ADVERTISEMENT

Why is the media such Clemson Apologist?

Spur_Em_All

Sep 2, 2016
What does Clemson hold over the media? I keep hearing, it’s not Clemson’s fault the ACC is down or their schedule is weak. Where were these people when UCF was held out of the Championship? I don’t hear enough uproar beyond the bitter Gamecock fans? I’m afraid the trend will become, play no one, get to the championship game. Will every Saturday become a 40 point spread for every team... all season long? Boring.

During the game, the analyst said that it’s not Clemson’s fault but they are clearly one of the best teams in the country and therefore deserve to be in the Championship. Wasn’t that the purpose of the Championship series? To take away the media’s speculations? I think ESPN wanted to take it away from other media outlets so they could manipulate the outcome themselves. Allowing Alabama and Auburn to cannibalize each other for ratings and then setting Clemson up makes no sense to me. But, I bet they have monetized this some how. Come on, let at least one jag off on air question the schedule!!

Look, Clemson is a good team, maybe a great team. But, keeping them out of the series would solve their ongoing issue with never playing anyone. You can bet they would figure out in hurry how schedule someone. A team that has no injuries that I can think of that has coasted to the Championship game. Ridiculous

Reactions: Cock In Space
No one forces any school to stay somewhere. We choose to be a prostitute for the money. Bama, LSU, UGA, Auburn, and maybe Florida are the pimps. Clemson is smarter than we are. FSU was smarter at the time.

We take the humiliation for the money. Meanwhile, Clemson chose to go all in on football in a basketball conference. Their plan has worked.

What does Clemson hold over the media? I keep hearing, it’s not Clemson’s fault the ACC is down or their schedule is weak. Where were these people when UCF was held out of the Championship? I don’t hear enough uproar beyond the bitter Gamecock fans? I’m afraid the trend will become, play no one, get to the championship game. Will every Saturday become a 40 point spread for every team... all season long? Boring.

During the game, the analyst said that it’s not Clemson’s fault but they are clearly one of the best teams in the country and therefore deserve to be in the Championship. Wasn’t that the purpose of the Championship series? To take away the media’s speculations? I think ESPN wanted to take it away from other media outlets so they could manipulate the outcome themselves. Allowing Alabama and Auburn to cannibalize each other for ratings and then setting Clemson up makes no sense to me. But, I bet they have monetized this some how. Come on, let at least one jag off on air question the schedule!!

Look, Clemson is a good team, maybe a great team. But, keeping them out of the series would solve their ongoing issue with never playing anyone. You can bet they would figure out in hurry how schedule someone. A team that has no injuries that I can think of that has coasted to the Championship game. Ridiculous

You mean like:
- Texas A&M x2
- Auburn x3
- Georgia x2
- Notre Dame

Not to mention bowls or playoffs against:
- Oklahoma x2
- Ohio State
- Alabama x3
- LSU

Really weak argument. I could go on or just leave this here https://clemsontigers.com/clemson-georgia-series-2032-2033/

But they have to play their conference. It's not like they can wait til the preseason top 25 comes out and say....ok we'll schedule the top 12. It's only 3 games to schedule with 8 conf and SC. They've done home and home with GA, AU and A&M....all ranked in the top 10 when the schedule was made. Sometimes it's just timing that pans out for certain teams.

The year they won the first title with Watson they beat 3 top 15 matchup in a row (AU, Louis, VT) and had beaten 7 of the previous National Champions in the same year....capped off by taking out 2 of the top coaches ever in Meyer and Saban. The fact that they have proven to beat the big boys time and time again is why they somewhat get a pass on the conf being down. When you beat the other 2 undefeated teams in the playoffs just as bad as the weak teams....does it really matter? The schedule and path has been easier than ever this year no doubt, but you can't penalize a clearly great team just because the opponents didn't do their part. Even tho they have been being #3 instead of #1. Anyway just my opinion on the matter.

Last edited:
Then why is the media apologizing for Clemson’s weak schedule? Now, that makes even less sense.

And, you want history to apply to this years’ playoffs?

... keeping them out of the series would solve their ongoing issue with never playing anyone. You can bet they would figure out in hurry how schedule someone. A team that has no injuries that I can think of that has coasted to the Championship game. Ridiculous
Here are some facts about who Clemson has played. In the last 3 seasons (2016, 2017, 2018) versus teams that finished in the FINAL Top 25 poll Clemson has the most wins in the country against ranked teams with 14 wins and only 1 loss. That actually is tied with Bama who also had 14.

If you look at only regular season wins, Clemson and Bama both have the most regular season wins the last 3 years against teams ranked in the FINAL Top 25 poll with 8 each. So either way you want to look at it, no apologies are needed from Bama and Clemson for their scheduling habits.

Clemson didn't have the opportunity to play as many ranked teams in the regular season this year, but that isn't their fault. And contrary to the fan opinions of those who are sick of seeing them win, it doesn't translate to past seasons like you want to pretend it does. It isn't an "ongoing issue".

Here are some facts about who Clemson has played. In the last 3 seasons (2016, 2017, 2018) versus teams that finished in the FINAL Top 25 poll Clemson has the most wins in the country against ranked teams with 14 wins and only 1 loss. That actually is tied with Bama who also had 14.

If you look at only regular season wins, Clemson and Bama both have the most regular season wins the last 3 years against teams ranked in the FINAL Top 25 poll with 8 each. So either way you want to look at it, no apologies are needed from Bama and Clemson for their scheduling habits.

Clemson didn't have the opportunity to play as many ranked teams in the regular season this year, but that isn't their fault. And contrary to the fan opinions of those who are sick of seeing them win, it doesn't translate to past seasons like you want to pretend it does. It isn't an "ongoing issue".

You can cherry pick stats all you want but look at same as applied to regular season games only during the CFP years. Criticism of Clempson's 2019 road to the CFP is legit and deserved. Even your conference championship games wins didn't come against elite teams.

You can cherry pick stats all you want but look at same as applied to regular season games only during the CFP years. Criticism of Clempson's 2019 road to the CFP is legit and deserved. Even your conference championship games wins didn't come against elite teams.
Did you read the whole post? I gave you wins for regular season only as well. Clemson and Bama have the most wins in REGULAR SEASON (excludes champ games and playoffs) versus teams that finished ranked.

Reactions: FJRTiger
Did you read the whole post? I gave you wins for regular season only as well. Clemson and Bama have the most wins in REGULAR SEASON (excludes champ games and playoffs) versus teams that finished ranked.

Analyze those rankings a little.

They played two teams from the SEC this year and blew them both out. Just sayin'.

Reactions: Zann77

So do you honestly believe that CU should not be in the 4? They are absolutely one of the top 4 teams. I don’t care who they played this year. They’ve blow them all out except 1.

I'll play along. These threads are for losers. I seriously doubt the CFP committee is going to use opinions on FGF as a metric.

BTW...anybody familiar with the op?

Reactions: FJRTiger
For 16-17 weeks Klemsux gets to practice and then scrimmage ACC teams. Then they take a well rested, uninjured group of steroid juiced players into the post-season and dominate with a full roster of the highest payroll team in college football. If you believe players are coming to the chicken farm because of "family atmosphere" and "Christian dablo", I don't think so. 5-stars from Kansas, California, Texas, Louisiana, Florida, and New Jersey don't come to just play football at this chicken coop. It's about massive monetary benefits including homes and jobs for parents at above standard wages.

Since I'm an old man, I may never see the complete demise of klemsux football, but when it does happen Lord dablow will be lucky to get out of that chicken farm on his John Deere in one piece. He will be wealthy, but soon forgotten and buried.

No one forces any school to stay somewhere. We choose to be a prostitute for the money. Bama, LSU, UGA, Auburn, and maybe Florida are the pimps. Clemson is smarter than we are. FSU was smarter at the time.

We take the humiliation for the money. Meanwhile, Clemson chose to go all in on football in a basketball conference. Their plan has worked.
Their sublimity has highlighted our idiocy.

Yes Clemson’s schedule is a joke. No, it is not their fault. They have zero control of any other team. Yes, I do believe their weak schedule puts them in a better place health wise going into the playoffs which is an advantage for them. The fact that they are able to pull starters at the end of the third quarter helps them develop players for the future. But to act like they are only good because if that schedule is just plain stupid. They seem to hold their own against anyone right now.

I know they have another high profile guy coming in, but I’m hoping that after next year they will start to come back down. They hit the jackpot with their last two QBs.

Reactions: Zann77 and NetworkX
And at the end of the game, the 2 ESPN announcers were telling us to keep Muschamp, he is close to turning it around... they are tater lovers of course they want us to keep Muschamp.

Reactions: Robhawk29
Look, Clemson is a good team, maybe a great team. But, keeping them out of the series would solve their ongoing issue with never playing anyone. You can bet they would figure out in hurry how schedule someone. A team that has no injuries that I can think of that has coasted to the Championship game. Ridiculous [/QUOTE]

OP, based on this year's W-L results and watching the quality of football played by each team, who do you think should be in the playoffs?

SEC Championship #4 Georgia vs #1 LSU
ACC Championship #3 Clemsin vs #22 Virginia
Clemsin better bring their A game playing such a highly ranked opponent.

Nobody is talking about the last 3 seasons. We are talking about this season. You do not and should not get credit for who you beat in previous seasons when being considered for the current playoff.

Taters are one of the top three teams in the country......schedule sux but they are really good. Hoping we get a good OC. They lose 4 o line starters, Simmons, Etienne, Higgins and Ross will leave for nfl.....unless the tater bagman steps up again like he did when 3 first round draft picks decided how much they “loved” clemsux.

For 16-17 weeks Klemsux gets to practice and then scrimmage ACC teams. Then they take a well rested, uninjured group of steroid juiced players into the post-season and dominate with a full roster of the highest payroll team in college football. If you believe players are coming to the chicken farm because of "family atmosphere" and "Christian dablo", I don't think so. 5-stars from Kansas, California, Texas, Louisiana, Florida, and New Jersey don't come to just play football at this chicken coop. It's about massive monetary benefits including homes and jobs for parents at above standard wages.

Since I'm an old man, I may never see the complete demise of klemsux football, but when it does happen Lord dablow will be lucky to get out of that chicken farm on his John Deere in one piece. He will be wealthy, but soon forgotten and buried.
You are a complete moron!

For people that continue bashing Clemson’s schedule, we do realize these schedules are made many years in advance. Although their schedule wasn’t very difficult this year, but for Gamecock fans to be making fun of Clemson and the ACC is absurd. You may wanna beat a team in said conference before you bash them. Look at the bright side, you don’t have to be worried about losing to the ACC again this year but the streak is 0-5.

Nobody is talking about the last 3 seasons. We are talking about this season. You do not and should not get credit for who you beat in previous seasons when being considered for the current playoff.
Wrong. The OP, which is who I was replying to, was referring to our schedule as an "ongoing issue". I was simply stating a fact that our schedule, which happened to be down this year, was not an "ongoing issue".

You nailed it. That is a mountain load of evidence and I can't believe the NCAA hasn't figured it out or at least been on FGF

Wrong. The OP, which is who I was replying to, was referring to our schedule as an "ongoing issue". I was simply stating a fact that our schedule, which happened to be down this year, was not an "ongoing issue".
I was referring to the Media apologizing for Clemson having a weak ass schedule this season although, historically speaking, they play a fairly weak schedule most years. If you can't admit Clemson has an easier path than most to the playoffs then you're in serious denial.

Taters are one of the top three teams in the country......schedule sux but they are really good. Hoping we get a good OC. They lose 4 o line starters, Simmons, Etienne, Higgins and Ross will leave for nfl.....unless the tater bagman steps up again like he did when 3 first round draft picks decided how much they “loved” clemsux.
Ross has another year. Only a true sophomore.

While I agree that Clempson’s ACC schedule is weak, we do have a chance each year to prove it by beating them on the field after they have played all the ACC games. We shouldn’t be trying to de-legitimize their resume when they destroy us every year.

You do have a point UCF was bashed for their weak Schedule.[/QUOTE
And how many Top 10 teams has USF beaten? How many times hasa Group of 5 proven themselves worthy of the CFP? The a-she-she has won enough nattys with klimpson alone that they get a pass for a weak conference schedule. But it's not always that way. 3 or 4 years ago it was rated by most as the toughest conference. The Ville was #3 and klim was #5 when they played. FSU, VaTech, Miami won't always be down, much like bama won't always be at the top (was just reading an article today about the fact that bama had been irrelevant more recently than klim.

For 16-17 weeks Klemsux gets to practiroce and then scrimmage ACC teams. Then they take a well rested, uninjured group of steroid juiced players into the post-season and dominate with a full roster of the highest payroll team in college football. If you believe players are coming to the chicken farm because of "family atmosphere" and "Christian dablo", I don't think so. 5-stars from Kansas, California, Texas, Louisiana, Florida, and New Jersey don't come to just play football at this chicken coop. It's about massive monetary benefits including homes and jobs for parents at above standard wages.

you are one really ignored person...but if it makes you feel good about your below average program...go for it

What does any of that have to do with this season? "Clemson didn't have the opportunity to play as many ranked teams in the regular season this year".... well, you're right I guess. But as many? They didn't play a single ranked team. Texas A&M was ranked in the preseason polls which don't mean dick, and they were a 5 loss team with close wins over Ole Miss and Arkansas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT