ADVERTISEMENT

Words we butcher in the south

err-enj = orange.
True Story.
Had a girl in the drive up window at a fast food location in south Ga, if I wanted and err-enj drink. I asked her to repeat, still having no idea what she's asking me, I turn to my wife (native of Ga) and asked if she would translate for me. "She wants to know if you would like an orange drink"

err-enj = orange.
True Story.
Had a girl in the drive up window at a fast food location in south Ga, if I wanted and err-enj drink. I asked her to repeat, still having no idea what she's asking me, I turn to my wife (native of Ga) and asked if she would translate for me. "She wants to know if you would like an orange drink"
Because we all know it's pronounced "Urnge".

Tennessee trooper stops a Vol fan for speeding. He walks up to the car and asks the driver if he had any ID.

Vol fan says "About what?"

Only in the south...

Reactions: FORKCOCK
"I'm so tarred I benna r-ning by a hot far and hit a'raining"

Need to translate. I get the I'm so tired part but rest is a mystery.

Been burning by a hot fire and it ain't raining.????????
I'm so tired as I've been ironing by a hot fire and it's raining.

• Love
Reactions: jerryusc
"Son, go on through that intersection as they'll take up"

My grandmother remembering her horse and buggy days used to say this to me. "Take up" meaning taking up on the reigns ( slowing down ).

I use catty wampus quite a bit when I refer to something being skewed or off center at work. I also call an adjustable wrench a thumb wrench. At first, I got a few wth looks and comments. Now, my lingo has caught on 😂
I call the adjustable wrench a one size fits all wrench. Also acceptable is universal metric-standard wrench.

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT