ADVERTISEMENT

You guys HAVE to come off the ledge.

cockymom2boys

Dec 28, 2000
Well actually you don't have to come off but you really should, for everyone's well being.
These are tough times. No one is denying that. But honestly the extremes some of you go to is crazy. Examples?

Fire Beamer now is ridiculous. Just don't go there. Don't post it. Don't say it. Fire Beamer is a hard no.

The "sky is falling" posts. Once again, yes things are bad. But my LAWD man up.
Give Beamer a chance. Jumping ship midway thru season 1 and being critical of everything is NOT helpful.

I could go on but try to show some maturity.
Be positive and if you can't be positive, be legit in your negativity.

GO COCKS.

Well actually you don't have to come off but you really should, for everyone's well being.
These are tough times. No one is denying that. But honestly the extremes some of you go to is crazy. Examples?

Fire Beamer now is ridiculous. Just don't go there. Don't post it. Don't say it. Fire Beamer is a hard no.

Give Beamer a chance. Jumping ship midway thru season 1 and being critical of everything is NOT helpful.

GO COCKS.
Fire Beamer.

GO COCKS.
I never wanted to hire Beamer, so I don't think Fire Beamer is a wholly inconsistent position. It was obvious before he was hired he was out of his depth, and it is more obvious since he's been coach that he is out of his depth.

Frankly though it doesn't matter. NIL is going to make recruiting so one sided that no coach could make South Carolina relevant maybe in a generation, so we're really just discussing whether we should dump hundreds of millions of dollars into being noncompetitive for the next 3 decades.

OP, please stop blowing your hard earned money on traveling to watch us get our heads kicked in. You seem like a nice person, please don’t repeat my mistakes.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

GO COCKS.
Why is firing Beamer now worse than firing him in two years?

yes-no.gif

Who you gonna hire and what does firing Beamer communciate to the new guy? Any guy you would want as coach is going to look at that roster - the level of competition he faces weeklly in the SEC - and realize he may be fired after going 4-4 in the first 8 games. Think some highly sought after coach, with other options, wants a piece of that?

Who you gonna hire and what does firing Beamer communciate to the new guy? Any guy you would want as coach is going to look at that roster - the level of competition he faces weeklly in the SEC - and realize he may be fired after going 4-4 in the first 8 games. Think some highly sought after coach, with other options, wants a piece of that?
Well assuming the new guy has experience as a coach he can certainly understand the admission of a horrible hiring decision of a coach who is out of his depth and simply not ready for primetime. I also assume there are several million reasons he won't care.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Well assuming the new guy has experience as a coach he can certainly understand the admission of a horrible hiring decision of a coach who is out of his depth and simply not ready for primetime. I also assume there are several million reasons he won't care.
Oh, but I think he will care. Anyone you'd want is going to be wanted by others. That means SC's millions won't matter more than the millions offered by schools who didn't $hit-can a guy sitting at .500 after 8 games, which is exactly where most everyone had them projected to be, all because the fans don't like losing (which is not unique to SC fans).

GO COCKS.

mom, let ‘em jump.

Trust u had a good trip🤗

GO COCKS.
By all means do not bring them off the ledge. These are the same bipolar lemmings who last spring attacked posters like me who said that hiring a coach with zero, zip, zilch experience as even a junior hIgh OC or DC might not be the best alternative. Shane's our coach. He's a good dude who inherited a shitfest. It's gonna take a while and the jury's out on how it finally works out. But, anyone who expected better at this point, especially with Luke hurt, is a stooge.

These people need massive doses of pamprin

I’m not going to be in the “Fire Beamer” camp at this point (unless news of chaos and revolts within the program come out). But, I’m definitely in the “Beamer needs to rectify some coaching-hire mistakes this off-season” camp.
There's been rumors of internal turmoil for at least 2 weeks now. The way we are playing has me wondering.

None of our sports teams (or sports in general) will ever have me on the ledge, that’s disrespectful to people who are truly at their breaking point. It’s also disrespectful to shove this Grade F- “athletic department” (and most of the men’s teams unfortunately) down our throat, while we look like Cumberland University out there, and while the U keeps pressing me for those Gamecock Club dollas, and touting seats in all the newest “Zones.” Completely out of touch with reality.

GO COCKS.
Beamer at best will need 5 or 6 years. First he needs an Oline coach and an actual Oline, and he needs a seasoned OC and a real QB coach. Then the 5 years start.

In other words, you want people to act like you? Nah, I'm good. Beamer is trash and needs to go.
"Beamer is trash"? Nice
OP, please stop blowing your hard earned money on traveling to watch us get our heads kicked in. You seem like a nice person, please don’t repeat my mistakes.
Haha. We definitely had a blast. Fell in love with College Station and the Aggies. Love their tradition and passion.
We are in Austin now.

Beamer at best will need 5 or 6 years. First he needs an Oline coach and an actual Oline, and he needs a seasoned OC and a real QB coach. Then the 5 years start.
He's the guy who hired these failures to begin with. You gonna trust him to make more hires? What do you think we will get, besides more of the same? He can't fix this if you give him 10-12 years. He doesn't know how. Also, this is the same Oline that produced the SEC leading rusher last year, so that is not the common denominator.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Fire Beamer.
I just don't think that's the answer to this. We need a legit OC and OLine coach! It is just astonishing, sickening and demoralizing how Satt can make the SEC' returning leading rusher look like a B team player! If we had a defense last season we would of won 7 games at least and dare I even say it.... I won't but you could probably guess who would still be here. Bobo was a helluva OC to be able to work that magic he did with what we had! Only if we had a DC opposite of him. Point being, new OC, new oline coach! Exciting, simple innovative offensive a plus!

What really sucks about this is that between Muschamp and Beamer, we're looking at -- minimum -- about a decade of bad football, and that's IF Beamer ultimately works out. If he doesn't, we could be wandering in the desert for 15+ years, and that's provided our next hire hits the mark. That's bleak.

It communicates “Don’t hire your best friend to be offensive coordinator”.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
What really sucks about this is that between Muschamp and Beamer, we're looking at -- minimum -- about a decade of bad football, and that's IF Beamer ultimately works out. If he doesn't, we could be wandering in the desert for 15+ years, and that's provided our next hire hits the mark. That's bleak.

Thanks for the condolences, Gator. We're not all blind. Gonna be a tough 10 years before we get over this.

Can't wait...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT