ADVERTISEMENT

Why bother with video replay?

sandlapper59

Jan 24, 2015
I don't know why baseball bothers with having video review of close plays if they fail to reverse an important 2 run call at the plate where the runner is clearly out. I don't have a dog in this fight other than expectation of fairness. TCU runner is out by the "indisputable" evidence of the replay. Seemed clear to everyone watching the replay other than the umpires.

I don't know why baseball bothers with having video review of close plays if they fail to reverse an important 2 run call at the plate where the runner is clearly out. I don't have a dog in this fight other than expectation of fairness. TCU runner is out by the "indisputable" evidence of the replay. Seemed clear to everyone watching the replay other than the umpires.
This thread didn't go how you thought it would.

Actually I agree with the title of this post, but not because of the use of it in the Florida vs tcu, but because of the lack of usefulness in the osu v lsu game. Kid for osu hit one off the yellow part of the wall down the LF line and the umpires ruled it foul. They said they didn't use replay because the osu coach didn't ask them to. My issue is if you don't have someone checking these calls like in football, then the head coaches need to contest everything close.

What was worse was the Oregon State-LSU game. The Oregon State kid hit a double to the corner of the wall that clearly hit the yellow scoring 2 runs. No question it was a fair ball. The Oregon State coach took responsibility for not challeging it, but the umpires should review without being asked. If they lose to LSU today not reviewing that call may cost Oregon State a national title.

What was worse was the Oregon State-LSU game. The Oregon State kid hit a double to the corner of the wall that clearly hit the yellow scoring 2 runs. No question it was a fair ball. The Oregon State coach took responsibility for not challeging it, but the umpires should review without being asked. If they lose to LSU today not reviewing that call may cost Oregon State a national title.
Beat ya!Lol

Yep. You are exactly right, not saying it will happen, but that call could cost Oregon State a shot at the national title. We shall see today.

If it does cost them a shot at the title then it's on the head coach and he owned it in the interview.

This thread didn't go how you thought it would.

Actually, that does not matter. Facts are facts and I stand by my post. I challenge any doubter to carefully watch the slow motion replay of the home plate action and still claim that the runner was safe. If they still say the runner is safe, then I can only think there is something wrong with their perception.

The runner does have his hand over the plate before the tag but his hand is well above the plate, not on it. This is proven by the last few frames when the runner's hand finally drops down several inches on to the plate to finally touch it, well after he is tagged by the catcher. If this seems like overly belaboring this issue, I point out that I was challenged and I'm only defending my post.

Sometimes the majority is just wrong.

Actually, that does not matter. Facts are facts and I stand by my post. I challenge any doubter to carefully watch the slow motion replay of the home plate action and still claim that the runner was safe. If they still say the runner is safe, then I can only think there is something wrong with their perception.

The runner does have his hand over the plate before the tag but his hand is well above the plate, not on it. This is proven by the last few frames when the runner's hand finally drops down several inches on to the plate to finally touch it, well after he is tagged by the catcher. If this seems like overly belaboring this issue, I point out that I was challenged and I'm only defending my post.

Sometimes the majority is just wrong.
The "majority can be wrong" argument doesn't hold up when indisputable evidence is required...

The "majority can be wrong" argument doesn't hold up when indisputable evidence is required...

That statement means nothing relative to the argument here. "Indisputable evidence", the most overused and misused term in sports today. At the end of the day, 2 + 2 still equals 4. Polls don't change that.

"Indisputable evidence", the most overused and misused term in sports today. At the end of the day, 2 + 2 still equals 4. Polls don't change that.
Nobody can dispute that. I think you are having trouble with basic comprehension here.

Indisputable-unable to be challenged or denied.

I have seen multiple people challenge you on this play. Therefore, it is not indisputable. The rule set forth requires it to be indisputable. I don't know how to make this any clearer for you.

Nobody can dispute that. I think you are having trouble with basic comprehension here.

Indisputable-unable to be challenged or denied.

I have seen multiple people challenge you on this play. Therefore, it is not indisputable. The rule set forth requires it to be indisputable. I don't know how to make this any clearer for you.

You are making a mountain out of a molehill. Multiple challenges are not relevant. The earth was the center of the universe for a long time. It is not necessary or relevant for you to make anything clear to me. I am quite capable of making any such decisions by myself. My original post was only an observation based on my quite adequate visual acuity and technical resources.

You apparently insist on denying me that right and you will be unsuccessful. You are the one having problems with comprehension.

Signing off and clear.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT