ADVERTISEMENT

Zacch Pickens Redshirt

Oct 30, 2019
Obviously Zacch hasn't had the year many thought he would have with only getting 8 total tackles on the season. But if his production in games is bad his production on the practice field can't be great (maybe it can against this offense) why would you play him in five games. When you only get four unless the guy is going to be a solid contributor he should never touch five games.

Obviously Zacch hasn't had the year many thought he would have with only getting 8 total tackles on the season. But if his production in games is bad his production on the practice field can't be great (maybe it can against this offense) why would you play him in five games. When you only get four unless the guy is going to be a solid contributor he should never touch five games.
He's played in more than 5 games. He has played in about every game. Very few freshman defensive tackles are dominating players. Not worried about him. Many expected him to go pro after 3 years anyway

He's played in more than 5 games. He has played in about every game. Very few freshman defensive tackles are dominating players. Not worried about him. Many expected him to go pro after 3 years anyway

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4426332/zacch-pickens
I suppose few true freshman defensive tackles dominate but I could name some for you that actually do. Daylon Mack, Dexter Lawrence, Trent Thompson, Rashan Gary, Ed Oliver, and Marvin Wilson

When you are a 5 star top 10 player you should make an impact

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4426332/zacch-pickens
I suppose few true freshman defensive tackles dominate but I could name some for you that actually do. Daylon Mack, Dexter Lawrence, Trent Thompson, Rashan Gary, Ed Oliver, and Marvin Wilson

When you are a 5 star top 10 player you should make an impact
In fairness, Zach changed position. Tough playing a rush DE and moving to the inside and making a huge impact in year #1. Players such as Ed Oliver were inside guys coming out of high school.

Last edited:
Zach has played and has played well in almost every game.. his job is to plug gaps and get off blockers... Notice few people run inside on us and ever offensive lineman we play says we have the best defensive front they have faced.... And that's after the game..

Reactions: PC31
Zach has played and has played well in almost every game.. his job is to plug gaps and get off blockers... Notice few people run inside on us and ever offensive lineman we play says we have the best defensive front they have faced.... And that's after the game..
Yes. I have watched him plenty and he looks good to me. And he is getting on the job training. He will start next year along with Sandidge I think. Those two will be solid. It's what we've got behind them I'm worried about.

Only one I know of was Clowney who was a complete monster as a freshman. But he was a once in 20 years guy.

Since you are a new poster.....serious question. Do you actually watch games?

Since you are a new poster.....serious question. Do you actually watch games?
Yes, would you like to ask me something specifically about the games? I watch them live, I work a night shift where I go back and view them again and I usually record them to watch them a third time. But go ahead ask away and I'm sure I can answer any follow up question you have.

Stronger stomache than I have then to watch many of these games more than once, but as another poster said he changed positions along with being a freshman.

Has he played any DE? Give the dog a bone! His play in the Senior Bowl was outstanding. He is cat quick, so put him on the edge!

ever offensive lineman we play says we have the best defensive front they have faced.... And that's after the game..

Whatever happened to that: "Did he really say that?" poster? This could be his next Lead-In.

I'm pretty sure that The Player's Poll (which doesn't consider W/L records), has us ranked in the Top 10, tied for #7 with the Little Sisters of Mercy Cobras.

Whatever happened to that: "Did he really say that?" poster? This could be his next Lead-In.

I'm pretty sure that The Player's Poll (which doesn't consider W/L records), has us ranked in the Top 10, tied for #7 with the Little Sisters of Mercy Cobras.
Do better man... Stop trying to be funny... It's a FACT that we have a good defensive front... The back end not so much....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT