ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan McClendon

aembry05

Jan 16, 2005
WTF. If you don't want to be here take the next train out of town.Crap like this won't help in any way.

Actually he is just saying what no other coach will tell them because they dont want to get killed for it. Heck, Saban leaves, dabo will jump all over Alabama. I hear from upstate if Snyder leaves K-state then Venables will leave for that job if offered in a heartbeat. I am sure several of ours will go if money is right. Heck, we know schools offer athletes things, dont you think they go where the better deal is sometimes? In todays world of sugarcoating things, honesty is hard to accept.

This thread is crap and so is the article. The player could not remember the coaches name and had to be coaxed by the writer.
WTF. If you don't want to be here take the next train out of town.Crap like this won't help in any way.
BS! Could not remember who the recruiter was. The writer gave him a name so he went with it. Is that the article? Simply crap.

Reactions: IrmoRed and BigTomE
Are you saying that the part that he would take a higher job is crap? If so, you can't be that naïve. I think most workers would jump at a better job, would you?

He said the coach was a new one, coming from Georgia. The writer didn't coax much out of the kid.

What does this mean? Does it mean the coach was a former Georgia coach? Maybe the kid meant that the mystery coach flew to Kentucky out of Atlanta, Georgia. Which was it? I'm confused.

Please read the statement again. What I understand is "If he was given a better Job" he would go. Now think about what he(McClendon) was doing. If you would given a better offer from South Carolina then Kentucky, then you should take it.

Please remember it is recruiting.

Didn't Gary's mom blast WM for saying the opposite, when he was at Auburn.

I'm not going to get upset about some out of context quote from a kid who doesn't even remember the coaches name, with no information on how the conversation was going, very well could be it was a part of the pick a school for a school pitch and he was being honest with the kid about his profession.

When I have an honest conversation with someone, I expect the details of that conversation to remain private. The only problem I see with this situation: this kid doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut, but neither did I at that age.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT