ADVERTISEMENT

You think we have problems? What if you were Norvell and had to explain to your fan base why

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
FSU lost to Jacksonville State? Here is the bad part. FSU fired Willie Taggart after 1 1/2 seasons and even he beat Jacksonville State before he was fired and Taggart's buyout was something like $20MM. WOW!

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Both Norvell and Justin Fuente were hired after back-to-back successful tenures at Memphis. I believe this year is make or break for Fuente. I believe this is Norvell's 2nd season at FSU. I suspect he will be given more time. I cannot imagine FSU firing a 2nd consecutive coach after just 2 years.

Reactions: rogue cock
FSU sold their soul to enter the ACC to play the weak schedule and FINALLY win a National Championship, which they did early on after joining the ACC. They are ruined now due to that weak conference. And yes, Clemson caught lightening in a bottle with a lot of cash and a really good salesman to spread it around to recruits but that is starting to wear thin now too.

Both Norvell and Justin Fuente were hired after back-to-back successful tenures at Memphis. I believe this year is make or break for Fuente. I believe this is Norvell's 2nd season at FSU. I suspect he will be given more time. I cannot imagine FSU firing a 2nd consecutive coach after just 2 years.
Don’t worry, FSU is about to win some games. They’re starting their conference schedule which is much easier than their non conference games

FSU sold their soul to enter the ACC to play the weak schedule and FINALLY win a National Championship, which they did early on after joining the ACC. They are ruined now due to that weak conference. And yes, Clemson caught lightening in a bottle with a lot of cash and a really good salesman to spread it around to recruits but that is starting to wear thin now too.
I may be alone in this reasoning but, I pull for FSU to regain its prior national relevance. Why? 1. To be an obstacle to Clemson's path to the playoffs and 2. to be strong competition to the Florida Gators for in-state recruits. Anything that weakens the Gators, helps South Carolina.

Yeah, the VT people I know are saying Fuente needs to produce big this year. He’s had time.

FSU is stuck with Norvell for the foreseeable future because of Taggart’s buyout. It’s stunning how far that program has slipped, along with Miami.

Yeah, the VT people I know are saying Fuente needs to produce big this year. He’s had time.

FSU is stuck with Norvell for the foreseeable future because of Taggart’s buyout. It’s stunning how far that program has slipped, along with Miami.
Miami is not that surprising after they chose to change it's academic requirements for athletes. They wrote their own demise.

In related news ……
After watching the game, Bobby Bowden kicked out of heaven for taking the Lords Name in Vain

I think this is a little dramatic. Florida State has not made the commitment to being a contender because they have not spent the money they needed to in order to keep up. Look at part of the reasons Jimbo left them. They also have to many people pulling in different directions in the power seats. If you have time, read this article..... it is really good and telling.

Do the Canes now have stricter academic requirements for athletes?
They’re not allowed to recruit at the Dade County Correctional Center any more.

Their success was predicated on signing a fair number of athletic thugs who would’ve been arrested for stepping foot on campus property if they hadn’t been athletes.

Schnellenberger started the success there by sealing off S Florida from other programs, and started the buy in from everyone from HS coaches to street agents. A lot of those guys can’t qualify now.

Miami is a private school that made the decision to tighten up requirements several years ago after bad publicity. They’re still struggling trying to find the right balance to satisfy the people who want the old U back and keep the attention of a fanbase that has lots of options to do locally.

They’re not allowed to recruit at the Dade County Correctional Center any more.

Their success was predicated on signing a fair number of athletic thugs who would’ve been arrested for stepping foot on campus property if they hadn’t been athletes.

Schnellenberger started the success there by sealing off S Florida from other programs, and started the buy in from everyone from HS coaches to street agents. A lot of those guys can’t qualify now.

Miami is a private school that made the decision to tighten up requirements several years ago after bad publicity. They’re still struggling trying to find the right balance to satisfy the people who want the old U back and keep the attention of a fanbase that has lots of options to do locally.
Bingo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT