ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer's recruiting is killing the haters here....

It's working out well for how hard it was to get some of these guys to return or calls, but not getting returned calls from so many of the food instate guys really hurt, we gotta win some more instate battles next year now that we proved we're worth the look. Still sucks we couldn't get Sneed to consider us until he really already made up him mind because some close said we'd have a better shot if he didn't already decide he wants to play for ND's coach.

Reactions: andypants
The only problem I see is that the main area we need big help in hasn't been addressed near as much as the defensive side.

Also a lot of schools behind us will leap us since we have a lot more recruits than they do. Should end up around 20th. Not bad at all when you consider our last game.

Also a lot of schools behind us will leap us since we have a lot more recruits than they do. Should end up around 20th. Not bad at all when you consider our last game.
Whatever the final outcome, it'll be skewed due to portal transfers.
Recruiting services need to start ranking/adding in the transfers.
It's gotten more complicated.

The only problem I see is that the main area we need big help in hasn't been addressed near as much as the defensive side.

I agree with you. What happen to Mullins the WR/TE from last year? He is built and has speed but didn’t play a single down this year. Was he still hurt from last year? We need more WRs in this class big time. We only have two as of right now. Also we need at least one or two more OL as well. I think we only have room for three more spots though.

The poor souls, lol. Been kinda quiet the last few days from the board haters and it is glorious! Suck it nellies.
Let me help you out

South Carolina, Shane Beamer — B+​

Beamer inherited a 2-win team that was No. 125 out of 127 FBS teams in percentage of returning production. That’s why Vegas’ regular-season over/under win total was 3.5. On top of that, Beamer lost his starting quarterback before the start of the year and was forced to start a grad assistant (not a grad transfer) at the game’s most important position. And all Beamer did was lead South Carolina to a bowl game thanks to wins against Florida and Auburn. That’s darned impressive for anyone, much less a 1st-time head coach.

Beamer still has to find his team’s true offensive identity, and that group will lose some key pieces defensively. But he’s in position to potentially sign a top-15 class. He already showed he could overcome some low expectations. Gamecocks fans have to be feeling good about Beamer’s potential after Year 1.

Shocker the OP is claiming a victory before the recruiting classes are finalized. This is the pre Missouri/Clemson game weeks all over again.

Right now we are fortunate in the mass turnover at a lot of the programs that traditionally finish ahead of us. Are you going to come back and change your opinion if Florida, Clemson, LSU, Oklahoma or Oregon come back and finish ahead of us?

Would you really not trade our class for Clemson's? No one being objective would put our class above theirs. Right now we just have 8 more recruits than them.

It's going to be interesting if these same posters making these early proclamations are going to have higher expectations for our staff next year.

• Haha
Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Shocker the OP is claiming a victory before the recruiting classes are finalized. This is the pre Missouri/Clemson game weeks all over again.

Right now we are fortunate in the mass turnover at a lot of the programs that traditionally finish ahead of us. Are you going to come back and change your opinion if Florida, Clemson, LSU, Oklahoma or Oregon come back and finish ahead of us?

Would you really not trade our class for Clemson's? No one being objective would put our class above theirs. Right now we just have 8 more recruits than them.
You are the king of the straw man. I am merely recognizing, like several publications have, that Beamer is doing very well on the recruiting trail. I also said that the haters can suck it
and then, of course, you come in the door with a stick up your ass and Clemson on your lips.

I agree with you. What happen to Mullins the WR/TE from last year? He is built and has speed but didn’t play a single down this year. Was he still hurt from last year? We need more WRs in this class big time. We only have two as of right now. Also we need at least one or two more OL as well. I think we only have room for three more spots though.
Keveon Mullins is a TE/Hback type player. I think he was injured in 2020, and was likely passed by Bell this season. As far as I’m aware, he’s still with the team.

Wait to see if we get Ramon Brown, James Pearce, and Jake Johnson...if we snag these 3, top 10 class here we come....
If we were to get Jake wed probably get his QB brother from LSU in the portal who had a great season this year s at LSU 60% close to 3,000 yards with 26 TDs and 6 INTStoo that would be amazing but supposedly Texas A&M (believe they are both from GA though so closeness could be a help) are ahead on that...both would be good gets. But from a TE perspective Id love to get Transfer from OU who was highly rated as well as being productive at OU. Perfect for the loss of Nick Muse and even better he could make an impact much quicker plus might give us a bigger chance with Rattler. Either way it would change the outlook on next years season dramatically if we got Johnson brothers or could come way with both Rattler and Strogner, would be a game changer. We got vann most likely staying I have heard rumors Jahiem Bell might move to receiver which I think would be awesome. It would give Ej jenkins more chances at TE (pretty sure he is coming back?).. Either way if we could land the OU tandem or Johnson brothers TE room would improve as well as our QB and we already have a great RB room if we can utilize them correctly. We need to work ALOT on online play at least run and pass protection were dreadful this year and many times you would rewind and it be a guy blocking an invisible player or very slow to react.

Last edited:
Reactions: cadcock

I’m neither the op, nor am I claiming a victory. I am happy that we’ve landed some highly ranked recruits the last few days. It shows that the staff is active, and that these kids believe in the staff’s vision moving forward. It would be a novel concept for some fans to believe as well.

Beamer is doing what he claimed he could do, recruit. Muschamp could recruit, we saw where we ended up. I remember how giddy some of you were after some of Muschamp's recruiting classes. Before you sunshine pumpers claim some sort of victory over us skeptics, let's see that translate to the field.

Beamer is doing what he claimed he could do, recruit. Muschamp could recruit, we saw where we ended up. Before you sunshine pumpers claim some sort of victory over us skeptics, let's see that translate to the field.
Can’t see what these kids can do until next season, at a minimum. However, we all should be happy they’re going to be here instead of someplace else. That’s the premise of this thread in my opinion.

But they weren’t coming off a two win season the year before.

Can’t see what these kids can do until next season, at a minimum. However, we all should be happy they’re going to be here instead of someplace else. That’s the premise of this thread in my opinion.
I am happy for SC, but not the premise of the thread. It's about rubbing it in to some of us skeptics. I'm still a skeptic until I see it materialize on the field.

Reactions: DarkHorse2001
Beamer is doing what he claimed he could do, recruit. Muschamp could recruit, we saw where we ended up. I remember how giddy some of you were after some of Muschamp's recruiting classes. Before you sunshine pumpers claim some sort of victory over us skeptics, let's see that translate to the field.
How many of you skeptics predicted 6 wins? How many predicted a class in the top 15?

And you're the one who claimed USC would finish closer to CCU that the taters.
Still wanna back up that claim?

Ironically, we are one four star closer to Clemson than Coastal. So I guess it will depend on how Clemson and Coastal close.

How many of you skeptics predicted 6 wins? How many predicted a class in the top 15?
Okay, okay. I'm going to jump for joy over this great 6 win season, which probably 80% of us Gamecock fans never saw coming. Six wins are 6 wins but look how we struggled to get there. As far as recruiting, let's see where we end up. It may be better or worse than #15.

Okay, okay. I'm going to jump for joy over this great 6 win season, which probably 80% of us Gamecock fans never saw coming. Six wins are 6 wins but look how we struggled to get there. As far as recruiting, let's see where we end up. It may be better or worse than #15.
My point is the season exceeded expectations, regardless of how we got to 6 wins.

Going out of state to land some very solid players is impressive. Still, he’s only bringing in 1 consensus top 200 player at this point. The portal can change things and there is still time to make a splash or two, but going to need more top tier guys to win in the SEC— particularly elite offensive player makers. This class and the season’s result has shown him to be, at least, capable. Still a long way to go.

I am happy for SC, but not the premise of the thread. It's about rubbing it in to some of us skeptics. I'm still a skeptic until I see it materialize on the field.
Doesn’t sound like you’re happy about much of anything. If you’re a skeptic, that’s fine. I choose to be an optimist. The recruiting class, so far is good in relation to our record in 2021, and the coaching staff is busting their arse to improve the football program. I’m not rubbing anything in on anyone. Go Gamecocks, and Merry Christmas to you and your family 🤙🏼🐔

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Whatever the final outcome, it'll be skewed due to portal transfers.
Recruiting services need to start ranking/adding in the transfers.
It's gotten more complicated.
You might be on to a really cool business idea. Portal stars. Like HS stars but with some benefit of what they have done so far. An old 5 star may drop, and a 3 star might rise. Good idea.

Reactions: Flameout12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT