ADVERTISEMENT

Wish Spurrier had the fire Dabo does...

Mooshie001

Sep 27, 2004
I just sat and watched the Clemson game with my wife. She is a Clemson fan so I pull for them to win when they when they aren't playing us.

I had just watched Spurrier's woe is me, the refs phantoms calls, they were just better than us, better coaches than us, blah blah press conference.

Then I see Dabo angry, coaching, running around trying to keep his team on track. As much as the guy looks like a doofus at least he has passion and intensity and seems to get results.

I remember when Spurrier used to get mad as hell, rally the troops, scramble to set up plays on the fly, throw his headset around.

As much as I love the HBC maybe for Spurrier the thrill is gone for good.

Reactions: scirish77
Of all the HBC's out there in the Top Ten Programs, how many of them act like that just got laid (Dabo) in the post game interview? Zero. Good teams come down to recruiting five star players (not three star players), facilities, and most important of all...coaching. We (USC) attracts very few four star players...mostly three and two star guys. We (USC) spends little money on recruiting compared to other programs. We (USC) have made strides in our facilities, but mostly likely they pale in comparison the the Alabamas, LSUs, Ohio States, and other programs that continue to be successful. Alumni donations pale in comparison to other programs. We (USC) have done well under Spurrier but change sometimes is a good thing (Florida for instance). Our teams play with no passion...just going through the motions. And it makes me sick.

The only 5 star players we get are from South Carolina and grew up Gamecock fans.

Hell, we can't even get a visit from an out of state 5 star player.

Reactions: NC_cock_fan
I just sat and watched the Clemson game with my wife. She is a Clemson fan so I pull for them to win when they when they aren't playing us.

I had just watched Spurrier's woe is me, the refs phantoms calls, they were just better than us, better coaches than us, blah blah press conference.

Then I see Dabo angry, coaching, running around trying to keep his team on track. As much as the guy looks like a doofus at least he has passion and intensity and seems to get results.

I remember when Spurrier used to get mad as hell, rally the troops, scramble to set up plays on the fly, throw his headset around.

As much as I love the HBC maybe for Spurrier the thrill is gone for good.

You have GOT to be kidding me. The guy is a doofus and embarrassing. I don't think the ESPN cut away was an accident. Immaturity doesn't even begin to describe Dilbo. He has a good recruiting plan and some good assistants. Plus he plays a VERY soft schedule. The toughest team they play had 6 starters missing. Who's that lucky....Climpson.

It's not just Dabo.

Under Dabo's leadership, he has created an environment at Clemson that tells recruits that Clemson is the place to be now for football.

He's done that by hiring multiple, experienced people to do things like assist with recruiting, and the entire recruiting program. Clemson has hired a boatload of people to help with that aspect of their recruiting. They don't miss anything. They dot all of their "I's" and cross all their "T's"

They are in every high school in South Carolina at one point or another. USC isn't and that isn't a secret.

Plus, Dabo personally involves himself HEAVILY in the recruiting of the top prospects. He does personal family tours around campus, and around Clemson, and of his home, etc...

As crazy as it sounds, that matters and makes a difference.

It's not just Dabo.

Under Dabo's leadership, he has created an environment at Clemson that tells recruits that Clemson is the place to be now for football.

He's done that by hiring multiple, experienced people to do things like assist with recruiting, and the entire recruiting program. Clemson has hired a boatload of people to help with that aspect of their recruiting. They don't miss anything. They dot all of their "I's" and cross all their "T's"

They are in every high school in South Carolina at one point or another. USC isn't and that isn't a secret.

Plus, Dabo personally involves himself HEAVILY in the recruiting of the top prospects. He does personal family tours around campus, and around Clemson, and of his home, etc...

As crazy as it sounds, that matters and makes a difference.

You are right. Why can't our coach see this

I don't like it a bit but the truth is the taters are moving in a completely different direction than we are. Meanwhile our fans are content with what Spurrier has done for us in the past rather than what he's not doing for us right now. It's gonna be a long rest of the season.

This is Spurrier's last year. I think he knows it and that is the way it should be at this point.

I don't like it a bit but the truth is the taters are moving in a completely different direction than we are. Meanwhile our fans are content with what Spurrier has done for us in the past rather than what he's not doing for us right now. It's gonna be a long rest of the season.

Why do football players at this level need someone running around getting them fired up? There is a such thing as self-motivation.Emotion may help some the first play or two, but after that you're out there on your own.

Why do football players at this level need someone running around getting them fired up? There is a such thing as self-motivation.Emotion may help some the first play or two, but after that you're out there on your own.

Unless u got bunch of lazy unmotivated kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT