ADVERTISEMENT

Wow........

I call BS on this...So they are trying to tell me that Bama, who has won 2 out of the last 3 BCS titles (5 of the last 10) is 19th? Didn't read it in detail but would love to know the parameters on the questionnaire.

Sounds about right, there's nothing fancy about Bama because there doesn't have to be. Bama sells itself with the tradition and Saban alone, they don't have to take it up an extra notch to present themselves. Those teams at the top tend to go all out and have those brand new high dollar facilities. Like it says, its what the recruits think.

Reactions: galebreak
That stuff would be easier for older folks to figure out if they'd break that up into shorter paragraphs, for starters. Anything with more than two sentences in a paragraph and I start dozing off.

And, I think this is pretty much a crock of hooey.

Each athlete is sure to perceive each school uniquely, but the masses will come to a general sentiment on which school is better than the next. It is absolutely critical for a college football program’s brand to be perceived ahead of its competition by the majority of high school athletes--or at the very least, the majority of high school athletes in a desired segment of the high school athlete population. Jeremy Darlow spoke to us about this dynamic, and shared: "Few brands reach omnipresent levels in which they can be all things to all people, which plays into a team’s favor. If you can identify the brand space that is genuinely unique to your program, you are instantly #1 in the country for that idea."

Here's a thought. Win games, look good doing it and get players the opportunity to get what they want in return for their talents -- whether that's an education, a shot at the NFL, getting laid and/or paid, whatever ....

Reactions: gamecox4982
No. Credibility. Whatsoever.

The article ranked Stanford 9th and Bama 19th in football branding. You don't even need to read anything else in the article to know that these guys are talking out of their a$$es. One has a mascot that looks like a dancing tree and the other is currently one of the strongest dynasties in the history of sports.

Reactions: BigTomE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT