ADVERTISEMENT

Your thoughts on SEC baseball tourney format....

Life insurance company which used to (maybe still does) sponsor the ACC. Thought of it when you mentioned them insuring their teams.
I got ya. I didn't recall J/P being an insurance company. All this time I thought they were a second rate sports broadcasting company. lol

When is Hoover's time up? Always great for Bama and Auburn, not so much for others. From what I see of the crowds so far, it's almost empty.

They need to play 7 inning games Tue, Wed, And Thur if they are going to play 4 games/day on 1 field.

If your in the NCAAs I'd use it to get some younger arms and bats some game experience. Rest key guys and rest key arms as needed

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
I'm in wait and see mode when it comes to ditching Hoover. Never was all that pleased with Tanner's or Holbrook's approach to this tournament. Kingston appears to have developed players more compatible. We'll see.

I'm in wait and see mode when it comes to ditching Hoover. Never was all that pleased with Tanner's or Holbrook's approach to this tournament. Kingston appears to have developed players more compatible. We'll see.

In Ray's defense, more often than not we had the postseason locked up, in some instances a top 8 seed, so he could tank Hoover and rest the guys.

In Ray's defense, more often than not we had the postseason locked up, in some instances a top 8 seed, so he could tank Hoover and rest the guys.
He could, but do you think he intentionally did so? I would find that hard to believe. IMO, Ray and Holbrook went there to play long ball. It wouldn't surprise me if we owned the record for pop outs in a game there. This team is different when they don't fall into a funk. I've said it before and I'll say it again... since the games first moved to Hoover, I'm more optimistic than ever.

He could, but do you think he intentionally did so? I would find that hard to believe. IMO, Ray and Holbrook went there to play long ball. It wouldn't surprise me if we owned the record for pop outs in a game there. This team is different when they don't fall into a funk. I've said it before and I'll say it again... since the games first moved to Hoover, I'm more optimistic than ever.
No he didn't "intentionally" do so. But none of us were exactly upset that more often than not we went 2 & Q in Hoover during those years. We had much bigger fish to fry.

No he didn't "intentionally" do so. But none of us were exactly upset that more often than not we went 2 & Q in Hoover during those years. We had much bigger fish to fry.
Bigger fish to fry is a no-brainer USCBatgirl21. And we agree he didn't intentionally do so. Just speaking honestly here... it kinda puts it more in the category of being a convenient excuse for losing.

Bigger fish to fry is a no-brainer USCBatgirl21. And we agree he didn't intentionally do so. Just speaking honestly here... it kinda puts it more in the category of being a convenient excuse for losing.

it's kinda like when you tell a pitcher "I'm going to need you to get us out of this inning...."

Reactions: bucketdad
Why all the hate for Hoover? I went there 15 straight years until family situation prevented me from going the last two years. I go there to watch baseball, not sight see. Lots of good restaurants around and there are malls for shopping if desired. It's far enough from downtown Birmingham that traffic usually isn't much of a hassle. Plenty of free parking onsite and lots of friendly folks.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT