ADVERTISEMENT

You heard it here first...

I’d say he has a little more in him. But for the fun of it, who do they get? I think they’ll go with an NFL guy. Someone like O’Brien from Houston. It definitely will not be Dabo. Doubt he ever leaves Clemson. If he did though, it wouldn’t be to follow Saban.

Saban knows he is now Clemson's bitch. Time to bow out before his legacy is tarnished

That won’t happen and we don’t want him to retire because he’s the on,y thing keeping this shit from happening every year moving forward.
The scary thing is Clemson is bringing back a whole lot more than Alabama next year.

Reactions: Brace1
I’d say he has a little more in him. But for the fun of it, who do they get? I think they’ll go with an NFL guy. Someone like O’Brien from Houston. It definitely will not be Dabo. Doubt he ever leaves Clemson. If he did though, it wouldn’t be to follow Saban.
In such an eventuality, they might not get Dabo, but they will make a hard run at him, incredibly hard.

I think he wants one more to break the tie with Bear Bryant and settle any debate for the GOAT.

He will use this butt whipping as the ultimate motivation next season. My money’s on Saban.
He will return them to physicality on both sides of ball. He was beguiled into running all kinds of uncharacteristic namby-pamby crap in short yardage and in the red zone. He won't make that mistake again.

Reactions: Marionman1973
Dabo is about five seasons away from overtaking Howard as the winningest coach in the history of Clemson football. He will not leave Clemson until he is ready to retire. And just like Alabama under Saban, Clemson being a top-five team every year is a certainty under his leadership for a long time to come. I just hope the Carolina Panthers can land Lawrence when he comes out because this guy is going to be something special in the NFL.

UPC has a lot to replace up front on defense.

They do. But I noticed in the Top 5, Botha Alabama and Clemson return more starters than anyone. That’s remarkable. It listed Clemson as returning 8 starters on both offense and defense as well as 1 on special teams. I think it was the same for Alabama.

Reactions: king ward

Been reading that for 5yrs now. They keep managing quite well.

Nick Saban will announce his retirement before signing day in February...

He's 67 years old and has nothing to prove... 6 National Championship trophies...

At one point when I flipped over to the game last night, the camera was on Saban. He looked dejected (as he well should have); But in that moment, I also saw a slightly plump, old man. It was a man who had the look of someone who was just. done. At that moment, I thought to myself, "That's it - I can see him announcing his retirement very, very soon" (as in weeks).

Been reading that for 5yrs now. They keep managing quite well.

At one point when I flipped over to the game last night, the camera was on Saban. He looked dejected (as he well should have); But in that moment, I also saw a slightly plump, old man. It was a man who had the look of someone who was just. done. At that moment, I thought to myself, "That's it - I can see him announcing his retirement very, very soon" (as in weeks).

Not the type to go out after a thrashing on the national stage IMO.

Reactions: cocks rule
Not the type to go out after a thrashing on the national stage IMO.
Would seem so, and I hope you're right. As someone above said, he's the only one (pretty much) keeping this sort of thing from happening on a very regular basis right now.

Nick isn't going anywhere. Last night's game will do nothing but inspire him. And got swept under the rug, but this years Bama team got killed by graduation and injuries this year. On the other hand except for the Dexter Lawrence fiasco, Clemson suffered no losses. Not to mention that half the defense that could have gone to the NFL decided to come back. And Nick is one of those types that I don't think he can live without it. Nick will be back. He isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: futuresnow

they are 55-4 in the last 4 years.. they've replaced 4 senior and early entry NFL junior classes...i think Clemson will be just fine.. They just beat Alabama without one of their ALL American defensive line player

As I posted in another thread, I think Dabo would be a fool to leave Clemron. For his own sake, not ours.

He will return them to physicality on both sides of ball. He was beguiled into running all kinds of uncharacteristic namby-pamby crap in short yardage and in the red zone. He won't make that mistake again.
It's a sad day when Bama has to try and trick Clemson with a fake FG.

While I agree their red-zone play calls were bad, this would be the absolute wrong approach to take offensively. The "pound-them-into-submission-with-our-physical-superiority" works great...when you are physically superior. When you aren't? You lose 44-16.

While I agree their red-zone play calls were bad, this would be the absolute wrong approach to take offensively. The "pound-them-into-submission-with-our-physical-superiority" works great...when you are physically superior. When you aren't? You lose 44-16.
Well, they are going to take the wrong approach, then. But when they face third or fourth down with a yard or two to go, they aren't going to be running backwards or sideways. They weren't physically inferior up front as much as they were not prepared to be as tough as they needed to be, having adopted an oblique approach to offense in short yardage. It changed their character.

Reactions: atl-cock
Nick Saban will announce his retirement before signing day in February...

He's 67 years old and has nothing to prove... 6 National Championship trophies...
I thought the same thing after the game last night. In retrospect, he probably should have retired BEFORE the game. The way Alabama played last night, I would be embarrassed if I were Saban.

Saban is already better than Bear because he did it with different teams, and in an era with that parity word. Maybe they cheat, who knows? But I’m sure Bama used every advantage under Bear. Kinda like UCLA hoops under Wooden

I never would have believed it, but folks they're rolling now!

Uh-oh. The Clemson Tide.

Somebody should spread the rumor up there that Ostarine or whatever it is those dudes take causes peckers to fall off.

Saban is already better than Bear because he did it with different teams, and in an era with that parity word. Maybe they cheat, who knows? But I’m sure Bama used every advantage under Bear. Kinda like UCLA hoops under Wooden
Wrong. Bear won with all white teams and with integrated teams. He won with pro style offenses and with the wishbone. He won when players played both sides of the ball and when they didn’t. And he had nowhere near the talent Saban does. Not even close.

As for the “parity” bit what sport have you been doing watching? Ninety percent of college teams are either roadkill or spoilers. I don’t call that parity.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
In such an eventuality, they might not get Dabo, but they will make a hard run at him, incredibly hard.
True, maybe they will bankrupt Clemson in the process. Like Reagan and the Soviet Union. Maybe Clemson will have to spend so much to keep Dabo, they won't have anything left to spend on the other sports and we can sweep them in everything but football.

i kinda think Mark Richt and Urban are quitting since they can see the writing on the wall in that they arent capable of getting back to the top. They been passed on the ladder and are getting beat back down, like at my work. hahahaha

i kinda think Mark Richt and Urban are quitting since they can see the writing on the wall in that they arent capable of getting back to the top. They been passed on the ladder and are getting beat back down, like at my work. hahahaha
LOL!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT