ADVERTISEMENT

Why don`t we ever hear what % of people testing + for Covid-19 were wearing masks or not? Simple que

Not true...it's just not as good as the N95 masks.

Wearing masks is doing more harm than good, because cloth masks are being reused, laid down on unsanitary surfaces, and recycling bacteria from the wearer.

Disposable mask, the same. Being reused, laid down on unsanitary surfaces, and recycling bacteria from the wearer.

Also, if they are not being reused, they are thrown onto the ground in the store's parking lot, trashing the environment and expecting store workers pick up these dirty mask from the ground...

I did, and the only sources I could find were dating back to Feb/March. EVERY reliable expert since the time we caught up on mask production and learned of transmission by non-symptomatic people has recommended wide spread mask wearing. It is not about protecting yourself by wearing a mask, it is about reducing the spread from people who are sick... masks are more effective at reducing the aiborne spread from a sick person than they are at preventing healthy people from breathing in airborne particles. It is important to separate the two. Initially they only recommended people wear masks when they have symptoms then realized people not showing symptoms could spread it so the only way for masks to be effective is for most everyone to wear them!

Wearing masks is doing more harm than good, because cloth masks are being reused, laid down on unsanitary surfaces, and recycling bacteria from the wearer.

Disposable mask, the same. Being reused, laid down on unsanitary surfaces, and recycling bacteria from the wearer.

Also, if they are not being reused, they are thrown onto the ground in the store's parking lot, trashing the environment and expecting store workers pick up these dirty mask from the ground...
Everything you typed untrue, as soon as you said “masks are doing more harm than good”, you negated the validity of everything else you typed. People wearing used masks can cause them to be infected, but they still prevent the spread from infected people to others. Once again you are mixing up the reason masks are effective- they do not protect the wearer that much, it is more about preventing spread from infected people.. One other point is- “recycling bacteria”? Covid is a Virus... Sounds like splitting hairs? It is not. Facts matter, the words we use mean things... I am sorry friend, but I think you are basing your views on bad information and missing the point entirely on why masks are important. I am not insulting you of trying to start anything, I have nothing against you or anyone else for believing different things but you lay out your reasons for your beliefs and they are based on bad info, I will tell you. Your position on this is too common and big reason why America is in so much trouble right now. Bad information, being spread from the top down, is literally killing thousands of people. It is important that we stop doing this..

Everything you typed untrue, as soon as you said “masks are doing more harm than good”, you negated the validity of everything else you typed. People wearing used masks can cause them to be infected, but they still prevent the spread from infected people to others. Once again you are mixing up the reason masks are effective- they do not protect the wearer that much, it is more about preventing spread from infected people.. One other point is- “recycling bacteria”? Covid is a Virus... Sounds like splitting hairs? It is not. Facts matter, the words we use mean things... I am sorry friend, but I think you are basing your views on bad information and missing the point entirely on why masks are important. I am not insulting you of trying to start anything, I have nothing against you or anyone else for believing different things but you lay out your reasons for your beliefs and they are based on bad info, I will tell you. Your position on this is too common and big reason why America is in so much trouble right now. Bad information, being spread from the top down, is literally killing thousands of people. It is important that we stop doing this..

Go head and wear those dirty cloth mask and disposable mask... Breath in your own CO2 and see if that doesn't cause you some long term issues...

The average person will continue to wear those dirty cloth mask and disposable mask and or toss them on the ground after use...

You can still get COVID 19 when wearing a mask...

Taking off a mask with dirty hands, adjusting your mask with dirty hands, specially outside and sweating, touching your sweat on the forehead and let the sweat drip down underneath your mask and etc..

Don't rely on Google for your information, do your own trial and error...

Anyone who puts one a level A, level B, level C & level D hazmat suit knows this... You can still contaminated yourself at any level if not properly decontaminate yourself...

I call only liars like you a liar.

You Continue to lie. You promised to never respond to me again weeks ago. You lied. I’m not surprised.

As I said, masks are now recommended by conservatives and liberals alike. More importantly, many businesses require them regardless of your ignorant opinions.
You responded to me dummy.
I call only liars like you a liar.

You Continue to lie. You promised to never respond to me again weeks ago. You lied. I’m not surprised.

As I said, masks are now recommended by conservatives and liberals alike. More importantly, many businesses require them regardless of your ignorant opinions.
Masks don't work bro..

Go head and wear those dirty cloth mask and disposable mask... Breath in your own CO2 and see if that doesn't cause you some long term issues...

The average person will continue to wear those dirty cloth mask and disposable mask and or toss them on the ground after use...

You can still get COVID 19 when wearing a mask...

Taking off a mask with dirty hands, adjusting your mask with dirty hands, specially outside and sweating, touching your sweat on the forehead and let the sweat drip down underneath your mask and etc..

Don't rely on Google for your information, do your own trial and error...

Anyone who puts one a level A, level B, level C & level D hazmat suit knows this... You can still contaminated yourself at any level if not properly decontaminate yourself...
Again... Nobody ever said masks are 100% effective at preventing infection for the person wearing them. I did not say that, no experts have said that, so arguing that point is fruitless. What is being said is that masks reduce the airborne spread of the virus FROM a contagious person to those around them. That is true and has been shown to be so by multiple studies.

Your concerns about masks making you breathe in damaging levels of CO2 are unfounded and completely made up.

You responded to me dummy.

Masks don't work bro..

Tell that to the countries who required masks to be worn and have dramatically reduced the number cases and deaths due to the virus. They have gone back to their normal lives without fear of catching the virus. On the other hand, we are watching as cases and deaths spiral out of control. And unfortunately, mask wearing seems to be the only policy we have going for us. The country is opening back up all over the place. Without masks, what is going to get this under control? There won't be a vaccine available to the public until Q2 of 2021. It will take several months just to vaccinate a good portion of the population once we have it. That's a long time off. There isn't a strategy in this country for controlling this virus which is criminal. For the first time in my lifetime I as an American can't travel to Europe because we are radioactive. If that's not a failure of leadership, I don't know what is.

The final nail in the coffin for this administration I think will be as the kids go back to school and start getting sick or the teachers get it.i hope this doesn’t happen but we’ve been warned.

Yes, I believe people would empty everything in their checking/savings/investment accounts to keep their children safe and healthy.

A more important question is why does Donald Trump oppose additional funding for testing? It is needed.

While people were criticizing Trump's administration for not mass-producing testing kits by the tens of millions back in March and early April - by not invoking powers that a U.S. President clearly has to MAKE American industries and manufacturers drop what they are doing and mass-produce them, there was so much more back-lash about about the COVID-19 being a "Democratic hoax", about how the virus was no different than the flu, etc. etc.

Trump refused to publicly wear masks, and his staff advised others around him to not wear them.

But if Trump had done this back in March, I truly believe that everyone would be opened back up TODAY, and there wouldn't be this spike of cases. We would be preparing for fall sports, and the economy would be surging upwards again.

Hell, we've STILL not gotten to that point yet with testing, even though the virus has surged back up again. The chance of acting proactively in the early stages of spread has come and gone, but we STILL are not even TRYING to take proactive measures of at least KNOWING who is infected or not. Not nearly enough to ensure safely - or as safely as we can - that we can re-open schools and other businesses that are closed, without causing a third spike. It's all been "hey, lets just stick our hands in the fire, and see if we get burned!" approach.

Trump has been so frozen stiff - afraid of screwing up the great economy, which is his only platform for 2020 he can stand on that isn't pure lies - that by being immobilized and not acting quickly, he killed that golden goose right off. And now he's divested himself of all responsibility, trying to put the load of of it all on state governments, so as more Americans continue to die, he can just blame them for those deaths.

That is now Trump's platform for 2020. Four More Years! Four More Years!

Adams was right about the mask... It doesn't help...

But, if you're talking about the N95 mask, that's different... Those are for the healthcare workers and there is a reason why they call it N95.. It helps protect you 95% of the germs and viruses...

So Adams was "right about the mask", when he said what he said that YOU mistakenly attributed to Fauci, AND THEN STATED THAT FAUCI WAS LYING????

The top video of the two you posted - even at the end of that video, Fauci states the reason for saying that US citizens didn't need to go about wearing the masks AT THAT TIME in March, was to allow those masks to be used by the professional healthcare providers. He was CLEARLY talking about the N95 masks.

You don't even remember what was happening in the country back in March, do you? Remember when toilet paper was nowhere to be found? There was also a huge shortage of N95 masks - not homemade masks, not cotton masks, not ALL masks - but N95 masks, because the general public thought that N95 masks would help prevent exposure of THEM - the mask wearer - to COVID-19.

Fauci explains in the very video YOU PROVIDE that they are ineffective at preventing infection by the wearer, because the wearer would be touching their face fidgeting with the masks. Healthcare providers don't just wear masks - they wear gloves, they wash their hands with anti-bacterial cleanser, and even will wear shields and body smocks as added measures, and they are kept to a very strict policy. Something that common citizens would never commit to.

But I'm just repeating the same lines over and over now, with you. You're not interested in getting the truth, because you already know it. You're just interested in trolling this board with your constant lying non-stop, for personal reasons...

You're just trying to make up sh*t now, aren't you? Your signature even says that you don't wear masks, because you don't want to breath back in the germs that you just breathed out, and get sick from them. You have no mental connection to rationality at all, do you??

When they released prisoners instead of giving them masks.

This is correct - Expro19 learned it from the Head Bull - head prison guard - at the Prison when he was let out. The Head Bull told him, "you got lucky today, Con, but I'll be seeing you again real soon!!"...... :D

Yes, I believe people would empty everything in their checking/savings/investment accounts to keep their children safe and healthy.

Agree. But ask people to empty all their accounts on a chance that maybe their kids might get a virus that the overwhelming odds are they wont feel worse than a cold, if they feel it at all goes a bit differently.

Agree. But ask people to empty all their accounts on a chance that maybe their kids might get a virus that the overwhelming odds are they wont feel worse than a cold, if they feel it at all goes a bit differently.
Except many, many medical professionals are talking about long-term heart, lung, neurological and/or kidney problems if you are fortunate to survive covid.

Except many, many medical professionals are talking about long-term heart, lung, neurological and/or kidney problems if you are fortunate to survive covid.

Again, a chance that maybe there might be maybe some consequences to a disease that they may or may not get, and that they may get and not even notice.

I get where you're going, but it's easy to weigh money against a sick child, it's harder when you start throwing out three layers of maybes and possibilities and we dont knows.

Again, a chance that maybe there might be maybe some consequences to a disease that they may or may not get, and that they may get and not even notice.

I get where you're going, but it's easy to weigh money against a sick child, it's harder when you start throwing out three layers of maybes and possibilities and we dont knows.

I understand what you're saying. But most people agree with me. Reuiers in their recent poll said 55% of the people think it's unsafe to open the schools for in-person schooling to 26% who think it's safe to 19% who are unsure. I'm just glad I don't have children in school because it would greatly worry me. jedi_mike is right in his assessment.

I'd be willing to wager that both of us would discard popular opinion as fickle if it didn't agree with us.
'I am not sure about that. For example, Biden being up over Trump by an average of 50.4 to 41.6 makes me feel good. If the numbers were reversed, rather than feeling the people were "fickle", I'd feel bad.

'I am not sure about that. For example, Biden being up over Trump by an average of 50.4 to 41.6 makes me feel good. If the numbers were reversed, rather than feeling the people were "fickle", I'd feel bad.

Ha, I think political polls are some of the most fickle.

I don't think every one of your opinions is in line with polls of american voters, so I'm sure you hold to something that is in the minority somewhere. But it's not worth the time to drag it out just to get you acknowledge a point.

Ha, I think political polls are some of the most fickle.

I don't think every one of your opinions is in line with polls of american voters, so I'm sure you hold to something that is in the minority somewhere. But it's not worth the time to drag it out just to get you acknowledge a point.
I'm not trying to be disagreeable. I just never have looked at differing opinions like you do.

Masks don't work bro..
They do now. MAGA!
It'd going to be fun watching how you MAGA people spin this.
6313722_071220-cc-ap-trump-mask-img.jpg

I'm not trying to be disagreeable. I just never have looked at differing opinions like you do.

And how do I look at differing opinions? ( or popular opinion since that what I said)

Is it the word fickle that bothers you? Are you going to sit here and say popular opinions in polls don't change?

And how do I look at differing opinions? ( or popular opinion since that what I said)

Is it the word fickle that bothers you? Are you going to sit here and say popular opinions in polls don't change?
Polls are swayed by the group of people you use or the questions you ask and how you ask them. I don't know how you get polls done unless you have a designated group to go to. Most with phones will not answer pollers.

I understand where you are coming from but do you honestly believe that all these expert virus doctors didn't know whether or not a mask would or wouldn't work on a virus... It just seems to me that would be first day of Freshman Virus class.. Not knowing whether or not a mask works against a virus from virus experts just doesn't sit right with me... Or did they know it wouldn't work and told the truth in the beginning and now there is another motive to have you wear masks. Just a theory

USA=4% of world population
USA=25% of world covid19 deaths

Spin proof.

This is the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard...SC, GA, and Fla are all out of control and last I checked they are all Republican Governors.

I'll correct @Garnet chicken statement... US NE responsible for ALMOST half the deaths.

Of the 145k deaths in the US, the NE is responsible for 74,019 (as of this morning)

Conn- 4,406 Penn- 7,125 Del- 527
NY- 32,228 Mary- 3,405 NH- 402
NJ- 15,707 Rhode- 997 Maine- 118
Mass- 8,468 DC- 580 Vermont- 56

Add in California 8,038 and you have 82,057 of the 145k in the US 57% total deaths

I'll correct @Garnet chicken statement... US NE responsible for ALMOST half the deaths.

Of the 145k deaths in the US, the NE is responsible for 74,019 (as of this morning)

Conn- 4,406 Penn- 7,125 Del- 527
NY- 32,228 Mary- 3,405 NH- 402
NJ- 15,707 Rhode- 997 Maine- 118
Mass- 8,468 DC- 580 Vermont- 56

Add in California 8,038 and you have 82,057 of the 145k in the US 57% total deaths

Yeah, I wonder I'd numbers are still spin proof?

I looked at just NY. 6% of population, 22% of deaths. (Oddly close to US stats vs the world) Just NJ, about 2% population and they add another 11% of the deaths.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
And we have ONE President of the UNITED STATES. POTUS gets the credit when things go well in the country and the blame when things don't go well in the country. That may be fair or unfair. Regardless, that's the nature of the beast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT