ADVERTISEMENT

Would Miles consider us?

IrmoRed

Nov 15, 2014
If he goes,he may leave the SEC. VT would be the best landing spot. Kansas? Us? Interested to know your thoughts. For me,this would be a homerun! Assuming LSU is stupid enough to pull the trigger.
Herman or Miles?(Hypothetically) Fuente included,as well as Smart.
Im leaning Miles,but allegiance sends him out of conference.

Yea, let's hire another washed up coach. Don't you guys understand, we'll be right back in the same situation we're in now. Schools will use his age to recruit against us. South Carolina is not a retirement home.

If he can't win at LSU with the players he has, what makes you think he can win here?

I'd love to see Les here just for the entertainment value. The man can recruit, but doubt he would have the same drawing power at USC as he did at LSU. And I doubt seriously that Tanner would pull the trigger on this even if Miles would take the job. Not sure the masses want another older coach who may have seen his best days in the rear view mirror, looking for one last day in the sun.

Yea, let's hire another washed up coach. Don't you guys understand, we'll be right back in the same situation we're in now. Schools will use his age to recruit against us. South Carolina is not a retirement home.

If he can't win at LSU with the players he has, what makes you think he can win here?
Really, I smell tater.

Sabin is 64.....Les is 62.

That's my only reservation.....age. 5 more years then were searching again? Would be nice to have some really long term stability.

I could see Les walking away with 15M and heading to the commentator booth.

Personally I'd rather have Herman or Smart but I wouldn't be disappointed with Miles as our hire.

Sabin is 64.....Les is 62.

That's my only reservation.....age. 5 more years then were searching again? Would be nice to have some really long term stability.

I could see Les walking away with 15M and heading to the commentator booth.

Your not getting a guarantee with anyone that comes!

Les did me in in the Chic fil A bowl a couple of years back. Clemson has no time outs left, they have not stopped Cecil the Diesel on the ground all night and Miles lets Metzenberger throw three incomplete passes. Clemson takes it and scores and wins. All Les had to do was run it twice and the clock runs out. You have to practice being that stupid. We need a young coach who will cock his hat sideways, pull his pants halfway down and do the nae nae and the stanky leg with the team after the game.

Reactions: ForeverToThee8414
Some will say whatever, some will say good, but there is only one Dabo. That goes with every coach. There's only one Spurrier, one Holtz, one Danny Ford, one Bowden, one Herman, etc.

Reactions: IrmoRed
Really, I smell tater.
is

You sir are correct. There's a reason why he's being fired. Not a good hire for program.

Reactions: Gamecocks321
Nobody does less with more than Les. He can't be anyone with equal and talent and always loses to someone with less talent. My god what a stupid thought.

If the USC powers that be are incredibly STUPID enough to even go after Les Miles, I will never watch another Gamecock football game. Sheer idiocy!

Reactions: CockPete
We are not hiring another 60 something year old coach.

I certainly hope not!!

And this is the reason! I don't get how people can't see that.

If the USC powers that be are incredibly STUPID enough to even go after Les Miles, I will never watch another Gamecock football game. Sheer idiocy!
If you truly feel that way, your not a real gamecock fan. So who cares if you don't watch another game.

I'm not sure Miles has the ability to be a commentator judging by his interviews. He will probably want to land as a HC somewhere and may even consider coming here. However, if Tanner considers Miles, then we need a new AD, imo.

Do you really believe that there is anyone is this world who cares if you ever watch another football game in your life?? No one except yourself and folks around you really care. Believe me, I don't think that anyone on this message board (including myself) would ever be missed.

While I'm not a proponent of hiring Les Miles, I think it is you who doesn't understand. If you go look at the college football landscape today, odds are whomever we hire will not be here in 5 years, whether it be by our choice or theirs. Hire the best guy, regardless of age.

I have no doubt Les Miles is not a candidate for this job. No doubt at all.

5*S aplenty. Great conversation. Thanks and keep going. Plenty of food for thought. Just heard he is 13-10 in the SEC the last 3 years. Wow.

If he goes,he may leave the SEC. VT would be the best landing spot. Kansas? Us? Interested to know your thoughts. For me,this would be a homerun! Assuming LSU is stupid enough to pull the trigger.
Herman or Miles?(Hypothetically) Fuente included,as well as Smart.
Im leaning Miles,but allegiance sends him out of conference.

Done that already with Holtz and Spurrier. Each peaked and left the program in bad shape. Miles would only have a few years in him. But if I were him, I'd take my $15M and go home. It is time to bring in a young passionate coach who can connect with young players and wants to prove himself. Like it or not, a coach like Dabo. Not another old coach who has nothing to prove because they have already been at the top.

It's mind-numbing.

Reactions: GamecockJL
Les seems to be a good coach but Herman appears to be the better choice in my opinion. Herman is a great play caller so if we hire him we'll get a "2 for 1" deal. We would have to pay Les Miles buyout plus hire an OC which seems like it would cost more money. Miles is also 62 years old & in 4-5 years we would be back in the same position we are now looking for another HC.

You people are insane. We shouldn't even consider Les. He's 62 years old! He's notably one of the dumbest coaches in crunch time, he cannot develop a qb, and all his wins are based on talent alone.

Do you really believe that there is anyone is this world who cares if you ever watch another football game in your life?? No one except yourself and folks around you really care. Believe me, I don't think that anyone on this message board (including myself) would ever be missed.
No, no! I'm talking about watching on TV! Not asking for sympathy, just tired of lack of common sense concerning football program.

Les seems to be a good coach but Herman appears to be the better choice in my opinion. Herman is a great play caller so if we hire him we'll get a "2 for 1" deal. We would have to pay Les Miles buyout plus hire an OC which seems like it would cost more money. Miles is also 62 years old & in 4-5 years we would be back in the same position we are now looking for another HC.

We would NOT pay les's buyout. Boosters at LSU have stepped up to pay it. We would wait until he is free and clear before making a binding offer. But, I'm with the majority, hire a younger coach and give him time to build. Cooper may not be the only one leaving so the new guy may find the cupboard a little bare.

Reactions: gamecockblack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT