ADVERTISEMENT

Why is the 11 seed games a play in game?

Whoever those teams are they assign them a seed to play in. Could be any number to match who is left to play in.

Attendance. Nobody would show up to watch four unknown teams, but when you have a Syracuse and UCLA playing, you can sell out Dayton Arena.

It just seems mathematically wrong to have the 11 seed have a harder road than the 12th and 13th seeds. At some point you are doing injury to the validity of the tournament. I bet No 4 seeds playing in would have even bigger audiences than 11 seeds, why not do that too?

Reactions: vacock#
IMO the play in games should all be to snag 16 seed spots. The 16 seed has literally never won a game...why not give those schools a chance to at least win something before the slaughter? Makes no sense to have two be 16s and two 11s.

And yes I know you're supposed to call them "opening round" games, not "play in" games but...they're play in games

Reactions: HI Cock
IMO the play in games should all be to snag 16 seed spots. The 16 seed has literally never won a game...why not give those schools a chance to at least win something before the slaughter? Makes no sense to have two be 16s and two 11s.

And yes I know you're supposed to call them "opening round" games, not "play in" games but...they're play in games

16 seed cashed in !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT