ADVERTISEMENT

Will Frank's Boy ever have a SEC winning season???

I'm just throwing this out there,I'm not for or against Shane Beamer at this point,but people keep referring to him as "Frank's boy" inferring that he's not as good as his dad or what ever,but I've been around awhile and I know it took Frank along time to get VT to where he did.
Frank Beamer took over a Va Tech team that was 9-2 in 1986, 6-5 in 85, 8-4 in 84, 9-2 in 83. So the previous 4 years they were a very solid program under their winningest coach Bill Dooley. He left for Wake Forest and Beamer took over, going 2-9, 3-8, 6-4 then 6-5 in his first 4 years.

Frank Beamer took over a Va Tech team that was 9-2 in 1986, 6-5 in 85, 8-4 in 84, 9-2 in 83. So the previous 4 years they were a very solid program under their winningest coach Bill Dooley. He left for Wake Forest and Beamer took over, going 2-9, 3-8, 6-4 then 6-5 in his first 4 years.
Yeah but isn't he considered a hall of fame type coach for what he was able to do there over the long term,that's my point

I'm just throwing this out there,I'm not for or against Shane Beamer at this point,but people keep referring to him as "Frank's boy" inferring that he's not as good as his dad or what ever,but I've been around awhile and I know it took Frank along time to get VT to where he did.

To my knowledge, I am the jerk who came up with 'Frank's BOY'. Why? Because of all the possible candidates for a Head Coaching position in the South East Conference, WE, selected "FRANK's BOY!!!" Whose ONLY QUALIFICATION was being Frank Beamer's kid. May the Gamecock's BBQ until this sin is acknowledged.

Yeah but isn't he considered a hall of fame type coach for what he was able to do there over the long term,that's my point
Yes eventually he had them running great. Great era he had there.

To my knowledge, I am the jerk who came up with 'Frank's BOY'. Why? Because of all the possible candidates for a Head Coaching position in the South East Conference, WE, selected "FRANK's BOY!!!" Whose ONLY QUALIFICATION was being Frank Beamer's kid. May the Gamecock's BBQ until this sin is acknowledged.

I do wonder, if his name was Josh White but with an identical resume’ does he get the job?

To answer the question, no. 2024 is another brutal schedule and we will be decimated by the portal.

In 2025, the SEC is probably going to a 9 game conference schedule. So we would need to win 5 SEC games rather than 4 to finish .500 or better.

We will stiill beat Vandy. Missouri and Kentucky will forever be 50/50 toss ups at best. And I just dont see 3 SEC teams that we can collectively beat all in the same year from now on

It’s not looking good. But I am going to say….. YES…. to send positive vibes. He will have winning record here at Carolina. Just not this season.

😬

Last edited:
Being Frank Beamer’s son was his “ONLY QUALIFICATION”??? Wow, he must have falsified his resume with all of those coaching/recruiting jobs under numerous world-class head coaches.

Implying.

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123
There's no long-term anymore for programs that lose big more than two years in a row anytime after the first year.

However that is not the whole story. Dooley was forced to resign due to NCAA violations. Due to those violations, VT was penalized, and limited to 85 total scholarships in 1988, 1989 and just 17 initial scholarships in 1989.
I'm not a FB apologist, but he walked into a unmitigated Cluster ....
I doubt anyone could have done much better given his circumstances.

However that is not the whole story. Dooley was forced to resign due to NCAA violations. Due to those violations, VT was penalized, and limited to 85 total scholarships in 1988, 1989 and just 17 initial scholarships in 1989.
I'm not a FB apologist, but he walked into a unmitigated Cluster ....
I doubt anyone could have done much better given his circumstances.
Good elucidation.

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT