ADVERTISEMENT

Why it's time to panic (Gamecock Baseball)

While I don't disagree with looking elsewhere for an AD at the time, Holbrook was the "coach-in-waiting" under Tanner, and it was a good move to hire Holbrook. Only in retrospect do we see it wasn't good.
True they say hindsight is 20 20. But at the time we were an elite program and should have gone for an elite AD and baseball coach.

10 years ago we won our 2nd national championship and in the middle of a historic post season run, and were one of the top programs in America, there wasn't anything that could stop us. Now after years of Holbrook and Kingston baseball, we are mediocre at best, and today's recruits have never seen Gamecock baseball win anything. Even Tennessee has passed us as a program.

Even if we had won today, we are still recruiting and performing in the middle of the pack in the SEC in a sport that is supposed to be our best. Only at Carolina can we screw something great up this badly. What makes the problem worse is the complete and total failure of USC Athletic Department in every sport except WBB, it's not even mediocrity anymore, it's just failure. big time changes are needed or this pathetic display of ineptitude will continue.
FAIL !

10 years ago we won our 2nd national championship and in the middle of a historic post season run, and were one of the top programs in America, there wasn't anything that could stop us. Now after years of Holbrook and Kingston baseball, we are mediocre at best, and today's recruits have never seen Gamecock baseball win anything. Even Tennessee has passed us as a program.

Even if we had won today, we are still recruiting and performing in the middle of the pack in the SEC in a sport that is supposed to be our best. Only at Carolina can we screw something great up this badly. What makes the problem worse is the complete and total failure of USC Athletic Department in every sport except WBB, it's not even mediocrity anymore, it's just failure. big time changes are needed or this pathetic display of ineptitude will continue.

You took a long time to get to this? Why? The hole, though, is getting deeper. Only hope - WBB and Dawn.

One of many cry baby threads he made that did nit age well. I hope this team really tears it up through the playoffs and makes a couple of “fans” on this forum go into hiding! SO Pumped to have us hosting playoff games in Columbia again!
this didn't age well

this didn't age well
It did. We hosted. I said I hope we tear through the regional. Never predicted a thing… Clearly you have no clue what that phrase means, which comes as no surprise to me. I know this is a big victory lap for you to come and celebrate after we lose, but that is a pathetic fail of an attempt to call someone out. Again, no surprise given the source. Nobody wants to listen to your BS here today, everyone sees what an asshole you are. Please, by all means though, give us more examples.

Grasshopper: After 10 yrs here the garnet (know nothing), necks on FGF were calling for Ray’s head, but some baseballers knew a foundation had been built…….hell, without a doubt one of the best teams we’ve ever had lost a super at home to a sun belt team!

Just curious why you are hanging with the Gamecocks.
Follow you all a little because daughter graduated from South Carolina. Yes I did pay the out-of state tuition which did benefit some kid from South Carolina. She did get a good education though.

Follow you all a little because daughter graduated from South Carolina. Yes I did pay the out-of state tuition which did benefit some kid from South Carolina. She did get a good education though.
Well...you’ve got a smart daughter if she chose USC! You are part of the family...welcome!

Reactions: 1977 Cat
Grasshopper: After 10 yrs here the garnet (know nothing), necks on FGF were calling for Ray’s head, but some baseballers knew a foundation had been built…….hell, without a doubt one of the best teams we’ve ever had lost a super at home to a sun belt team!
It's different with Kingston, he is still committed to power hitting and the same loser type of baseball so the strikeouts will continue, Kingston could hire the best hitting coach ever but he will still have the most say like Muschamp did with the offense, you have to replace the head guy and stop hoping for a miracle assistant coach to walk through that door and fix all our problems.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT