ADVERTISEMENT

You know what Clemson has that's better than most?

robertfootball

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2006
SC
Sports information director. That's who gives Dabo all those stats he likes to tout all the time. Tim Bourette can find a stat to spin Clemson's way on ANYTHING. We let ours get away to go run that old dump track in Darlington. Typical luck for us.

Sports information director. That's who gives Dabo all those stats he likes to tout all the time. Tim Bourette can find a stat to spin Clemson's way on ANYTHING. We let ours get away to go run that old dump track in Darlington. Typical luck for us.
You're definitely on to something here. Spin is a big part of their culture. Even when they were down, all you heard was how dabo was going to get them to the next level, and all their average players were labeled Heisman contenders.
Whereas here, many of our fans can't wait for the team to fail so they can say "told you Muschamp sucked," and constanly downplay great games for our players, "yeah Bentley threw for a bunch of yards, but we still lost."
If you're 18 and so talented any school would take you, would you rather go where you'll be treated like an all-star, even if you never live up to expectations, or to the place where people seem to begrudge their fanhood?
Drinking the Kool-aid would help us build a winning culture, imo, but few seem willing to be positive about anything, and negativity seems to permeate every facet of our program.

Ding ding ding. You get it. Do you see The Experience Clemson in downtown Greenville? They do all kind chit like that for pub.
If we were CleMson Mike Morgan would still be calling games here

Last edited:
You worrying about all the wrong stuff. You are more concerned about image than a competitive football program. What does Dabo quoting stats have to do with anything related to the the performance of the team?
Gimme a break.

You worrying about all the wrong stuff. You are more concerned about image than a competitive football program. What does Dabo quoting stats have to do with anything related to the the performance of the team?
Gimme a break.
He definitely was building the image to sell to the players. Remember the "Rant." It was all about selling the image....his image....of a Clemson football team. Then took that and sold it to his current players and prospects.

Gimme a break.
Name me one winning program that doesn't succefully market their brand nationwide.

You're definitely on to something here. Spin is a big part of their culture. Even when they were down, all you heard was how dabo was going to get them to the next level, and all their average players were labeled Heisman contenders.
Whereas here, many of our fans can't wait for the team to fail so they can say "told you Muschamp sucked," and constanly downplay great games for our players, "yeah Bentley threw for a bunch of yards, but we still lost."
If you're 18 and so talented any school would take you, would you rather go where you'll be treated like an all-star, even if you never live up to expectations, or to the place where people seem to begrudge their fanhood?
Drinking the Kool-aid would help us build a winning culture, imo, but few seem willing to be positive about anything, and negativity seems to permeate every facet of our program.
"It's only unthinkable if you don't think it." - Dabo Swinney

Reactions: rogue cock
This is my last post on all the Clemson nonsense i'm seeing.

All the stuff on Dabo Swinney from his weird/absurd quotes, spinning of bad games (ex when they got stomped by FSU at home), being a cheerleader to his players and dancing post games, trashing a local police officer, pushing player cocaine use under the table, playing injured players in a game for a win...

I know every single one of you would welcome it on our side if it meant 2 National Championships in football.

Gimme a break.
It sounds crazy, but salesmen are more valuable in today's college athletics than X's and Os guys. Get the great players who out-muscle and outrun the competition, and the strategic geniuses will quickly fall on their faces. This landscape is the perfect storm for guys like dabo and Calipari. Hell, the smartest thing dabo ever did, in my eyes, was giving up on play calling, hiring top notch assistants to take the reigns, and focusing what he did best: recruiting and PR.

It sounds crazy, but salesmen are more valuable in today's college athletics than X's and Os guys. Get the great players who out-muscle and outrun the competition, and the strategic geniuses will quickly fall on their faces. This landscape is the perfect storm for guys like dabo and Calipari. Hell, the smartest thing dabo ever did, in my eyes, was giving up on play calling, hiring top notch assistants to take the reigns, and focusing what he did best: recruiting and PR.
Like Mack Brown at UNC if he can hire the right assistants, which he has never had a problem doing.

The correct answer is "any easy path to the playoff."

Please stop with the fancy buildings, crackerjack sports information director, cool social media, blah, blah, blah.

None of that is going to bring us even with Clemson. Clemson will be the playoff every year for the foreseeable future.

It's all about the playoff now. Nothing else matters.

This is a great point. Clemson has always been really good at marketing, media relations, and selling themselves. I don't have first-hand experience, but they are apparently very serious about everything being top notch from top to bottom. From the head coach to the people taking ticket orders, they supposedly work very hard to send out a great impression to fans, media, and recruits. Heck, they even stamp $2 bills with the tiger paw logo when they go to bowl games to show the local populations that Clemson is in town. Why not? You never know when they person you tip with a $2 might be some top recruit's cousin.

OK, you have gone after the AD, BOT and now the SID. Who is next? LOL

Robertfootball has been meaning to speak with you, about that. It appears that there is a problem with YOUR papers and headquarters would like to know, exactly, who you were with and what were you doing between noon and 4 PM on December 29, 2018.

I do not believe that the gazpacho will find your amusement, to be a laughing matter.

Last edited:
Don’t forget the ticket office. Fire them
I'm still waiting for the field staff to be fired for allowing orange pylons to be used in the stadium.

Pylons ARTICLE 6. Soft, flexible four-sided pylons 4 inches by 4 inches with an overall height of 18 inches, which may include a 2-inch space between the bottom of the pylon and the ground, are required. They shall be red or orange in color.

http://amarefs.org/FR16.pdf

This is my last post on all the Clemson nonsense i'm seeing.

All the stuff on Dabo Swinney from his weird/absurd quotes, spinning of bad games (ex when they got stomped by FSU at home), being a cheerleader to his players and dancing post games, trashing a local police officer, pushing player cocaine use under the table, playing injured players in a game for a win...

I know every single one of you would welcome it on our side if it meant 2 National Championships in football.
That's a truth bullet right there.

Reactions: Zann77
This is a great point. Clemson has always been really good at marketing, media relations, and selling themselves.

I concur, but let me add this: BRANDING: (and the following from that definition link is explicitly fitting): distinctive wording or design used to identify a particular brand.

Perfectly fitting example(s) as follows...

Dabo Swinney still believes last year's Clemson team could beat FSU 5 times out of 10

From that article: "Clemson coach Dabo Swinney has accepted that he will never live down comments he made following last year’s blowout loss to FSU."

"Shortly after No. 5 FSU thwarted No. 3 Clemson 51-14 in 2013, Swinney said he believed the Tigers would win five games if the two teams played each other 10 times that year."

His method of "verbal branding" himself and his team is illustrated perfectly here...

And, within a different "key" or "tune" here by "firing back at Spurrier"...

Again, BRANDING is my point here. And by no means is Branding limited to marketing and advertising via billboards, magazines, radio, television and on-campus signage. It becomes the very personality, charisma, temperament and overall nature of the institution, organization, group, team and SYSTEM.

I've written a mini book here (yeah, Im driving on I-485 - sue me!) within an attempt to explain my humble opinion. Fact is, the sh_t works primarily because Its basic fan base buys it, adapts "to it", and here we are with the "perception is reality" concept.

I rest my case here. Lord knows there are hundreds (probably) of other YouTube vids where the man sales himself via his answering methods to post game media interviews.

A lot can most certainly be learned from such, and certainly implemented via the methods of others (i.e. coaches, marketing/advertising teams). I know the guy that's produced all of our pregame uniform videos is DAMNED GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES!! I sure hope our entire marketing and advertising group becomes the very best team of organization that it possibly can in regards to the overall benefit(s) of our very fine athletic establishment and each and every single one of our individual TEAMS!!

That interview he gave with Mike and Mike extolling the virtues of football a couple of years ago still gets a huge number of hits.

"I've written a mini book here (yeah, Im driving on I-485 - sueme!)"

Dumbass award. Congrats.

And of course YOU just happen to be the only credited professional of such that can accurately determine and then classify others, all based upon your very own concept of "self".

A critic of your very identity I might add.

And of course YOU just happen to be the only credited professional of such that can accurately determine and then classify others, all based upon your very own concept of "self".

A critic of your very identity I might add.
Quit posting before you kill someone. Stupid...

I concur, but let me add this: BRANDING: (and the following from that definition link is explicitly fitting): distinctive wording or design used to identify a particular brand.

Perfectly fitting example(s) as follows...

Dabo Swinney still believes last year's Clemson team could beat FSU 5 times out of 10

From that article: "Clemson coach Dabo Swinney has accepted that he will never live down comments he made following last year’s blowout loss to FSU."

"Shortly after No. 5 FSU thwarted No. 3 Clemson 51-14 in 2013, Swinney said he believed the Tigers would win five games if the two teams played each other 10 times that year."

His method of "verbal branding" himself and his team is illustrated perfectly here...

And, within a different "key" or "tune" here by "firing back at Spurrier"...

Again, BRANDING is my point here. And by no means is Branding limited to marketing and advertising via billboards, magazines, radio, television and on-campus signage. It becomes the very personality, charisma, temperament and overall nature of the institution, organization, group, team and SYSTEM.

I've written a mini book here (yeah, Im driving on I-485 - sue me!) within an attempt to explain my humble opinion. Fact is, the sh_t works primarily because Its basic fan base buys it, adapts "to it", and here we are with the "perception is reality" concept.

I rest my case here. Lord knows there are hundreds (probably) of other YouTube vids where the man sales himself via his answering methods to post game media interviews.

A lot can most certainly be learned from such, and certainly implemented via the methods of others (i.e. coaches, marketing/advertising teams). I know the guy that's produced all of our pregame uniform videos is DAMNED GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES!! I sure hope our entire marketing and advertising group becomes the very best team of organization that it possibly can in regards to the overall benefit(s) of our very fine athletic establishment and each and every single one of our individual TEAMS!!

Just remindes me of all the "dopey insurance salesman" post. Talk about eating crow.

I'm still waiting for the field staff to be fired for allowing orange pylons to be used in the stadium.

Pylons ARTICLE 6. Soft, flexible four-sided pylons 4 inches by 4 inches with an overall height of 18 inches, which may include a 2-inch space between the bottom of the pylon and the ground, are required. They shall be red or orange in color.

http://amarefs.org/FR16.pdf
Ray will fix this I promise

Reactions: vehemon
The correct answer is "any easy path to the playoff."

Please stop with the fancy buildings, crackerjack sports information director, cool social media, blah, blah, blah.

None of that is going to bring us even with Clemson. Clemson will be the playoff every year for the foreseeable future.

It's all about the playoff now. Nothing else matters.
I think it's wonderful. Simplifies what is important.

Reactions: DarkCock

I was gonna say liars.

Blue Cheese.
It's about the only thing in Clempson that's any good.

Reactions: rogue cock

The keys here are TIMING. Clemson fans get rewarded for their loyalty, and they don't have to wait 25 years to get it. We have to wait for what seems like a generation for patience and loyalty and then we often blow a gasket and fail to go the limit.

10% coaching 90% talent

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT