ADVERTISEMENT

WOW, Georgia LB arrested

He didn't play in the last game, and maybe the one before that, while it was being investigated. But I guess now the investigation has some legs.

Reactions: cockofdawn
So, I encountered a kid who was in a dorm of s female student. Video's show her walking him out at the end of the evening and giving him an obviously voluntary g'night kiss.

Two days later he was arrested by campus cops and charged with rape. She claims she didn't give him permission.

On our campuses, every claim of rape leads to an arrest. This statement in the ESPN reportleads me to belive the purported victim is a student, "the university's Equal Opportunity Office, which handles complaints of sexual assault and Title IX violations, has opened a separate investigation into the allegation."

Not saying he didn't do it but he faces a stacked deck where a college female is involved.

Reactions: GMClemson33
This isnt some 3rd String Punter from New Mexico state, Just saying.. What an Idiot, if this is true..
I don't think idiot is the word, unless the stupid action was using steroids and this is the consequence of an altered state of mind. Any other scenario, then stupidity diminishes how evil the act is.

NOTHING could be further from the truth.
speaking of my experience here in Georgia only. And I will clarify to every ON CAMPUS claim of rape leads to an arrest. Off campus is treated differently because the schools don't push it like they do on campus incidents. Schools have received a lot of criticism for past indifference and are under pressure to push it.

speaking of my experience here in Georgia only. And I will clarify to every ON CAMPUS claim of rape leads to an arrest. Off campus is treated differently because the schools don't push it like they do on campus incidents. Schools have received a lot of criticism for past indifference and are under pressure to push it.
Again, not even remotely true to this day. They go after the serious cases, but the majority of cases, which more often than not are acquaintance rape cases, they try to handle in house.

Were it only so.

Cases like this engender undeserved horribleness no matter what. It's undeservedly horrible for one party if it's true, and it's undeservedly horrible to the other if it's alleged but untrue. It's so fraught emotionally that rationality goes out the window, sometimes along with due process.

Georgia is incredibly deep on defense and at LB in particular.Look for Channing Tindal to take on a larger role.Bigger loss would be the NG.He's unblockable.

In my college days a poor fella was accused of rape simply because the girl got caught cheating. He was a head case weirdo, but didn't deserve the false accusations.

In my college days a poor fella was accused of rape simply because the girl got caught cheating. He was a head case weirdo, but didn't deserve the false accusations.

There are always cases where the cry of rape is manufactured, and obviously there are cases where it's not. All the more reason for due process.

What scares me though, for my sons, is when I read articles about willing parties changing their mind the next day, and altering the consent afterwards.

Again, not even remotely true to this day. They go after the serious cases, but the majority of cases, which more often than not are acquaintance rape cases, they try to handle in house.
Yep. As soon as the women go the "non-criminal" route, Title IX often comes in to play.

Then, it's a guessing game as to whether or not crime is punished.

As much as women are attacked after rape accusations, I seriously doubt there are very many allegations that are fabricated.
As a person that personally knows victims of assault, the vast majority never speak up. The fear to admit it happened to you, how that would “label” you, the ordeal of going through a Rape kit in ER, the fear of people calling you a liar, and if you do accuse you have to one day face the person who put you through the worst experience of your life in court. When someone speaks up, you listen, because automatically assuming they’re lying is just taking away their power all over again.

For the life of me...why would you even put yourself in that position...My nephews were told to go to college, have fun, go to movies with their guy friends, sporting events, study hard, dating can wait till you're out of college...

I am not a big fan of Tebow, but he did get it right in terms of the way you live your life in the moment.... went to UF, studied, hung out with his friends, kept his eye on the prize of an NFL future, and did not worry about trying to get sex....

It just blows my mind these athletes are given everything to be successful to just blow it on, SEX....goodness gracious...

Even if this is not true, he should've never put himself in a position to be scrutinized...

My daughter was raped in a GA college and no one was arrested. You dont know what you are talking about.

Reactions: ToddFlanders
For the life of me...why would you even put yourself in that position...My nephews were told to go to college, have fun, go to movies with their guy friends, sporting events, study hard, dating can wait till you're out of college...

I am not a big fan of Tebow, but he did get it right in terms of the way you live your life in the moment.... went to UF, studied, hung out with his friends, kept his eye on the prize of an NFL future, and did not worry about trying to get sex....

It just blows my mind these athletes are given everything to be successful to just blow it on, SEX....goodness gracious...

Even if this is not true, he should've never put himself in a position to be scrutinized...

Consent is not a hard thing to learn, if you are taught what consent is. Unfortunately, consent is never taught. Especially in highly religious families (Christian and Muslim), and uneducated families.

Even claiming that it is better to be celibate, than to be falsely accused by a female, is just perpetuating the old testament thinking that women are beasts that will drag you down.

How about, confirm that a person that can give consent wants to have sex with you, and then have sex with them. Even if it's the next day, it will actually feel better when you're both sober.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
If you weren't literally there in the room, you actually have no clue about the case. I literally spent 10yrs in the court systems working hundreds of sexual assault cases. It's usually a 50/50 toss up on if there's an actual legit case. Thousands never report rape, but when it comes to reported cases, it's a complete toss up.

True story: teenage girl accuses this teenage boy of rape(got caught cheating basically). It becomes a big deal. The boys father is so mentally distraught that he purchases an insurance policy and goes and kills himself w a pistol. Leaves a note saying to please help my son out of this lie. I as the investigator had already told the prosecutor that things aren't adding up in the case. Within a couple days, the girl and others confirm it was a fabricated story because she was caught. So I got to watch this little snot nosed bitch ruin a family's life because of her lies. I personally wanted to try and push for a charge on her, but the higher ups decided to just wash their hands and let it go. It's one of the many stories within the justice system that made me question why I was in that field.

If you weren't literally there in the room, you actually have no clue about the case. I literally spent 10yrs in the court systems working hundreds of sexual assault cases. It's usually a 50/50 toss up on if there's an actual legit case. Thousands never report rape, but when it comes to reported cases, it's a complete toss up.

True story: teenage girl accuses this teenage boy of rape(got caught cheating basically). It becomes a big deal. The boys father is so mentally distraught that he purchases an insurance policy and goes and kills himself w a pistol. Leaves a note saying to please help my son out of this lie. I as the investigator had already told the prosecutor that things aren't adding up in the case. Within a couple days, the girl and others confirm it was a fabricated story because she was caught. So I got to watch this little snot nosed bitch ruin a family's life because of her lies. I personally wanted to try and push for a charge on her, but the higher ups decided to just wash their hands and let it go. It's one of the many stories within the justice system that made me question why I was in that field.

I rarely see where a false accuser is ever charged. A false charge should carry the same penalty as the alleged crime.

I'm not sure it's 100% reasonable to want college kids not to have sex.

I'm not in the looney boat of saying celibacy is like claiming women are beasts to drag you down, but I'm pretty sure celibacy is pretty rare on college campuses.

“Innocent until proven guilty”

This legal philosophy and Lexington-style BBQ are the two greatest things about America

Agreed. I am disturbed by some (admittedly agenda driven) write ups of how that philosophy is being discarded on college campuses.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
How about, confirm that a person that can give consent wants to have sex with you, and then have sex with them. Even if it's the next day, it will actually feel better when you're both sober.
SEX is heavy...why not wait till after college when you're ready to find your life partner? I would think college kids have enough on their plate with studies, part time jobs or sports, etc. I sure did..I worked studied, and attended athletic events and just wanted to be a college kid...

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
In my experience alcohol is most always a factor in these cases,yet in another thread we are discussing dropping the drinking age to 18.

SEX is heavy...why not wait till after college when you're ready to find your life partner? I would think college kids have enough on their plate with studies, part time jobs or sports, etc. I sure did..I worked studied, and attended athletic events and just wanted to be a college kid...
I appreciate so much you standing up for those moralities. They’re few and far between. I only wish I had not given in so close to the finish line!

I'm not sure it's 100% reasonable to want college kids not to have sex.

No, but it's a lot more common these days.

My son is a senior in high school. Most of his guy friends don't even date anymore. They will go together in groups of 4-8 people when they do go out. But my son prefers not to go out with a big group of people because the chances of someone doing something stupid go up.

My son has 2-3 girls he likes as friends but when you ask him about actually "dating" one girl, he's like "Nah. I don't have time and it won't last past high school anyway. I had rather wait until college or after college" A lot of his guy friends are the exact same.

It's quite a bit different these days. I asked my son about his friends drinking alcohol and such and he says that's really not popular- that the main thing he will see people do is vape.

Plus, most of them seem to prefer to be online gaming with each other than going to a movie with each other.

In addition, we raised our children to wait until they are married and so far it's paid off.

You were a little crass in your description. However, as someone who has defended guys in Family Court and Circuit Court in Sexual Assault cases, you are 100% spot on. The reasons for women to lie are endless. It may be money, It may be due to getting out of uncomfortable situation, but males don't have a patent on lying. One issue that really prohibits society from really getting to the bottom of these issues is that most men really struggle with accusing females of lying. They don't want to be seen as the sexist guy that is accusing a female of lying in this situation. So, many times these cases go on for far longer than they need to and the case ends with the guy or the guy's family getting very little out of it except his freedom. Falsely accused guys don't get an apology. They rarely get money damages because the accuser usually has no money and is judgment proof. They just have to move on as best they can with a cloud over their head.

Last edited:
As much as women are attacked after rape accusations, I seriously doubt there are very many allegations that are fabricated.
Wrong….thus the problem. Women can lie and men can commit rape. Due process needs to happen. Like King said above, it’s bad either way.

Related to this topic, we watched the Last Duel movie on HBO Max last night. Not sure if I "liked" the movie, as it's quite dark in multiple ways. I will say it was thought provoking.

We have 3 daughters - all have birthdays within the next few months - will be 16, 13 and 12. They have been taught since they were little girls that they will be dropped off at the convent on their 17th birthday and will for forever be known as Sister Riley, Sister Reagan and Sister Reese! Ain't no boys ever touchin' my little girls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT