ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Thomas got a nice ride!

Bag looks familiar. Apparently they have a bag man who actually deals with expensive bags too.

Capital+One+Orange+Bowl+Clemson+v+Oklahoma+BmbKGOMcxfvl.jpg

To all taters.... good luck dealing with XT’s father after he gets out of prison. You better hope that someone is in charge of keeping a very close eye on him. My guess is that his fully extended arm and open palm will be a constant thorn in someone’s side. I would definitely be concerned.

Reactions: okccock
The problem is, you can't draw conclusions for one situation based on another. Clemson's recruiting rankings increased exactly at the same time the new facilities were built. Facts are facts.

There are more threads about Clemson on here than on an actual Clemson board. I'd say that's a better indicator of who is obsessed.
I believe even topdeck knows the response to his statement above, no?

To all taters.... good luck dealing with XT’s father after he gets out of prison. You better hope that someone is in charge of keeping a very close eye on him. My guess is that his fully extended arm and open palm will be a constant thorn in someone’s side. I would definitely be concerned.

Kind of like Clowney's dad when he got out of prison.

"In December 1980, a representative of the university's athletic interests gave a prospective student-athlete a substantial amount of cash in return for his signature on a letter of intent, as well as several other gifts;

In December 1980, a representative of the university's athletic interests arranged for a substantial amount of cash to be given to a prospective student-athlete and provided the young man and his mother other gifts;

During Christmas vacation in the 1977-78 academic year, a former assistant football coach arranged for a prospective student-athlete to receive round-trip airline transportation between a junior college he was attending and his home;

During the 1977-78 academic year, a prospective student-athlete made personal long-distance telephone calls through the use of a former assistant football coach's credit card number;

During the 1980-81 academic year, a former assistant football coach and a representative of the university's athletic interests gave two prospective student-athletes cash;"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...1a2-bd99-8de9e774f458/?utm_term=.f05702cf9781

How in the hell are events more than 35 years ago relevant today? We have had 4 or 5 head coaching changes, 3 or 4 administration changes, and three or four AD changes. Plus if the offending alums or boosters that were involved were 40 years old then, they would be over 75 now.
I will admit we cheated then but see no evidence of it now. Are there $100 handshakes for players at Clemson? Probably. Name me a school where it doesn't occur. I will agree that based on performance, there shouldn't be many at SC.

Kind of like Clowney's dad when he got out of prison.

Clowney''s father was in prison for most of JD's childhood and not involved in his life, much less his recruitment. XT's father somehow announced his son's decision while still in prison and will be out before XT suits up for a game at Clemson.
You should hope that XT is much like Clowney, not only as a player, but also in the way he didn't allow himself to be influenced by his father's dumb life choices.

Clowney''s father was in prison for most of his JD''s childhood and not involved in his life, much less his recruitment. XT''s father somehow announced his son''s decision while still in prison and will be out before XT suits up for a game at Clemson. You should hope that XT is much like Clowney, not only as a player, but also in the way he didn't allow himself to be influenced by his father's dumb life choices.
I'm sure he already knew that.

How in the hell are events more than 35 years ago relevant today? We have had 4 or 5 head coaching changes, 3 or 4 administration changes, and three or four AD changes. Plus if the offending alums or boosters that were involved were 40 years old then, they would be over 75 now.
I will admit we cheated then but see no evidence of it now. Are there $100 handshakes for players at Clemson? Probably. Name me a school where it doesn't occur. I will agree that based on performance, there shouldn't be many at SC.
Oh my over 75. There’s no way they can spend money at such an age.

Reactions: Judson1
Did you actually read what was posted before asking this question? The posted article states multiple times that cash was exchanged.

I read it. I remember it also. Pay-to-play is different. If there was a pay-to-play for a player (as in the SMU case), any games he participated in would have been forfeited or vacated.

Our boosters don't have the same mentality Clemson's does. We expect a kid to be happy about getting a scholarship while Clemson's network invest in these palyers. At any rate it may go deeper than that considering they have 2 alum that work on the play off selection committee as well. In XTs case it's not just the car. The img private school he attended was paid for by someone. I knew once he left for Florida he was not coming to Carolina. They did a first class hack job on us. I also hear they have plenty of alumni with the NCAA. How has that worked for UNC? Nicely as they tied up making fake classes for three years in court. Verdict not guilty. Good old boy network at it's finest and they will only watch what the boosters are doing on our side. We are out networked period and I don't see it changing anytime soon

One alumnus, Johnson. Rad went to IUP. Chris Howard is a good friend of the Clemson president, though. But he's also friends with Pastides and was a VP at Oklahoma. When USC is mentioned, he'll tell you they have the only major business school named for a woman.

I read it. I remember it also. Pay-to-play is different. If there was a pay-to-play for a player (as in the SMU case), any games he participated in would have been forfeited or vacated.
Please explain just exactly what in the hell you think they were giving them money for? Was the rest of the student body being given money for no reason also? They were given money to influence them to play football (and actually other sports also) at Clemson University. Evidently you perceive pay for play to involve a payroll with social security, taxes, a retirement account and direct deposit in to your checking account like the NFL. When you put money in a college kids hand because you want him to play on a sports team, that is pay for play. Quit trying to pick up the turd by the clean end.

Please explain just exactly what in the hell you think they were giving them money for? Was the rest of the student body being given money for no reason also? They were given money to influence them to play football (and actually other sports also) at Clemson University. Evidently you perceive pay for play to involve a payroll with social security, taxes, a retirement account and direct deposit in to your checking account like the NFL. When you put money in a college kids hand because you want him to play on a sports team, that is pay for play. Quit trying to pick up the turd by the clean end.

Pay-for-play means somebody who received money actually played (that's why "play" is part of the term). The way I understand it, the two recruits mentioned in the report were offered or given money and other gifts to sign, but neither ever enrolled at Clemson. It's an infraction and deserving of the penalties levied, but it didn't result in any (known) ineligible players playing in games. Calmness now, I hope.

Maybe they cheated, maybe they didn’t.
Sadly though there’s no need for them to do it anymore. But if they are I hope greed allows them to continue until they are caught.
Wasn’t there some smoke with Rashaun Gary who ended up at Michigan? And the receiver from Tennessee (Higgins)? After a while most start to think things are fishy.

If you guys are gonna call out players and their cars at least have a clue what model it is. That is NOT even close to a 2016/17 model and its not a ZL1.
Thats a Gen 5 Camaro which means it can be between a 2010 and 2015. The new Gen 6 cars have a completely different front clip. Looking at he picture more closely I can tell you its a 2014-15 because of the fog lights and the smaller grill which was changed between 2013 and 2014. Now it could be an SS but even if it is you can get a nice SS convertible in the mid to lower 20s. With half way reasonable credit that will run you in the mid 400s for 5 years and even less for 6 years. SO tell me again how he got this "super expensive car".
All well and good but what about the BRAND NEW HONDA his mother is driving around as of 12/21/17. (She works at a Day Care.)

Reactions: GamecockJL
Funny how times have changed. Most of the folks I went to school with either drove a parent’s hand-me-down or a car that cost 2-3k. HS kids with these types of cars aren’t uncommon.

Now as far as XTs car goes, who knows. Unless XT’s mom has a good job (I know nothing about her), at $400, that is a high payment for a single income family. And like someone else mentioned, this is the third nice vehicle he has had. He is certainly getting it from somewhere. The question is from where.
She works at a Day Care.

Reactions: GamecockJL
There's a big difference between a $100 hand shake and a $325,000 purchase of a closed up gas station in the Florence ghetto.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT