ADVERTISEMENT

Why don`t we ever hear what % of people testing + for Covid-19 were wearing masks or not? Simple que

Perhaps I am mistaken, but it seems you made reference to Biden and his son.

If only people cared about corruption on both sides. If Ivanka and DT played the role of democrats in real life, could you imagine the conspiracy theories about Ivanka's Chinese voting machines. The opportunities are endless.

Ah, I see your mistake.

I read Conways original contention that biden and hillary wouldn't enrich their families, like trump has supposedly done. I scoff at that, as they both have and I believe would continue to do so.

So bringing trump back up doesn't really counter their actions, or address my post. And at best brings us back to "they both (all three) did it".

But I agree, I wish people cared about corruption on both sides, and not just when the name Trump appears.

Edit: I do understand why you were wrong now. I looked back, I had only partially quoted Conway, as his post was rather long. So you weren't really following the complete conversation. That explains why you thought you had a point.

Last edited:
It depends on the information. In this case it was "Don't wear a mask" because we are afraid health care workers will run out. Now its "Please wear a mask" because we've made all these millions of masks and they must be sold. Similar to when Fauci downplayed hydroxychloroquine because it was an effective drug made for another purpose but had not gone through the accepted clinical trials he demanded for this disease. But, when Remdesivir was mentioned as a possible effective drug he was all over that, touting the possibilities it showed even though it too had not undergone those same clinical reviews for Covid 19. The difference? Gilead, the maker of Remdesivir, is a major funder of the agency that Fauci works for whereas the makers of hydroxychloroquine are not.
You do realize that Remdesivir has been studied against other strains for COVID for years now. He also talked about the results of the studies and that while promising were not any kind of miracle. There were no actual studies on hydroxychloroquine and to date most that have been done don’t show any positive impacts.

Conspiracy theories are fun but aren’t exactly things to hang your hat on.

In an interview with Fox News Sunday, Trump insisted he took “responsibility always for everything” regarding the pandemic.

It's like he's unaware of the invention of video/audio
Seriously, wth is wrong with this guy? Either he has severe cognitive issues or he's been lying for so long & so often that he doesn't care and/or no longer can separate truth from his lies.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoosterBooster1
The worst crisis to hit the US since WWII and your POTUS has the US so divided that we are self destructing. That's MAGA.

We elected an incompetent snake oil salesman who never cared about the US, and surely doesn't now.
Nahhh.... Your news media and representatives have been dividing this country for years just for power. Your brothers and sisters in the streets are adding to the division.. Stop calling people names and throwing molatov cocktails at police. Stop burning down businesses and give somebody a helping hand. Js

It’s time for Trump’s favorite song:

Let’s play the blame game!

Obama, bama, Bobama
China, ina, Fofina
Fauci, auci, Mauci
Just don’t blame me
Why should Trump accept blame that is not due just because the biased news media and his political opponents say so?

Positions should change as information becomes available. I don’t care if it’s daily, weekly, monthly, etc. Refusing to accept that information is subject to change has rarely if ever been a recipe for success.

sounds like our coaching style don’t it.lol.

Reactions: Dizzy01
In an interview with Fox News Sunday, Trump insisted he took “responsibility always for everything” regarding the pandemic.

It's like he's unaware of the invention of video/audio
Seriously, wth is wrong with this guy? Either he has severe cognitive issues or he's been lying for so long & so often that he doesn't care and/or no longer can separate truth from his lies.
You have confused "responsibility" with "blame".

Trump has been responsible but has not cowered to the attacks from the biased news media and political opponents.

Do you think someone just woke up one morning and declared "masks work!!"? Logic plays a very real part (via deductive reasoning) in challenging and testing scientific theory (inductive reasoning) in order to come to a real conclusive truth. In other words, LOGIC DOES MAKE IT TRUE. It is via logical testing that those drug companies you referenced spent their billions of dollars on, testing those drugs. That's actually how they do it.

The effectiveness of masks in reducing or eliminating the spread of infectious disease has been scientifically determined for decades, if not generations. Remember all those old photos that were taken during the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic??

rawImage.jpg

That was over 100 years ago, son. Do you still get around on horseback, because you aren't convinced that automobiles are more effective???

You stated that "The World Health Organization states there is no evidence for or against wearing mask". I quoted WHO to show that that statement was WRONG. The WHO straight up says that masks "CAN BE USED" for protection against others who are infected, as well as for source control against the spread of infection by an infected person. The evidence has been scientifically proven since the early 1900s, at least, and probably a lot earlier than that.

Again, you insist on deliberately spreading mistruths in the guise of truths in order to 1) support your flawed and inaccurate position, and 2) to deceive and mislead others who read what you post. Your statements of:

and

makes sure NOT to emphasize that the BJM study was purely comparing the efficacy of cloth masks in PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL CARE ENVIRONMENTS. In the use such masks for doctors and nurses in operating rooms and hospital wards. Here is the actual BJM study:

https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/bmjopen/5/4/e006577.full.pdf

This has NOTHING to do with what Fauci or the CDC or the WHO have been telling the public. People need to really STOP trying so hard to spread outright lies and misinformation to others for nothing more than personal political agendas. It is actually WORSE than common internet trolling.....
I practice medicine for a living and understand how studies work. You lost all credibility when you said “logic does make it true.” Logical testing does not mean the outcome is logical. Even thinking so is illogical. Logic is a means of deriving conclusions from premises. Its relationship to truth is coincidental, based on whether or not the premises being discussed are true. If they are, and if the conclusion is validly drawn from them, it's impossible for the result to be untrue.
And you really believe that showing a picture of people wearing a mask during the Spanish Flu proves a point? Seriously?
Finally, are you suggesting that medical professionals wear a mask in a hospital setting differs from Joe Blow wearing a mask in non-hospital setting? Viruses and bacteria behave the same inside and outside of a hospital. The difference would be that the medical professional likely has a better understanding of how to use them properly. Another major fail by you.

Reactions: Cola G'Cock
stion that should say a lot about the effectiveness of mask-wearing, They have gone back and forth and now we all must wear them or we are terrible people. They should ask if people were always wearing a mask, sometimes wearing a mask, rarely wearing a mask or never wearing a mask. We know some people(a lot I think) got it despite wearing them. How come we never see any studies like that? Maybe I missed them, Seems like that would be all over the news to show how effective they are. Hmmm - perhaps the difference isn`t as big as they would like people to believe? Show me the evidence please.

https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577

Objective The aim of this study was to compare the efficacy of cloth masks to medical masks in hospital healthcare workers (HCWs). The null hypothesis is that there is no difference between medical masks and cloth masks.

Setting 14 secondary-level/tertiary-level hospitals in Hanoi, Vietnam.

Participants 1607 hospital HCWs aged ≥18 years working full-time in selected high-risk wards.

Intervention Hospital wards were randomised to: medical masks, cloth masks or a control group (usual practice, which included mask wearing). Participants used the mask on every shift for 4 consecutive weeks.

Main outcome measure Clinical respiratory illness (CRI), influenza-like illness (ILI) and laboratory-confirmed respiratory virus infection.

Results The rates of all infection outcomes were highest in the cloth mask arm, with the rate of ILI statistically significantly higher in the cloth mask arm (relative risk (RR)=13.00, 95% CI 1.69 to 100.07) compared with the medical mask arm. Cloth masks also had significantly higher rates of ILI compared with the control arm. An analysis by mask use showed ILI (RR=6.64, 95% CI 1.45 to 28.65) and laboratory-confirmed virus (RR=1.72, 95% CI 1.01 to 2.94) were significantly higher in the cloth masks group compared with the medical masks group. Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost 97% and medical masks 44%.

Conclusions This study is the first RCT of cloth masks, and the results caution against the use of cloth masks. This is an important finding to inform occupational health and safety. Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks and poor filtration may result in increased risk of infection. Further research is needed to inform the widespread use of cloth masks globally. However, as a precautionary measure, cloth masks should not be recommended for HCWs, particularly in high-risk situations, and guidelines need to be updated.

That is just plain ridiculous. The US has protected and fought for other nations giving their lives. Anytime there is a catastrophe, the US is there with food and supplies. Americans are the most giving people in the world.
^^^ and it's not close. Americans give at an exponentially greater level than the rest of the world.

Reactions: Silver_Coconut
You have confused "responsibility" with "blame".

Trump has been responsible but has not cowered to the attacks from the biased news media and political opponents.

Like a true trumpster.. Square the above video where says he takes no responsibility at all for the lag in testing with his interview on Fox where he claims he took responsibility always for everything regarding the pandemic. How can you take responsibility always for everything & take no responsibility at the same time? Impossible.
Nothing in either the interview quote or video said anything about blame. You brought that word up, after you did I just ask you if he did accept blame. Yet, I'm confused. Damn. Spin away, this should be good.

Last edited:
Like a true trumpster.. Square the above video where says he takes no responsibility at all for the lag in testing with his interview on Fox where he claims he took responsibility always for everything regarding the pandemic. How can you take responsibility always for everything & take no responsibility at the same time. Impossible.
Nothing in either the interview quote or video said anything about blame. You brought that word up, after you did I just ask you if he did accept blame. Yet, I'm confused. Damn. Spin away, this should be good.
You are very naïve about politics.

You are very naïve about politics.
Tough to spin two statements diametrically opposed to one another, ain't it? When you follow this guy you need to up your game. To defend his direct contradictions from previous statements & constant lies takes some serious creativity. You're not there yet.

Reactions: Forever Fowl
Yes, when is Joe Biden going to openly admit he has dementia? LOL!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...919B847B8760B449267F919B847B8760&&FORM=VDRVSR

"Sir, we have the seventh-highest mortality rate in the world. Our mortality rate is higher than Brazil, it's higher than Russia, and the European Union has us on a travel ban," Wallace pointed out, citing Johns Hopkins University mortality data.

"Yeah. I think what we'll do — well, we have them under travel ban too, Chris. I closed them off. If you remember, I was the one that did the European Union very early. When you talk about mortality rates, I think...we have one of the lowest mortality rates in the world," Trump falsely claimed in the interview.

"It's not true sir," Wallace countered. "We had 900 deaths on a single day this week, you can check it out."

Trump then beckoned White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany to bring him a chart purportedly showing that the US has a "#1 low mortality rate."

"I hope you show the scenario because this is what fake news is all about," Trump said.

"I don't think I'm fake news," Wallace countered.

"Yeah you are," Trump replied. "You said we have the worst mortality rate in the world." Wallace did not say that the US had the highest mortality rate but rather that the country had the seventh-highest rate.

Last edited:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...919B847B8760B449267F919B847B8760&&FORM=VDRVSR

"Sir, we have the seventh-highest mortality rate in the world. Our mortality rate is higher than Brazil, it's higher than Russia, and the European Union has us on a travel ban," Wallace pointed out, citing Johns Hopkins University mortality data.

"Yeah. I think what we'll do — well, we have them under travel ban too, Chris. I closed them off. If you remember, I was the one that did the European Union very early. When you talk about mortality rates, I think...we have one of the lowest mortality rates in the world," Trump falsely claimed in the interview.

"It's not true sir," Wallace countered. "We had 900 deaths on a single day this week, you can check it out."

Trump then beckoned White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany to bring him a chart purportedly showing that the US has a "#1 low mortality rate."

"I hope you show the scenario because this is what fake news is all about," Trump said.

"Yeah you are," Trump replied. "You said we have the worst mortality rate in the world." Wallace did not say that the US had the highest mortality rate but rather that the country had the seventh-highest rate.
Was the chart in Sharpie?

How do you explain the 162% increase of positive tests in California a month after the statewide mask mandate was implemented?
A couple of reasons...one, everyone is not wearing a mask and two, they are doing more test per day. I still can’t believe people think that masks do no good. Next time you have surgery may I suggest you tell your surgeon to not wear a mask.

Reactions: Conway Gamecock
A couple of reasons...one, everyone is not wearing a mask and two, they are doing more test per day. I still can’t believe people think that masks do no good. Next time you have surgery may I suggest you tell your surgeon to not wear a mask.
Cloth masks can increase infections.

Non sequitur! :)

So, why does anyone think a national or state mandate to wear masks will work anywhere?

I did not say masks are no good but am saying that mandating masks has not worked.

You do realize that Remdesivir has been studied against other strains for COVID for years now. He also talked about the results of the studies and that while promising were not any kind of miracle. There were no actual studies on hydroxychloroquine and to date most that have been done don’t show any positive impacts.

Conspiracy theories are fun but aren’t exactly things to hang your hat on.
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200429/remdesivir-covid-studies-find-different-results#1

Here's your studies on Remdesivir. The one showing positive results was performed by - SURPRISE, SURPISE - Gilead, the maker of the drug and the company who stands to profit from it. There have been several studies of Hydroxychloroquine, including a French study that showed promise. These studies were just not to the liking of Fauci. I'm sure the funding level disparity was not to his liking as well.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200429/remdesivir-covid-studies-find-different-results#1

Here's your studies on Remdesivir. The one showing positive results was performed by - SURPRISE, SURPISE - Gilead, the maker of the drug and the company who stands to profit from it. There have been several studies of Hydroxychloroquine, including a French study that showed promise. These studies were just not to the liking of Fauci. I'm sure the funding level disparity was not to his liking as well.
Are you referring to the French study that was withdrawn because of issues with the process and the interpretation of the results?

The Remdesivir studies were conducted at numerous independent hospitals. It’s still inconclusive but they’ve been actual studies with control groups to compare to.

Try as they may there's no comeback for this.

It doesn't matter how many times you scream that Dr. Fauci didn't say it, He did.. He wouldn't have apologized and explained why he lied if he didn't say it..

And despite all the times I've presented links and videos of the actual facts, YOU cannot present ONE SHRED of evidence that backs you up on what you just claimed, other than to clip out some small portion of an interview so that it takes out the context of what Fauci said.

Fauci said those things AT THE TIME, because AT THE TIME he said them, they were totally true. So he was RIGHT. But he ALSO said then that the situation was fluid and could chance quickly, AND HE WAS RIGHT. And when those situations changed like he said they would, so too did his statements regarding the pandemic.

Which is how the experts do the expert thing. Something Trump and dullard Trump followers cannot begin to understand. Hey, Trump also described himself as a Democrat, and as a "liberal leaning Populist". I swear, you radical progressive libs are going to turn this country into a socialist state......

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
Fauci said those things AT THE TIME, because AT THE TIME he said them, they were totally true. So he was RIGHT. But he ALSO said then that the situation was fluid and could chance quickly, AND HE WAS RIGHT. And when those situations changed like he said they would, so too did his statements regarding the pandemic.

Not to get in the middle of this, but this seems like the exact sort of comment people try to mock Trump supporters for saying.

He said it, but then he said something else, right?

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
So, why does anyone think a national or state mandate to wear masks will work anywhere?

I did not say masks are no good but am saying that mandating masks has not worked.

Americans are stupid, and stupidly stubborn. If nothing more, the state authorities and leaders can AT LEAST say that they TRIED - that they at least did their best to make a bovine herd mentality group of people take action to protect themselves against a killer disease.

Because as repugnant a nation of people as the USA is, if those same state leaders DID NOT DO THIS - if they just said, "the people will not want to do this - they think it inconveniences them, it makes them look weak, it takes away from their constitutional rights, blah blah blah...."

Then the day WILL COME when those SAME COW-LIKE HUMAN BEINGS will point their fingers at those leaders, and say, "THIS IS YOUR FAULT!! WE WOULD HAVE DONE WHAT YOU SAY, BUT YOU DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING!!! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!".

Those state leaders won't be able to stop the people from dying or dealing with serious health issues from the virus, but they will be able to live out their lives saying, "hey, I tried my best to save them, but in this country, if they don't want to, you can't make them do what's right. But I tried my best to lead".....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT