ADVERTISEMENT

Williams-Brice

benjicocky

Jul 26, 2003
Heath Springs SC
Years ago on here there was a discussion as to why the stadium was so far from campus and we needed an on-campus stadium. I had always wanted a new stadium built where the old PE Center is located so the students could walk down the hill and be there. I stated back then that with 5 Points within walking distance, it was the perfect place. Then The Vista took off and it REALLY was the perfect spot with all the nightlife after the games.

Now, with the campus growing in the direction of the stadium (and The Vista), we may have an on-campus stadium after all. Not in my lifetime, but someday. Williams-Brice offers so much with all the renovations. It is going to be spectacular and the tailgating is really better than at Clemson and Georgia. Why better? Because our tailgaters are all within a 10 minute walk (bigger areas) of everyone else. If you want to visit other tailgaters and you know where they are set up, it is an easy walk. I have tailgated at Clemson and Georgia and you pretty much stay where you are because your other friends may be a mile away.

I do have a wish however. I do wish we had a couple of streets ( like at The Vista) with bars and eating establishments around or close to the stadium area. I can just imagine after a big win, the whole area covered with Gamecock fans.....music, food, and beverages of your choice. THAT would make it more "on campus" and everyone would enjoy that atmosphere,

Just a thought.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News