ADVERTISEMENT

Woody Hayes was such a boss

RashCock

Aug 12, 2011
After a Clemson player intercepted a pass and then cursed him out, Woody went straight to his ass. If only someone could have gone to that Clemson player's parent's ass for never teaching him any discipline.

Reactions: Tall Squirrel
After a Clemson player intercepted a pass and then cursed him out, Woody went straight to his ass. If only someone could have gone to that Clemson player's parent's ass for never teaching him any discipline.

Yeah Woody had discipline. LOL

Seems to be an appropriate exchange: "You cursed at me, therefore I shall physically attack you."

Reactions: gamecockwrestler
Sorry. I'm a Gamecock fan but that is not the way it happened. Woody went ballistic immediately.
What was said or unsaid is still in dispute. Bauman said he didn't say anything but several TOSU players said he was making inappropriate comments to them and Woody was simply defending his players. No one, except those there, will ever know what actually was or wasn't said.

Reactions: Lakecock1
The only people that Woody ever "Attacked" were the hundreds of Japs he killed in the Pacific theater when he was the same age as the Clemson redneck that cursed him out.
Um, do you actually know anything about Woody Hayes? He has a long, well-documented history of attacking sports writers, photographers, university officials, and several others. The guy was a completely unhinged maniac.

A guy that I know is a very straight shooter attended tOSU when Woody was still coaching at tOSU. Anyway the guy that told me the story was in a fraternity at tOSU along with several football players. At supper one night one of the football players was looking kind of "down in the dumps" and the person telling me this story asked another football player why player A had such a sad look on his face. The other player say player A had missed a tackle in practice and Woody called for the same play and Player A missed the tackle again. Then Woody went out onto the field and starting beating player A in the back.

Now that's the way to get a players attention.

Last edited:
Nice try taters. Coach Hayes was an American hero. One who, while at the same age your current coach was sleeping with his own mother, was out there winning a war. Hot head? I didn't see Coach Hayes having policemen fired for doing their duty unlike your hick coach.

This is covered in stupid. Not a tater here for starters. Second what does Dabos whinny ass have to do with this? What Woody did in the war is irrelevant to coaching college football. Sorry facts hurt sometimes.

Nice try taters. Coach Hayes was an American hero. One who, while at the same age your current coach was sleeping with his own mother, was out there winning a war. Hot head? I didn't see Coach Hayes having policemen fired for doing their duty unlike your hick coach.
I'm pretty sure no one has ever called me a Clemson fan. And even if I were, it doesn't change the fact the Woody Hayes was crazy. This same "war hero" justified the murder of 400 unarmed villagers in Vietnam, claiming that all of the Vietnamese male villagers deserved to die, and he isn't sure the women were innocent. He did say the kids were innocent, unless they were older than 5.
Please, RashCock...crawl back into your hole.

My grandfather once owned the most popular joint in Clemson for the students. He helped Mac open Macs Drive In. What would I have to gain by telling anyone this? I’m the family traitor and hater. I’ll lay my cards on the table. A tater I am not. Call me another adhom but at least be accurate.

Just wondering what I missed. An anniversary of some sort? Someone involved just pass away?

This is 2019. Is there a particular reason of note that this is being discussed today?
Please forgive the ignorance, either mine or Opie's

Last edited:
I remember watching it on TV.

No time for any kind of verbal exchange between anybody after the interception and Bauman going out of bounds. It looked to me like Woody got incensed that lowly Clemron could intercept such a pass, that he lost it. And he lost his job the next day.

Was really boneheaded by Hayes. Likely hurt his hand more than the punch hurt the player and it cost him his job. Hell I don’t think I can call that a punch.

OK. Ok. Calling you people taters is probably too nice. Lets start referring to you as Gamecucks instead of sunshine pumpers and taters.

Reactions: Tall Squirrel
You're calling me a tater because I called him a "hot head"? LOL. I love Coach Hayes, have read his book "Fire to Win" and am amazed that he gave his entire estate to TOSU at his death. Also admire the fact that he refused to resign after the game and made them fire him....he didn't want to quit on his players or the school he loved. But that "Fire" he had did explode on occasion. BTW, I received a graduate degree from TOSU and pull for them when they don't play TUSC.

Reactions: Expro19
OK. Ok. Calling you people taters is probably too nice. Lets start referring to you as Gamecucks instead of sunshine pumpers and taters.

Know where the word cuck originated in this country. I’m not impressed and I’m not triggered as you’ve been here. Stop chest pumping it’s not working. I’m being nice it’s Christmas, though your original premise was a major fail.

Reactions: rogue cock
Woody showed more fight by punching Bauman than the entire team did the last time they played

You are the only person on the planet, outside Columbus, OH, to defend Woody Hayes on this.

giphy.gif

Clemson and South Carolina have owned Ohio State. If Woody was coaching now he would not have been surprised, but back then, the idea lowly Clemson from South Carolina could beat them? Perish the thought. He just could not take it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT