ADVERTISEMENT

Why don't we try to get the Polynesians that BYU and Utah get?

mavcock

Apr 20, 2002
Mauldin, SC
Our weather is better, our college girls are prettier and our food tops out. Why can't we get them? It's worth the extra 2000 mile flight.

Our weather is better, our college girls are prettier and our food tops out. Why can't we get them? It's worth the extra 2000 mile flight.
I have wondered about that too. We also need a couple of Wisconsin farm boys on the O-line.

Reactions: Brace1
Because there is a Polynesian Village in Hawaii started by the Mormons. Mormons have an inside track to those people.
The Polynesian Village is owned by BYU. More to the point of recruiting, is that the LDS Church was been a presence in Samoa since the late 1800's. So schools like BYU, Utah have an inside track to these players.

Mormon/LDS missionaries in the Pacific may have established a connection to the Utah schools.

That's why, until Pope John Paul II came to Columbia, all Catholic 5 star football players were required to attend Notre Dame or they would go to Hell.

“It is wonderful to be young,” the Pope told the students. “It is wonderful to be young and to be a student. It is wonderful to be young and to be a student at the University of South Carolina.”

Reactions: okccock
I would agree with you except for Snow Skiing, I use to love to Snow Ski back in the day but a little too old for that now. Well not really, I just need to get off of my butt and go.

I’m retired from cold weather activity.
Rather fish, golf , lake, beach etc....
Work gets me too close the cold once or twice a year & that’s more than enough

Bronco is getting quite a few at Virginia for obvious reasons. Seems interesting at first how you’d balance out the missions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT