meets the road. I don't expect 7 or even 6 wins. But I expect to see a competent team and a competent staff working as a unit; working for each other.

The other big test of Beamer will be when things do go wrong. How quickly and accurately will he diagnose the problem and how quickly will he move to fix issues and shore up weaknesses. I don't think I can take another season of incompetence.

Is it because he once coached at Carolina? Or is it because Coach Beamer's first name is Shane???

Coach Shane Beamer is ready to be our Head Coach.. People here wanted Lincoln Riley before Muschamp was hire and Riley is much younger and less experienced than Shane Beamer at that time, 5 years ago.

The reason why Lincoln Riley is a good coach, he inherited a good team like Oklahoma Sooners and really didn't have to sell the team or school to recruits...

Shane Beamer on the other hand, Beamer inherited a crapy team, crapy program at South Carolina and he is turning heads in recruiting and hasn't coached a game yet at South Carolina...

In time, Beamer will be the next Steve Spurrier at South Carolina and will have better numbers after his 3rd year as head coach... And will beat Clemson in his 3rd or 4th year at Carolina...

Mark my words...
I have no feelings one way or another. Beamer is 0-0, and killing it in the recruiting of 3 stars. There is nothing to support optimism or pessimism right now. Until we see whether his coaches can recruit and develop talent, win the games he is supposed to win and compete in the games against better teams there is not enough evidence to feel good or bad about anything. I want to see what happens in Game #1. If we don't win going away, there will be creeping pessimism.

Reactions: JGH 35
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT