ADVERTISEMENT

“Wammy” Ward coming back as DC at USC

I couldn't read this thread for fear of finding out it's real. I'm going to assume this is a bad joke and just walk away. Send Ward to coach in Alaska or wherever just as long as it's far, far away from our D. Same with Deke Adams. Never, ever again.

“Ray” has misjudged coaching talent once, ONCE. As did Texas and Florida, and Auburn. Yes those schools should have provided a strong clue, that was his ONE coaching mistake. Holbrook, as discussed previously, was a real no brained pick, that I would guess every AD would have made, he was the hottest #2 baseball coach in the country. There is NO home run hire until a couple of years after the fact. Holtz, Spurrier, Saben all failed in their first year in the pros. College coaches fail every year so I guess all those ADs are failures too? You do the best, sometimes you hit a home run sometimes you strike out. The secret is just keep swinging.
I’ve been waiting to say the same thing (bold above). We see failed coaches or “coaches on the hot seat” EVERY YEAR without fail, and at prominent universities, so the conclusion must be that AD’s are all a terrible breed unless they hit a home run like hiring Saban.

Other than the hiring of Tanner....and holding onto Holbrook a year too long and maybe holding onto Martin a year too long, he has done a remarkable job in every other aspect. We are in the top 2 of the conference (and doing very well nationally) is student-athlete academic performance, financially we are much healthier than most schools despite being on a massive athletic facility improvement campaign, he knows how to raise the money to be able to go to the legislature and request additional funds, and we are one of the very, very few schools in the country that hasn't had to cut out athletic teams, we have had no compliance issues with the NCAA or the SEC. Tanner has run a healthy tight ship as the AD. That is why I support him so much. He is better than what many want to give him credit for. Have been in meetings with him and a couple of large donors and he is impressive in how he lays out what he wants to accomplish. I wish more fans could see him in action, doing all he does.
Are you a Relative of his or on the payroll.

The Clemson fans, like Rogue Tater, know that Ray Tanner is the key to ensuring that our Men's sports programs stay in the gutter. That they are on this board, defending his tenure as AD is as predictable as it is smart. Clemson plays to win. Across the board. Their social media presence is so much better than the next program's that it really isn't close.

Ray Tanner interviewed him personally. Wammy assured Ray that he had learned much since he was fired from his last job, and promised to bring Deke Adams with him. That sealed the deal for Ray. Rumor has it that Ray asked Wammy if he had B Mac’s contact info, since we still have no OC either....

This is about where we are as a program today, folks. Instead of firing our incompetent AD and getting a competent AD to interview and hire a winning football coach, we let Ray the Rube be conned again by agent Jimmy Sexton. We then learn that Ray cost USC $2M by not getting Muschamp’s revised and reduced contract signed. Now, that fool is trying to save USC $1.2M by requiring Beamer to keep Bobo. Meanwhile, Clemson and Coastal Carolina, both of whom are run by very sharp businessmen, are soaring to newer and greater heights, while we are being lead down the toilet by a fool, whom our BOT hired as AD because he was a good baseball coach. Sad but true!
Both ADs at Clemson and Coastal have a BOT that are all in.
It doesn’t hurt to have a AD that can donate millions on a whim!

Reactions: meckroster
The Clemson fans, like Rogue Tater, know that Ray Tanner is the key to ensuring that our Men's sports programs stay in the gutter. That they are on this board, defending his tenure as AD is as predictable as it is smart. Clemson plays to win. Across the board. Their social media presence is so much better than the next program's that it really isn't close.
Ad hominem attacks mean you don't know crap about what you are talking about. Not surprising, though.

After the coaching announcements already made anyone else afraid this may not be a joke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT