ADVERTISEMENT

Will Saban explain......

NaturalGC7

Aug 22, 2014
Concord, NC
to the referee and coaches associations what an illegal pick is. He certainly has film to show from the college football playoffs. They also need to identify offensive lineman running down field on pass attempts before the ball is thrown.

Well he is stating a fact. I Remrnber the Miami and Ohio stste chsmpionship game. The referee made a critical call at end of the game that affected the winner. These referees chose to not make the call even if it was obvious.

to the referee and coaches associations what an illegal pick is. He certainly has film to show from the college football playoffs. They also need to identify offensive lineman running down field on pass attempts before the ball is thrown.

Well he is stating a fact. I Remrnber the Miami and Ohio stste chsmpionship game. The referee made a critical call at end of the game that affected the winner. These referees chose to not make the call even if it was obvious.

He is not stating a fact. Watch it again, did they mean to set the pic? Yes. Watson said as much. But unfortunately the db tackled the pic reciever and the second db could not get out of the way in time.

I agree with Jeff, get over it, makes you look small.

After the way the taters seemingly ALWAYS got the break needed to win a handful of close games this year is it any surprise it happened yet again in their favor?

Simply amazing at how things always seemed to go their way when needed. UL Receiver who didn't know where the first down marker was. Fla St O linemen jumping offsides at home multiple times in final drive. NC ST kicker. Etc...etc...
So the way they won the title was just par for the course

The taters ran 98 plays. Ain't nobody gonna keep up with that!

The taters ran 98 plays. Ain't nobody gonna keep up with that!
Don't hit them with truth, they don't like it. That's why these tater post turn into 3 or 4 pages long. Dabo and clemson beat the mighty Bama for the NC and that's the end of the story. Some people are just embarrassing themselves. Let it go.

Reactions: 1983Grad

Let it go, man.
Refs missed important penalties on Bama, too.

'Despite what your favorite college football conspiracy theorist might have told you, pick plays are not explicitly illegal. Their purposeful design requires precision and, when run correctly, can produce separation in short yardage situations where space is at a premium.'
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/213207396/clemson-renfrow-winning-td-pick

Let it go, dont let it go. Hate to see such a close/important game come down to a questionable call. IMO, it was an illegal play. Refs opinion is more important though.

I am so over that game. They deserved it, they won it fair and square- a penalty that is not called IS NOT A PENALTY!!! If the flag doesn't come out then the play was 100% legal. It was Bama's job to stop them, they couldn't do it- they had chances all up and down the field all night those two pic plays were not what won the game for clemzun... the 96 other plays on offense helped them too and if Bama's D was half as good as everyone said it was going into the game that last play would not have mattered. Congrats to clemzun! This was their last shot because the ENTIRE TEAM IS GONE! Sure, they have good players coming in, but there will be a drop off after Watson and damn near EVERY receiver/ RB who contributed to the offense leaves... Not to mention all their losses on D.

We have a chance to come a whole lot closer to catching up to them this year and an opp to start our own historic run. That is what our fans should be talking about IMO.

I am so over that game. They deserved it, they won it fair and square- a penalty that is not called IS NOT A PENALTY!!! If the flag doesn't come out then the play was 100% legal. It was Bama's job to stop them, they couldn't do it- they had chances all up and down the field all night those two pic plays were not what won the game for clemzun... the 96 other plays on offense helped them too and if Bama's D was half as good as everyone said it was going into the game that last play would not have mattered. Congrats to clemzun! This was their last shot because the ENTIRE TEAM IS GONE! Sure, they have good players coming in, but there will be a drop off after Watson and damn near EVERY receiver/ RB who contributed to the offense leaves... Not to mention all their losses on D.

We have a chance to come a whole lot closer to catching up to them this year and an opp to start our own historic run. That is what our fans should be talking about IMO.
I would hardly say they won it fair and square. Using your logic, I guess if nobody saw a crime committed, then a crime wasn't committed. I guess that's why some can get away with murder.

Quit being a loser and drop it

Bama screwed the pooch. If they would have tackled every receiver at the line of scrimmage then Clemson would have had to kick the fg. Then Who knows what happens in ot. Of course the Refs would have called the penalty, but they don't put the time back on the clock. The mentality of thinking you are better than them And can stop them cost bama the shot at ot.

But don't blame the pick. It was a great call. Even if they call the penalty Clemson would have kicked the fg. It was a no lose situation.

Geesh....go figure. Three taters telling me to get over it.
No, just people who realize that game was over two weeks ago. And you're still here, on a Gamecock board, trying to find a way to take backhanded shots a team who whipped us 56-7. GET. OVER. IT. Look forward to next season. W have them at home, and they'll have an untested freshman qb. We might be able to outscore them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT