ADVERTISEMENT

Burch visiting LSU today

If that was always the plan, why was everyone surprised when he didn't sign early. Only heard that AFTER he didn't sign early.

Wasn't it because he and his family kept his recruitment so close to the vest, that no one really knew what his plans were? When Burch committed to USC, that was a surprise to a lot of people - most who felt all along that he would do so, only felt that way for personal reasons, and not because they had any true inside information to rely on.

When we heard that he was planning to wait to sign in February, it was the first time we heard ANYTHING about when he was signing. But when we heard it, we heard that he was planning all along to sign in February....

Nobody is calling anyone stupid but the people acting batshit crazy because he is supposedly thinking about something that hasn't happened yet and ain't gonna happen is crazy... What about the egg on those people's faces when he signs...

If he signs (which I think he will), it won't be egg on anybody's face unless they were claiming for sure that he was going to switch. I didn't see much of that, just concern because the delay was unexpected. Now we hear about the self-funded trip to LSU again, and it looks like some of those worries were justified. I think he will sign with us, but it doesn't look like it was the done deal some claimed.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
That's exactly what he said on 107.5. Burch and his family have kept everything extremely close to the vest throughout the entire process.
I may have misheard that one. My fault.

Anyway I am done with thread. He signs here great if not, best of luck to him.

My point has been this, a lot of misinformation and unnecessary speculation. There is a ton of good info out there. Some need to go find it instead of parroting a bunch of nothing.

I may have misheard that one. My fault.

Anyway I am done with thread. He signs here great if not, best of luck to him.

My point has been this, a lot of misinformation and unnecessary speculation. There is a ton of good info out there. Some need to go find it instead of parroting a bunch of nothing.
I get it. The speculation's killing everyone. But as I mentioned, info from his coach's mouth is hardly misinformation.

I was kind of thinking it would be the other way around. Except it would maybe look worse for Muschamp in particular than USC as a whole. This very well could be his last go 'round here and he's hung his hat on being a great recruiter. Even that's up for debate, considering we're pretty much where we've always been for the last decade plus in recruiting rankings.

BUT as bad as we've been the past couple of years, he's still managed to land some good recruits. And he's also convinced enough people that we wouldn't have gotten them if we didn't have him.

So if his prize recruit punks him on Signing Day, it would damage the only remaining credibility he has left, since the question of his coaching ability has pretty much been answered.

I see what you mean. You might be right. It would be a black eye for Muschamp. Honestly, if this happens it means either (a) we were played, or (b) Muschamp is just unlucky as hell. Who would have believed that a kid that goes to school with his son, is coached by a former Gamecock and commits here in December would then decommit and sign with another school on signing day after that song and dance about signing with his other teammates? There would be some sympathy for Will in that situation.

But my major point is that the hand wringing would be over in a month. Sure, people might mention it off and on even into next fall, but the impact would be limited in scope and duration.

It would look bad all the way around. He would have screwed us over by waiting until too late for us to make other adjustments. But you are right that part would be forgotten quickly. Nobody expects recruits to behave with integrity.

For us it would look bad that we could not hold onto a verbal commit from our own backyard. And it sets up perfectly with us playing LSU next year. Would definitely be the story line heading into the game if Burch emerged as a strong player for them.

I'd feel some sympathy for Will in that situation. But his job does not hinge on Burch. We have a pretty good DL coming back. It depends on Bobo.

Wes was on Heath's show just now and I caught a little before I had to get out of the car. Sounds like we have a visit to him and his official left. If we cannot nail him down after this weekend, he has apparently been leaning LSU all along. Wes said it was very close between LSU and us on early signing day. In fairness to the kid, he's apparently had Muschamp and mom putting active and passive pressure on him for years now to stay home. I could understand him releasing the pressure valve a few weeks ago but still wanting to give LSU a last look. Your actions speak louder than your words. He really has not spoken yet.

Good post except I disagree with one thing. He did speak very clearly with his commitment video. Did you see it?

If it were not for that commitment video, I wouldn't think too much about it if he flipped as he wouldn't be the first one to flip nor the last.

But the ENTIRE theme of his commitment video was the word COMMITMENT. If you haven't seen it, you need to look it up and watch it.

So yes, I would feel, at the least, like he made a really poor decision of how to do his commitment video if he had any inclination that he would switch.

Here is video.

Reactions: okccock
You're a paid member here so take two minutes and read one of the numerous threads on the insider's forum.

Perhaps you should spend less time stirring the pot here and more time reading what is posted before spreading so much misinformation.

Insiders forum = unsubstantiated rumors

you still cannot provide a single solitary piece of information to support your position

Reactions: okccock
My goodness the usual suspects, losers and imposters here on our forum, the FGF, have gone all in on hoping Burch flips to LSU. PATHETIC.
Gonna be some trashy imposters and usual suspects with egg on their face if Burch signs with Carolina. Just pathetic some of the crap allowed to be posted here.

Last edited:
Insiders forum = unsubstantiated rumors

you still cannot provide a single solitary piece of information to support your position

Dude... read the insider's forum. He is on his official visit right now and 6 of our coaches were at his basketball game tonight. Those are Facts not rumors.

Stop acting like a child. The information is there so go read it. I don't have to "provide" you the info.

My goodness the usual suspects, losers and imposters here on our forum, the FGF, have gone all in on hoping Burch flips to LSU. PATHETIC.
Gonna be some trashy imposters and usual suspects with egg on their face if Burch signs with Carolina. Just pathetic some of the crap allowed to be posted here.

I agree. Gets old seeing same whiny posters

Good post except I disagree with one thing. He did speak very clearly with his commitment video. Did you see it?

If it were not for that commitment video, I wouldn't think too much about it if he flipped as he wouldn't be the first one to flip nor the last.

But the ENTIRE theme of his commitment video was the word COMMITMENT. If you haven't seen it, you need to look it up and watch it.

So yes, I would feel, at the least, like he made a really poor decision of how to do his commitment video if he had any inclination that he would switch.

Yep, bad choice if he changes.

When other schools get a 5 Star commitment, it's seen as a positive and the kid usually helps recruit other kids before signing day.

When we get them, we usually have to drag them to the finish line and things get muddy along the way.

I agree with previous posters . If we get him great if not so what . It will be absolutely no surprise if a 5 star kid flips to play for a National Champ rather than a program that frankly is not really good . Jordan Burch is not gonna turn this team into a powerhouse or even a .500 team . He’s great , he’s not a Clowney or Bosa , not even close . Getting his commitment just bought Muschamp some much needed good will and if he flips it will just put Muschamp back in the furnace . Until this staff proves it can win consistently it doesn’t matter . If he signs that awesome but if not I ain’t losing a minute of sleep over it .

He's at SC today on his official. I think if he were going to flip to LSU he would have already decommitted and probably would not be at SC today. While it is still possible he could change his mind at this point it would reflect poorly on him if he were to flip Wednesday and sign with LSU. I certainly wouldn't hold that against Coach Muschamp.

Whoever posted above and said that he was just honoring a promise to Coach O is probably correct. And it does happen that way a lot.

He's at SC today on his official. I think if he were going to flip to LSU he would have already decommitted and probably would not be at SC today. While it is still possible he could change his mind at this point it would reflect poorly on him if he were to flip Wednesday and sign with LSU. I certainly wouldn't hold that against Coach Muschamp.

Whoever posted above and said that he was just honoring a promise to Coach O is probably correct. And it does happen that way a lot.

says a bunch about the recruit too.. u make a promise, i stick to it..
Also even thou its an unofficial visit i’m sure u still get treated like a rock star,,, and if his parents can afford to send him to hammond i doubt a road trip to Baton Rouge is really a strain on the budget..

Glad to hear his visit here went well, given that there was absolutely no other updates on his recruiting process since his commitment other than his unofficial to LSU. In spite of his obvious interest in LSU, his heart (and his mom's) appears to be in Columbia.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT