ADVERTISEMENT

Beyond The Win …

While the win was great, there are a few stats I find interesting. We only had 1 penalty for 5 yards, we had a 13 minute advantage in time of possession, and zero turnovers. Those are all big improvements no matter who we played.
The refs were congratulating our players after good play. Odd game fore sure.

Reactions: vacock#
While the win was great, there are a few stats I find interesting. We only had 1 penalty for 5 yards, we had a 13 minute advantage in time of possession, and zero turnovers. Those are all big improvements no matter who we played.
I was surprised when the refs didn’t call JuJu for a 15-yard penalty for spiking the ball after our first TD. Another officiating crew probably would have called it. But it was indeed a mistake free game by our guys.

Not saying that’s what happened last night, but I know from my time officiating high school that when it’s cold and windy like that the crew likes to keep that clock moving; I know I did. I saw some stuff last night that would often get called but didn’t; overall to my eye they called what needed calling instead of just doing some “officiating” for us.

Reactions: Cluster Cock
Not saying that’s what happened last night, but I know from my time officiating high school that when it’s cold and windy like that the crew likes to keep that clock moving; I know I did. I saw some stuff last night that would often get called but didn’t; overall to my eye they called what needed calling instead of just doing some “officiating” for us.
I saw some stuff that normally would be called but wasnt as well. My first thought was that the refs decided they were just going to let two 4-4 teams battle it out for the most part. I mean it's not like this game was of great importance conference wise. Anyway, that's the impression I got

Yes. We would have beaten Alabama last night - on the road. LSU might have and they ain't got nothing we ain't got.

I saw some stuff that normally would be called but wasnt as well. My first thought was that the refs decided they were just going to let two 4-4 teams battle it out for the most part. I mean it's not like this game was of great importance conference wise. Anyway, that's the impression I got
Yeah there was definitely a pretty blatant hold on us on one of Brown's scrambles. It ended up being a really positive play for us too but I can't remember exactly which one it was. I was sure I was going to see a flag.

Wow … ok. Perhaps you’re right. Maybe next game we can get penalized more? I’ve watched hundreds of games where we got hosed on calls so I guess it happens. But to think it’s all because of the refs rather than any improvement isn’t fair either. Y’all are a tuff crowd.

Reactions: dallascock
Yeah there was definitely a pretty blatant hold on us on one of Brown's scrambles. It ended up being a really positive play for us too but I can't remember exactly which one it was. I was sure I was going to see a flag.
At one point, it was pretty funny. They were reviewing or showing a replay of a controversial play one time, and in the background you could clearly see a blatant hold we were committing. What was funny was the tv guys didnt see it during multiple replays. They were laser focused on the original call. If it had been a snake...

Wow … ok. Perhaps you’re right. Maybe next game we can get penalized more? I’ve watched hundreds of games where we got hosed on calls so I guess it happens. But to think it’s all because of the refs rather than any improvement isn’t fair either. Y’all are a tuff crowd.
Who said we didnt improve?

Say what you will about Florida - it was refreshing to see us take a lead in a game where we were big underdogs and continue to play at the best of our ability. We never did that under the prior staff - it was managing lead and the clock which rarely worked out very well.

Great to see the confidence return. Improvements across the board. OL was from a different planet. Credit Beamer and staff for maximizing the off week. A step forward with hope it can carry over.

Nobody said it was the reason we won the game. It’s just post-game analysis. You know, “discussion” and all that stuff that reasonable people do about events.

The refs involvement or better yet lack thereof was interesting/curious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT