ADVERTISEMENT

You missing something good if you're not watching golf right now.***

DJ being DJ. 2 strokes to go 600 yards then 3 strokes to go 4.
At least an American won it. Although Louie is the only one who went out to win it and didn't depend on others to lose it.
WOW.

Sad to see a choke. That birdie putt didn't even threaten the hole.

I think the PGA made a goof. It was more like bumper pool than golf. I especially liked it when a Snedecker putt jumped up in the air, stopped short and then rolled back. DJ's eagle putt rolled like it was on glass. Bad choice for a US open course.

I think the PGA made a goof. It was more like bumper pool than golf. I especially liked it when a Snedecker putt jumped up in the air, stopped short and then rolled back. DJ's eagle putt rolled like it was on glass. Bad choice for a US open course.

The Snedeker putt was a joke. The greens at that course are a joke. You'd see players putt the ball way past the hole to try and get it to roll back and go in the back side of the cup.
Tee Shots would land on the left side of the fairway only to end up in a bunker on the right side of the fairway.

He had played 71 holes prior to 18 and knew what the course was. Simply choked. He rushed last putt because he couldn't take the pressure of taking his time.

Call it "having run out of something productive to do" but after not watching much golf for the last 20 years I've paid a lot more attention to it this year because of 2-3 of the younger guys playing well. I made a commitment to watch as much of this as possible and after having watched 30-40% of the first few days watched all of yesterday.
The players made it fascinating and dramatic...some of the new production made it good like the extensive use of the tracker and listening to the players chat as they played.
If "links" means old, awful, cheap, under-construction, of a pin-ball course then they got what they wanted. I'm not golfer enough to understand the significance of "links" but do understand the significance of the history of the sport and how old British courses deserve a spot forever. That mess however was the result of trying to recover property abandoned by quarries. The designer did a good job with what he had to work with but how many ways can I say "Rec Department Course and under-maintained.
Embarrassing for a prestigious event.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT